EDC Thoughts

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

EDC Thoughts

Postby balla45 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:11 pm

I have watched almost every team play in some capacity this season.

Red River has, far and away, the most talent of any team I've seen in North Dakota this year. I think Kroeplin is an absolute stud, and Arvidson is a great athlete that hits tough shots. Farroh is probably an all conference player, and with their other two starters being 6'2" and 6'6", they are going to be tough to beat. I would not be shocked to see them enter the EDC tournament undefeated, or with only one or two losses.

The EDC as a whole is pretty unique. I have to think Shanley makes state, as AJ has been incredibly impressive in every outing this season. Having Strom's 20 or so points a night will definitely help as well.

I think the last two spots will come down to Fargo Davies, Wahpeton, and West Fargo, but would not be shocked to see Fargo North sneak in, if they can close out close games. Davies has a pretty dynamic duo with Kozlowski and Jordahl, and I think that post presence will be a big factor in the EDC tournament, where Wahpeton relies on the three balls, and West Fargo truly epitomizes team offense and defense.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: EDC Thoughts

Postby ndbbfan33 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:52 am

Agree with Balla - GR Red River appears to be the class of the EDC this year, and absent injury, should cruise to the EDC title and State Tourney. Red River is big, strong and good, but will likely be tested in several upcoming road games, especially at Shanley, Wahpeton and Davies. One has the sense that the Red River-Shanley rematch on Jan 31 is a game not to be missed. AJ Jacobson is top-shelf, and he has 2-3 other greyhounds to run with that can do a few things, too.

The other three EDC spots in the State Tourney will be hotly contested among Shanley, West Fargo, Wahpeton, Davies, South and even winless North, which is much better than their record would indicate. Gut feeling right now is that the EDC state teams will be Red River, Shanley, West Fargo and Davies. Unless North gets going, garnering the #1 and #2 seeds in the EDC will be big, as those teams might avoid dog-eat-dog opening games.

Balla - Thanks for your postings. Good stuff.
ndbbfan33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby retiredbballer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:47 pm

Balla I would have to agree with you with everything but I don't see how you wouldn't have south as a contender, theyve beaten whap and wf and blew a 10 point lead against shanley in the closing minutes, agreed north is better than their record.
retiredbballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndbbfan33 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:17 am

Definitely South is a contender for an EDC spot in the State Tourney.

South is very similar to Shanley in that they have 3-4 really good guards on the floor most of the time, and Landon Poss has a variety of shots and moves that make him hard to cover. South's big men Nicholas and May can be very effective, too. Nicholas didn't win the first battle against AJ Jacobson, but he played well.

AJ is very likely the best player in the EDC, and is a good team player, too. Shanley's other starters are a bit underrated. South's first loss to Shanley was definitely a stinger, and one would guess that South is looking forward to the rematch @ Shanley.

The EDC is really fun this year.
ndbbfan33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cast3 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:16 pm

WF emitomizes defense........but not offense. They struggle offensively.
cast3
NDPreps Starter

Postby CAS10 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:35 am

cast3 wrote:WF emitomizes defense........but not offense. They struggle offensively.

This is exactly right. You know what you will get out of them every night.

With the EDC Tourney starting tonight, GFRR & Shanley are still pretty much locks like what has already been said. State play-in games should look like this with my predictions in bold:

WF vs Wahpeton - too much defense & Wahp is not the same team away from home
South vs Davies - high scoring game that will come down to the wire

If Syverson was able to go for FN, they would have had a shot to make it to state but that is not the case anymore.
CAS10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brown » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:23 am

What actually happened to Syverson? I heard something about an ACL tear? Is this rumor true, and if so very unfortunate for him especially as a senior.
brown
NDPreps Rookie

Postby CAS10 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:34 am

brown wrote:What actually happened to Syverson? I heard something about an ACL tear? Is this rumor true, and if so very unfortunate for him especially as a senior.

Yes it is true. In the Wahpeton game towards then end of the year.
CAS10
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys