TOP PLAYERS

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: TOP PLAYERS

Postby senser » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:03 pm

Wasn't sure where to ask this, but I saw the Lien kid from Moorhead had like 51 points or so.

Anyone want to try to compare him and AJ Jacobson? Did NDSU recruit the right guy?
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby Broadway Joe » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:50 pm

Weisbeck from St.Mary's and Jacobson from Shanley look like the 2 best players to me.
Broadway Joe
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go maji » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:20 pm

Broadway Joe wrote:Weisbeck from St.Mary's and Jacobson from Shanley look like the 2 best players to me.

I saw Weisbeck play in minot, and he had a lot of missed open shots.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:28 pm

senser wrote:Wasn't sure where to ask this, but I saw the Lien kid from Moorhead had like 51 points or so.

Anyone want to try to compare him and AJ Jacobson? Did NDSU recruit the right guy?

I think Lien is more athletic but not as skilled, if that makes sense. He's like a less polished AJ with more bounce.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:32 pm

go maji wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:Weisbeck from St.Mary's and Jacobson from Shanley look like the 2 best players to me.

I saw Weisbeck play in minot, and he had a lot of missed open shots.

I'd have to agree with you in that Jacobson is the best in the EDC, and Weisbeck the best in the WDA, with Kroeplin and Collins being the number 2 guy in each region.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bamboozled » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:27 am

Kroeplin seems so arrogant, but he's a player.
Bamboozled
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:14 am

balla45 wrote:
senser wrote:Wasn't sure where to ask this, but I saw the Lien kid from Moorhead had like 51 points or so.

I think Lien is more athletic but not as skilled, if that makes sense. He's like a less polished AJ with more bounce.

Makes perfect sense to me. Kevin Love is highly skilled, but not very athletic. Blake Griffin's athleticism is far greater than his skill level.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:35 am

Bamboozled wrote:Kroeplin seems so arrogant, but he's a player.

I've seriously been hearing that he is arrogant since he was a freshman in high school, and I just don't get it. I coached against him numerous times when he was in middle school, have seen a lot of his high school and summer games, and I just don't see it.

From what I've seen and heard, he seems like a guy who wants to prove that he is the best player on the floor each and every time he steps on the court. It's hard to fault a guy for that, especially when he has essentially had to listen to everyone state that AJ Jacobson or Jacob Hagler is the best player in his class, for his entire career, even though Mac has been putting up huge numbers for 3 seasons.

Had a chance to watch him go up against Rashad Vaughn (Top 25 Nationally), Phil Nolan (UCONN), and others on a loaded Net Gain Sports team, and he was definitely the best player on the court in the first half of that game.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bamboozled » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:42 pm

Just things like holding his for a few extra seconds after he hits a 3 or barking back at other school's student sections. Or when he's introduced he flexes and his teammate feels his biceps..
Bamboozled
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:17 am

Bamboozled wrote:Just things like holding his for a few extra seconds after he hits a 3 or barking back at other school's student sections. Or when he's introduced he flexes and his teammate feels his biceps

lol...that's deemed cool by HS kids?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Footballa10 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:45 am

Tanner Kretchman of Davies is a dude, Very very pure shooting stroke. It is very pretty to watch. He should be in the top 5 players in the state. Shanley played him very tight and still scored 30. My top five would go like this:
1. Aj Jacobson
2. Tanner Kretchman
3. Ben Weisbeck
4. Erron Collins
5. Mac Kroeplin
Footballa10
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:47 pm

With these top players, who gonna be on the Lion's game...
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:30 pm

Mighty-Mouse wrote:With these top players, who gonna be on the Lion's game...

I would have to say.

WDA

Collins
Gerding
Krieg (football?)
Unruh
Van Dusen

EDC

Alderman
Carpenter
Jacobson
Kroeplin
Lloyd
Mertens
Olson

Depending on who wins state, we could potentially see Bohan, Hoplin, Kemnitz, or Wegner.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:08 pm

Footballa10 wrote:Tanner Kretchman of Davies is a dude, Very very pure shooting stroke. It is very pretty to watch. He should be in the top 5 players in the state. Shanley played him very tight and still scored 30. My top five would go like this:
1. Aj Jacobson
2. Tanner Kretchman
3. Ben Weisbeck
4. Erron Collins
5. Mac Kroeplin

Kretchman can absolutely stroke, I completely agree, however, I am not completely sold on him being one of the top 5 players.

Collins is far and away the best point guard in Class A, in my opinion, if you do not consider Kroeplin a point guard. If you do, then it is close between the two. Collins leads the WDA in scoring and steals, playing without much help, while getting faceguarded every game, and he has a game winner this season.

With Jacobson, Kroeplin, and Weisbeck, their wins and numbers are all the really needs to be said.

One can make a case for Kretchman, Mertens, Rudolph, or Strom as a legitimate first team all stater.

As stated, Kretchman is putting up absolutely crazy numbers, and Davies beat Red River. The two Shanley blowouts, the West Fargo blowout, and the Devil's Lake loss make me question whether or not he is a top 5 guy.

Mertens has the best numbers in Class A, and a win over Davies. He is much better than I thought he was and is having a great year.

Rudolph has the least impressive numbers of the three to a casual fan. However, his only losses in North Dakota competition are to Saint Mary's by 3 and 5. In close games, within 10 points, he is averaging 17.2 points, 13.0 rebounds, and 1.5 blocks, which would be third, first, and first in WDA stat leaders. His numbers overall are deflated because of the slow pace that Century plays at, and the fact that they blow a lot of teams out and they spread out minutes a lot in those blow out games.

Strom has had a number of huge games. Very impressive scoring and shooting statistics and his team is undefeated at home.

I feel that after Collins, Jacobson, Kroeplin, and Weisbeck, one could make a legitimate case for Kretchman, Mertens, Rudolph, or Strom to be that last first team all state guy.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bamboozled » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:02 pm

I think Strom should be an all state guy.
Bamboozled
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sniper » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:57 am

Bamboozled wrote:I think Strom should be an all state guy.

Agreed! Kid is a threat to score no matter how far away he is from the bucket.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby UpperDecker » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:52 am

Sniper wrote:
Bamboozled wrote:I think Strom should be an all state guy.

Agreed! Kid is a threat to score no matter how far away he is from the bucket.

I also agree, the man can drain threes from anywhere inside the half court line right in someone's face. He can score almost at will.
UpperDecker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:27 am

Newest projections.

First Team All State (Alphabetical order)
Erron Collins - Mandan
AJ Jacobson - Fargo Shanley
Mac Kroeplin - Grand Forks Red River
Nathan Mertens - Devil's Lake
Ben Weisbeck - Saint Mary's Central

Second Team All State (Alphabetical Order)
Paxton Lloyd - Fargo South (assuming he recovers from his injury)
Tanner Kretchman - Fargo Davies
Jordan Krieg - Dickinson
Tyler Rudolph - Bismarck Century
Patrick Strom - Fargo Shanley

5 Outside Looking In (Alphabetical Order)
Chad Bartosh - Grand Forks Red River
Andrew Kozlowski - Fargo Davies
Colton Lloyd - Fargo South
David Olson - Fargo Davies
Darius Sparks - Saint Mary's Central

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys