Best Offensive & Best Defensive Teams In The West Region

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby OkGo12 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:25 pm

I just wanna kno who everyone thinks the best offensive and best defensive teams will be. . .
"The Desire Accomplished Is Sweet To The Soul"
[Proverbs 13:19]
OkGo12
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:31 pm

OkGo12 wrote:I just wanna kno who everyone thinks the best offensive and best defensive teams will be. . .

Best offensive team Dickinson

Best defensive team Williston

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Mr. Me Too » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:37 pm

Best Offensive and Best Defensive is Bismarck High. . .there program is awesome
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ballplayer15 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:27 pm

Dickinson best offense williston best defense bismark high defense is very over rated it hasnt been great since they won state in 01 or whenever there defense is some what average but there really isnt much defense so i guess you oculd get away with sayin they got a the second best in the state  i dont know about this year though with dressler and sigil gone to play up on guys
ballplayer15

Postby Saas25 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:40 am

how can u put williston's d ahead of BHS'... there team takes pride in their defense and no matter who they play they be in their face all day.  They are always undersized and manage to somehow out play the size difference.  Example) look at when they played williston last year, they were definately outsized but they managed to stop Quale inside without a guy over 6'4".
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:11 am

i dont care if they are stopping qvale last year they lost all of their team with the exception of wilhelm both qvales are defensive forces the only player bismarck has whos defense stands out is senger

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ballplayer15 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:58 pm

ok well lets see here let me breakdown this starting 5 defensively

gunderson - poor on ball defender some what ok off the ball defensively

wilhelm - defense is defenitly not his strong point

luke - bad

peterson - strong defensively in the post - on the ball terrible slow feet really cant do much on the ball

i dont even know who there 5th starter is but the way i see it thats not a good defense unit williston is much better just cause they got 2 bigs inside forcing people to shot outside shots

offensively hands down dickonson with two perlific scores in kick and fridley a  great shooter in bruschwine schreoder and baker strong down low and can also shoot the outside shot thats gunna be a team to see offensively i guessing they willl be puttin up about 70 to 80 points a game but then again everyone has there own opinion yah me too

Last edited by ballplayer15 on Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ballplayer15

Postby Ming01 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:29 pm

thenextbigthing wrote:ok well lets see here let me breakdown this starting 5 defensively

gunderson - poor on ball defender some what ok off the ball defensively

wilhelm - defense is defenitly not his strong point

luke - bad

peterson - strong defensively in the post - on the ball terrible slow feet really cant do much on the ball

i dont even know who there 5th starter is but the way i see it thats not a good defense unit williston is much better just cause they got 2 bigs inside forcing people to shot outside shots

offensively hands down dickonson with two perlific scores in kick and fridley a  great shooter in bruschwine schreoder and baker strong down low and can also shoot the outside shot thats gunna be a team to see offensively i guessing they willl be puttin up about 70 to 80 points a game but then again everyone has there own opinion yah me too

Hendrickson will start for them.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ballplayer15 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:04 pm

and with hendrickson your gunna tell me he can play defense too ha well his to his own
ballplayer15

Postby oldtymer » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:12 pm

Wilhelm is the most competitive player in the state he always wants to guard the best player and he was successful... senger big guys cant move him at all on the inside great defensive player.. gunderson is the teams best player he has determination he juss isnt very strong and hendrickson also a solid defender the thing about this team if you dont play D you dont play
oldtymer

Postby hooppride » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:30 am

Last edited by hooppride on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
hooppride

Postby bcourtbraves » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:28 pm

I believe Belcourt is the best offensive team in the state because of their ability to run the break, how many teams can keep up with them in the open court?  As for defense I would have to say Williston, because of the Qvales.  They are going to force many unwanted outside shots to decrease the opponents scoring.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Me Too » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:40 pm

bcourtbraves wrote:I believe Belcourt is the best offensive team in the state because of their ability to run the break, how many teams can keep up with them in the open court?  As for defense I would have to say Williston, because of the Qvales.  They are going to force many unwanted outside shots to decrease the opponents scoring.

According to there ppg they are in the top 3 for scoring so i guess the do have one of the top offensives in the state and there pretty close to top 5 for being a pretty good defensive team
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:23 am

Best Defensive team in EDC is West Fargo
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikes_fan » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:43 am

Number7 wrote:Best Defensive team in EDC is West Fargo

allowing 86 points against mandan???
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:31 am

THE EAST
DL is averaging 73 ppg and giving up 67
Fargo North is averaging 68 and giving up 57
Fargo South is averaging 63 and giving up 60
GFC is averaging 52 and giving up 68
GFRR is averaging 72 and giving up 66
Fargo Shanley is aveaging 69 and giving up 63
Valley City is averaging 61 and giving up 65
West Fargo is averaging 61 and giving up 58
Wahpeton is averaging 72 and giving up 61

THE WEST
Bismarck High is averaging 65 and givng up 64
Century is averaging 61 and giving up 67
Dickinson is averaging 68 and giving up 58
Jamestown is averaging 64 and giving up 78
Mandan is averaging 74 and giving up 68
Minot is averaging 70 and giving up 63
St.Marys is averaging 52 and giving up 73
Belcourt is averaging 73 and giving up 61
Williston is averaging 68 and giving up 50
ndsubball

Postby cdub1 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:43 am

it looks like wahpeton is the best defensive team in the edc

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Number7 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:13 pm

How is wahpeton the best defensive team in the EDC?  West Fargo is giving up three fewer points per game, and tonight held a high scoring Fargo South team to 40 POINTS! Don't tell me West Fargo isn't the best defensive team in the EDC, mandan was their one slip up and besides Century thats all you guys in the West have seen. Here's another thing besides points that has a great deal to do with defense

[align=left]Turnovers Per Game[/align]
[align=left]Devils Lake- Couldn't find any information. If someone knows please post. [/align]
[align=left]Fargo North- 5 turnovers per game  Opponents 1.8 (got it from EDC website seems very low)[/align]
[align=left]Fargo South - 18 turnovers per game  Opponents 13[/align]
[align=left]Grand Forks Central- 14.6 turnovers per game Opponents  9.8[/align]
[align=left]Grand Forks Red River - 14.2 turnover per game Opponents 10.6[/align]
[align=left]Fargo Shanley- Also no information[/align]
[align=left]Valley City- No stats[/align]
[align=left]Wahpeton- 12.6 per game Opponents 21.2[/align]
[align=left]West Fargo- 16.6 per game Opponents 18.4                               [/align]

[align=left]                                              [/align]

Last edited by Number7 on Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:01 pm

Number7 wrote:How is wahpeton the best defensive team in the EDC?  West Fargo is giving up three fewer points per game, and tonight held a high scoring Fargo South team to 40 POINTS! Don't tell me West Fargo isn't the best defensive team in the EDC, mandan was their one slip up and besides Century thats all you guys in the West have seen. Here's another thing besides points that has a great deal to do with defense

[align=left]Turnovers Per Game[/align]

[align=left]Devils Lake- Couldn't find any information. If someone knows please post. [/align]

[align=left]Fargo North- 5 turnovers per game  Opponents 1.8 (got it from EDC website seems very low)[/align]

[align=left]Fargo South - 18 turnovers per game  Opponents 13[/align]

[align=left]Grand Forks Central- 14.6 turnovers per game Opponents  9.8[/align]

[align=left]Grand Forks Red River - 14.2 turnover per game Opponents 10.6[/align]

[align=left]Fargo Shanley- Also no information[/align]

[align=left]Valley City- No stats[/align]

[align=left]Wahpeton- 12.6 per game Opponents 21.2[/align]

[align=left]West Fargo- 16.6 per game Opponents 18.4                               [/align]

[align=left]                                              [/align]

21 turnovers per game and i said wahpeton becuz they win by more

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsubball » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:40 pm

Number7 wrote:How is wahpeton the best defensive team in the EDC?  West Fargo is giving up three fewer points per game, and tonight held a high scoring Fargo South team to 40 POINTS! Don't tell me West Fargo isn't the best defensive team in the EDC, mandan was their one slip up and besides Century thats all you guys in the West have seen. Here's another thing besides points that has a great deal to do with defense

I would have to agree with cdub1 that wahpeton is the best and dont hand me this crap that west fargo is because they give up 3 less points a game because you could go ahead and say fargo north is then because they give up 1 point less than west fargo so look all the teams point stats before you go and say something
ndsubball

Postby Ming01 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:35 pm

wahpeton is best defensively because they score the highest and is close to being the top team who give up the fewest and also their good turnover ratio
Last edited by Ming01 on Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Spanky » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:04 pm

Williston has to have the best offense and defense. They haven't had to many games close enough for them to keep their starters in to rack up their points.
Spanky
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:34 pm

Ming01 wrote:wahpeton is best defensively because they score the highest and is close to being the top team who give up the fewest and also their good turnover ratio

Las time I checked how many points you score has nothing to do with defensive and this is about the best defensive team not offensive and defensive. Plus between wahpeton and west fargo it is very early in the season and wahpeton hasn't played anyone from the west. When you look at common opponents Wahpeton allowed 58 and 76 points to Fargo South and Grand Forks Red River, while West Fargo allowed 40 to Fargo South and 47 to Grand Forks Red River. Although Wahpeton forces more turnovers this seems to speak for itself.  At the end of the year when they have played basically the same competition West Fargo will be on top.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:35 pm

Number7 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:wahpeton is best defensively because they score the highest and is close to being the top team who give up the fewest and also their good turnover ratio

Las time I checked how many points you score has nothing to do with defensive and this is about the best defensive team not offensive and defensive. Plus between wahpeton and west fargo it is very early in the season and wahpeton hasn't played anyone from the west. When you look at common opponents Wahpeton allowed 58 and 76 points to Fargo South and Grand Forks Red River, while West Fargo allowed 40 to Fargo South and 47 to Grand Forks Red River. Although Wahpeton forces more turnovers this seems to speak for itself.  At the end of the year when they have played basically the same competition West Fargo will be on top.

It's called scoring defense if you've ever heard of it or know anything?  Defense has plenty to do with scoring.  I know it's hard to determine but I am sure that has to be taken into account with their high offensive ppg and good turnover ratio.
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Number7 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:47 am

So you still have nothing to say on the fact that west fargo has held common opponents to considerably less points than wahpeton? Plus wahpeton's stats are slightly skewed after a 96-58 win over a "quality" opponent in Sisseton
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys