CLASS A BOYS ALL-STATE

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

CLASS A BOYS ALL-STATE

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:45 pm

FIRST TEAM
**AJ Jacobson - Fargo Shanley
Nate Mertens - Devils Lake
Erron Collins - Mandan
Mac Kroeplin - GF Red River
#Tanner Kretchman - Fargo Davies
#Ben Weisbeck - St. Mary's

SECOND TEAM
Patrick Strom - Fargo Shanley
Jordan Kreig - Dickinson
Tyler Rudolph - Century
Chase Carpenter - Valley City
Darius Sparks - St. Mary's

** = Unanimous Selection
# = Tied in votes
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: CLASS A BOYS ALL-STATE

Postby ND-is-#1 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Surprised Carpenter made it. Any stats on him?
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby T$$ » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:23 pm

First team is right on the money. 2nd team seems like BHS or MInot should have someone.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:51 pm

Hard to think of who to take off. Neither Bismarck or Minot had any major stand out in my opinion, but were really good at spreading things around and being solid defensively. West Fargo is kind of in that same situation. Kids I thought could have made it who didn't are Chad Bartosh, Andrew Kozlowski, David Olson, Colton Lloyd, and Paxton Lloyd.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:08 am

I think this was the post that motivated Kretchman to become a better player than Kozlowski.
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:You honestly think that's true? Cause then I'm completely fine with it. But seeig as how he has switched 2 times already and the previous ones have been for sports I kind of doubt that. I honestly hope your right

Never met the kid, don't know him at all. I'm just saying that it's a possibility.

Kindred is building a brand new school right now, so your theory really doesn't hold water. If he just would have stayed in Casselton, he would have been part of a pretty great team this year that has a chance of making it far. As of now, he is playing JV at Davies. I hope it was worth it.

Still has the potential of being on some pretty special Davies teams to come.

I hope he knows he won't even be the best player on his team.

I'm sure he knows that.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby MoSiouxFan » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:30 am

balla45 wrote:Hard to think of who to take off. Neither Bismarck or Minot had any major stand out in my opinion, but were really good at spreading things around and being solid defensively. West Fargo is kind of in that same situation. Kids I thought could have made it who didn't are Chad Bartosh, Andrew Kozlowski, David Olson, Colton Lloyd, and Paxton Lloyd.

Balla, how would you rank this year's first team all-state team with, say, the previous 4 or 5 first team all-state teams? With players like Jacobson and Mertens it would seem to be a cut above, but maybe that's just me.
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:14 pm

2009 - Hanstad, Qvale, Kielpinski, Friskop, Schreiner.
2010 - Hanstad, Kielpinski, Savageau, Schreiner, Finley.
2011 - Hanstad, Rodenbiker, Schultz, Ledger, Werner, Erickstad.
2012 - Jacobson, Arvidson, Werner, Coyle, Fraase.
2013 - Jacobson, Kroeplin, Mertens, Collins, Weisbeck, Kretchman.

No team completely stands out to me. I like 2009 with Schreiner as a point, Hanstad at the 2 at 6'4", Friskop at the 3 at 6'4", with two 6'7" inside. I like 2012 alot too. 2013 doesn't have a post, which hurts a bit.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:09 pm

One of my favorite all-state teams was a few years back when Brian Qvale, Tate Kick, Justin Belohlavek and Jordan Wilhelm were on the first team. Not sure where that ranks, but that was a solid year.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:02 am

That 2007 team is loaded. One of my favorite All State teams since I have started watching basketball. No true point, but so much size and athleticism. Could make Belohlavek a point guard. Belohlavek, Wilhelm, Elgie, Kick, and Qvale is a very tough match.

2006 would also be very tough. Kick, Wilhelm, Erdmann, Mertens. Can not remember that 5th guy at all. Mertens was an absolutely freakish high school basketball player. Can and would dunk on anyone at any given time.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:34 pm

balla45 wrote:Hard to think of who to take off. Neither Bismarck or Minot had any major stand out in my opinion, but were really good at spreading things around and being solid defensively. West Fargo is kind of in that same situation. Kids I thought could have made it who didn't are Chad Bartosh, Andrew Kozlowski, David Olson, Colton Lloyd, and Paxton Lloyd.

Why limit it to 11? That's a really odd number. Since there aren't as many teams as class B, I get not going for 15, but I would think 12 would make more sense.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:26 pm

There are typically 10.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys