Hoopster

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndbb » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:36 pm

Here are the rankings and players to watch for class A in the Hoopster.

EDC

Red River
South
North
West Fargo
Wahpeton
Devils Lake
Shanley
Valley City
Central

WDA

Dickinson
Bismarck
Williston
Minot
Belcourt
Mandan
Century
Jamestown
St. Marys

Players to Watch

Tanner Farkas
Tate Kick
Zac Elgie
Jordan May
Jon Kramer
Justin Belohavek
Brian Qvale
Jordan Wilhelm
BJ Mertens
Drew Gradziekski

Honorable Mention

Marcus Fridley
Justin Walker
Ismail Kareem
Dan Bergerson
Shaun Knife
Billy Houle
Luke Heck
Jordan Allard
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ballplayer15 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:13 pm

yah i saw that too fridley is getting honarable mention just because of last season he was out he is one of th ebetter players in the state
ballplayer15

Postby cdub1 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:16 pm

fridley could be top 5 in the state very easy

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BBall dominator » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:05 pm

oh no josh maurer how ridiculous j/k
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSHOWTIMEFAN » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:08 pm

Does Everyone think that Devils Lake going to be at the bottom of the EDC? Who is that 6'7'' Mertens kid that Devils Lake has got?
NDSHOWTIMEFAN

Postby luv2hoop » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:50 am

Mertens Kid has some talent, starting to come around! needs to get stronger and get more experience. He's Travis cousin, father Rodger was a good player in his Day. I hope DL's coach  doesn't choke like last year! He only got COY because of talent and because they felt sorry for the community.  I'm just one person opinion. you have the best player in state shooting 18 footer the last 2min. of the game. A great or even good coach would have said "Travis, Post up! 3 things will happen 99% of the time.

1. get the ball spin and score.

2. get the ball, get to FT line

3. Miss, but because you're the best offensive rebounder in the state, good chance you get it back and do something with it.

I was shocked at the coaching job. make them take good shots, anybody can get a 18 ft stepback, and if you miss that shot. it's tough to get the best player in the state a chance to get an O board. 1st time they did it, maybe the kids didn't listen, next 2 or 3 times is squarely the coaches fault period!

What a GREAT community of Fans, They desired a better coaching job when the pressure was on. That's what separates the men from the boys in coaching!
luv2hoop

Postby ndbasketballfan007 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:03 am

Its so easy to blame a coach, when the kids dont execute the way they are suppose to. IF you remember two key players missed 3 out of 4 free throws in the last minute of that game. Maybe you should watch the game and quit blaming the coach's when the players need to make the plays.  Also during the EDC Travis is the only player to step up in the tournament every other player could not make a shot no matter what kind of shot it was. SO GET REAL BUDDY.  if you remeber the year before the # 1 team West Fargo lost out in the EDC also. OH buts its easy to BLAME the coach's.
ndbasketballfan007
NDPreps Starter

Postby luv2hoop » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:23 am

WF didn't have the same talent, they were undersized, they won on D and playing smart. I don't think they had anything close to an allstate player. Limke got EDC COY because they played much better than expected and at the EDC couldn't make a shot period. DL was totally different, as not blaming Merens at all, he carried them BIGTIME! I'm just saying there coach was terrible and that was the sad part. I'm not the only one who felt that way. If all you have is undersized kids, then maybe it's OK to live or die by the 3 ball. But not when you the STUD you had in Mertens and a couple other ones. WF did'nt have a stud DL had. Comparing apples with oranges.

Limke overachieved all season. then reality set in at EDC. Coach from DL just layed a BIG egg!
luv2hoop

Postby ndbasketballfan007 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:45 am

YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE !! END OF STORY
ndbasketballfan007
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbasketballfan007 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:50 am

OH yeah LUV how about the year before when DL overchieved. They took

2nd at the EDC and went to the state tourney.. Thats what I thought
ndbasketballfan007
NDPreps Starter

Postby luv2hoop » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:16 am

I'm sorry you're so upset! you must be one of the coaches, my bad. I think the coach (or you) did a nice job the year before, although you still had a 1st team all stater  in Mertens and a couple all EDC players so it was not shocking to get to state. I think you were something like a 3 or 4 seed coming in! I should have not been so critical of the coach, but I still think the coach should have done things diff.. I know it's easy watching from the sidelines. I just love it when the smaller (enrollment) schools have great teams. I know it doesn't happen every year! We'll just agree to disagree. Good luck this year!
luv2hoop

Postby Hi Rizer » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:28 am

[align=left]6'7 boy is Jordan Mertens... good player but needs to work on inside game...shoots to many out sides shots. If he gains some muscle and actually gets a vertical he wont be stopped next year.
[/align]
Hi Rizer

Postby Hi Rizer » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:28 am

ndbasketballfan007 wrote:Its so easy to blame a coach, when the kids dont execute the way they are suppose to. IF you remember two key players missed 3 out of 4 free throws in the last minute of that game. Maybe you should watch the game and quit blaming the coach's when the players need to make the plays.  Also during the EDC Travis is the only player to step up in the tournament every other player could not make a shot no matter what kind of shot it was. SO GET REAL BUDDY.  if you remeber the year before the # 1 team West Fargo lost out in the EDC also. OH buts its easy to BLAME the coach's.

you cant jus blame the players... if you knew the team good enough you would know that the starting line up at the beginning of the year was perfect.... the boys played with each other for bout 6 or 7 years.... then after a while the coach put b.j. in nothing against b.j. but y would you change up a perfect line up.... he can have his time to shine later but jus not when u need a stronger player inside... the last game  they went up against the most physical team in the state GF Central... so they didnt even put there strongest person in Scott Sivdal instead BJ the entire game and scott dint play a second now im pretty sure when to teams pound it around the stronger team with come out with the win so why didnt DL put in there touh kids... cuz the coach was already rebuilding his team for next year:X not a smart move
Hi Rizer

Return to Boys