Best Home Court Advantage

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Best Home Court Advantage

Postby PhillipRivers » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:38 am

Who do you think has the best fan base/court/etc in the state?
Minot has a loud student section and all games will be played at the high school this year.
look for them to make some loud chants.
PhillipRivers
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Best Home Court Advantage

Postby balla45 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:39 pm

I think that it just fluctuates with the talent. When teams are better, more people show up. Saint Mary's and Century always seem to have impressive crowds, even when the teams were below average.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Snapalopes » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:29 am

Bismarck High School - The Karlgaard Krazies
Snapalopes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Snapalopes wrote:Bismarck High School - The Karlgaard Krazies

You guys are solid at home. Was not impressed at the second round of the state tournament for the boys' game.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Snapalopes » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:50 pm

Bismarck High has not lost in the Karlgaard since Zac Elgie played for Minot. Although, they have lost many games at the civic center, but this is not full out home court advantage. The student section was bad at the State Tournament because Bismarck high doesn't cheer or care about the consolation bracket.
Snapalopes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:21 pm

I do feel that one of the reasons that BHS has not lost in the Karlgaard since Elgie played is that BHS has played MHS and CHS at the Civic Center for the past few seasons, as we can likely conclude that one of those teams would have won at some point in the last four years.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Snapalopes » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:30 pm

I agree with you. When I said, "they have lost many games at the civic center" I was referring to Mandan and century.
Snapalopes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Snapalopes » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:34 pm

With that, the civic center does not provide a great atmosphere for a regular season game. This is due to empty seats, being far from the court and students not being able to see from the elected "student section area". Students choose not to stand in the student section areas because it is not ideal where they're set up at the CC.
Snapalopes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby End90 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:02 pm

I guess we will see in a couple of days how the BHS crowd is as Minot comes to BHS (Karlgaard) on Thursday. Last year against Minot (at Karlgaard) I think the loudest the crowd got was when Dexter missed a breakaway dunk and then Coach Miller gave him the staredown.
End90
NDPreps Starter

Postby Snapalopes » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:22 pm

End, will you be in attendance?
Snapalopes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Agreed with your points, was just stating that the major reason that they have not lost at Karlgaard is that they haven't played the top teams there. I could see both Minot and Saint Mary's picking up wins. I do like the BHS student section though.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby End90 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:14 pm

I hope to be. BHS vs. Minot are typically fun games IMO. Just wish it was a Saturday rather than a Thursday, as it is a good afternoon and evening of baketball and with work unlikely that can make it to all the games.
End90
NDPreps Starter

Postby MARKWALD23 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:56 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Dickinson beat Bismarck at Bismarck High a few years ago.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PhillipRivers » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:58 am

Minot took it to the home crowd at Bismarck
PhillipRivers
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:02 am

Really impressed with the BHS Student Section last night. Loud. Had some very creative chants without taking it over the line.

Minot is a very solid overall team. Will be tough to beat this year.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby footballa30 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Fargo North or Fargo Shanley hands down
footballa30
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Snapalopes » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:31 am

If there is a Minot parent or fan, I would like to hear their opinion. It is Bismarck High when they are at home. If it is at the civic center then it is up for debate. But, at the Karlgaard, The Karlgaard Krazies are the best.
Snapalopes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby End90 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:39 am

It was a real good crowd and atmosphere at Karlgaard on Thursday night. The student section was really into it. I was impressed, much better than last year.
End90
NDPreps Starter

Postby go maji » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Snapalopes wrote:If there is a Minot parent or fan, I would like to hear their opinion. It is Bismarck High when they are at home. If it is at the civic center then it is up for debate. But, at the Karlgaard, The Karlgaard Krazies are the best.

Whether they're loud or creative. But when they're rude and obnoxious (which is most of the time), nobody will respect their section.

They might be up there if they added some sportsmenship. Maybe that game on Thursday showed them that the Earth doen't revolve around them.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:38 am

I don't think that they were too rude or obnoxious. MAYBE the chant aimed at Gerding was a bit extreme. Everything chanted at Halvorson was a reference to South Park.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:54 pm

balla45 wrote:I don't think that they were too rude or obnoxious. MAYBE the chant aimed at Gerding was a bit extreme. Everything chanted at Halvorson was a reference to South Park.

Hahaha I already like these kids if they were referrencing South Park.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ddude4 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:30 am

Whether they're loud or creative. But when they're rude and obnoxious (which is most of the time), nobody will respect their section.

They might be up there if they added some sportsmenship. Maybe that game on Thursday showed them that the Earth doen't revolve around them.[/quote] You are right when you say that they are obnoxious and rude at times, but I don't believe they got depressed or discouraged when they lost to Minot. Their main goal is to do as much as they can to help their team win the game. Whether it's making fun of another player or trying to make them miss free throws by singing I'm a little tee pot, they create a solid home court advantage. Minot is a very good team, but they were able to beat a talented St. Mary's team with help from the Krazies (and a few tough calls).
ddude4
NDPreps Rookie

Postby UpperDecker » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Fargo Shanley has had a very impressive student section this season. Their rendition of Taylor University's "Silent Night" against Davies was undoubtedly the loudest i have ever heard a high school gymnasium for a basketball game, and i've been watching high school ball since 2005. It was unbelievable .
UpperDecker
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys