WDA teams vs. EDC teams

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby squeak63 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:20 am

threeball wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:
nelly wrote:

The west has the best role players! Look at BHS for example, you got the best player in the state in Wilhelm, and along his side you got Martinez who can shoot out of his mind, and you got peterson who puts in a double double every night!

This is a good point, however, Wilhelm is not even the best player in the west...Kick has more point and boards and his team has a better record...and I believe Marcus Fridley is a better role player than Martinez, just My opinion though.

i agree with fridley being a better role player

you can argue that either is the better role player being that fridley runs the point for dickinson so therefor is an esential part of there team but martinez is a lights out shooter someone who a defender cant help off of which opens up lanes for people like wilhelm and peterson to drive and get easy buckets
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby klg_11 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:34 pm

ya i guess we did underestimate the east. shanley did have a 1 point lead over williston at one point. they lost by 25 but at half they were leading.

Boys 4-0  Girls 3-1

West-7 East-1
klg_11

Postby ndfootball » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:53 pm

I think it showed how much better the west is.  The west also has Mandan that i believe is the 5th best team in the state.
ndfootball

Postby O_Snap » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:35 pm

ndfootball wrote:I think it showed how much better the west is.  The west also has Mandan that i believe is the 5th best team in the state.

Yes very true.. But im not so sure I could rank the best teams from the west cause they can all beat each other on any giving night..... just whoever gets the final shot seems like in the west..
O_Snap

Postby GFRR99 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:49 am

ndfootball wrote:I think it showed how much better the west is.  The west also has Mandan that i believe is the 5th best team in the state.

First of all south is defintaly a top 5 team after they shouldve beat the number 1 team in the state but herrman got held at the end and there was no call. if they wouldve been playing any other west team, they wouldve won for sure. thats the only east team that can compete with the west.i wasnt very impressed with wilhem either, i dont know if he completed a pass, whenever he got the ball he did whatever he could to shoot it even when there was 3 guys on him. #30 did a good job coming off the bench and scoring 20 points with good defense. also mandan i dont think is anywhere close to being in the top 5. theyve lost to north and belcourt and other unquality teams. i think they wouldve lost to maybe all 4 of the east teams in the tournament 
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsfan1989 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:08 am

sportsman20 wrote:

First of all south is defintaly a top 5 team after they shouldve beat the number 1 team in the state but herrman got held at the end and there was no call. if they wouldve been playing any other west team, they wouldve won for sure. thats the only east team that can compete with the west.i wasnt very impressed with wilhem either, i dont know if he completed a pass, whenever he got the ball he did whatever he could to shoot it even when there was 3 guys on him. #30 did a good job coming off the bench and scoring 20 points with good defense. also mandan i dont think is anywhere close to being in the top 5. theyve lost to north and belcourt and other unquality teams. i think they wouldve lost to maybe all 4 of the east teams in the tournament 

Saying they would have beaten any west team isnt very true...Just because they could of lost to South doesnt mean they could beat any west team...Minot beat ur number one tem by like 17 points, so where does that get you? Bismarck wasn't playing there best ball...If minot or any other team would have played Bismarck last night they would have crushed them....
sportsfan1989

Postby UND#1 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:21 am

sportsman20 wrote:

First of all south is defintaly a top 5 team after they shouldve beat the number 1 team in the state but herrman got held at the end and there was no call. if they wouldve been playing any other west team, they wouldve won for sure. thats the only east team that can compete with the west.i wasnt very impressed with wilhem either, i dont know if he completed a pass, whenever he got the ball he firdid whatever he could to shoot it even when there was 3 guys on him. #30 did a good job coming off the bench and scoring 20 points with good defense. also mandan i dont think is anywhere close to being in the top 5. theyve lost to north and belcourt and other unquality teams. i think they wouldve lost to maybe all 4 of the east teams in the tournament 

First, Several teams lost to belcourt.  BHS lost to them and DL beat them by one on a last second shot.

Second, you must have not watched mandan play because when they are on they are the best team in the state. Williston lost to them twice and  I beleive they beat WF by 32
Last edited by UND#1 on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby klg_11 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:51 am

UND#1 wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:

First of all south is defintaly a top 5 team after they shouldve beat the number 1 team in the state but herrman got held at the end and there was no call. if they wouldve been playing any other west team, they wouldve won for sure. thats the only east team that can compete with the west.i wasnt very impressed with wilhem either, i dont know if he completed a pass, whenever he got the ball he firdid whatever he could to shoot it even when there was 3 guys on him. #30 did a good job coming off the bench and scoring 20 points with good defense. also mandan i dont think is anywhere close to being in the top 5. theyve lost to north and belcourt and other unquality teams. i think they wouldve lost to maybe all 4 of the east teams in the tournament 

First, Several teams lost to belcourt.  Williston and BHS lost to them and DL beat them by one on a last second shot.

Second, you must have not watched mandan play because when they are on they are the best team in the state.  I beleive they beat WF by 32

williston did not lose to belcourt, or do u mean williston lost to mandan.. a little unclear.
klg_11

Postby GFRR99 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:16 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:

Saying they would have beaten any west team isnt very true...Just because they could of lost to South doesnt mean they could beat any west team...Minot beat ur number one tem by like 17 points, so where does that get you? Bismarck wasn't playing there best ball...If minot or any other team would have played Bismarck last night they would have crushed them....

thats not true, the only reason minot beat dl so bad was cause they were having an off shooting night. both mertens couldnt hit a shot to save their lives and thats really unusual for them. i dont believe minot is very talented besides elgie. in the bismarck south game bismarck shouldve lost to south and everyone there knew it, herrman had a wide open layup but got held with no call. bismarck wouldve beat any other west team with ease last night no doubt about it.
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby biggie » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:38 pm

sportsman20 wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:

thats not true, the only reason minot beat dl so bad was cause they were having an off shooting night. both mertens couldnt hit a shot to save their lives and thats really unusual for them. i dont believe minot is very talented besides elgie. in the bismarck south game bismarck shouldve lost to south and everyone there knew it, herrman had a wide open layup but got held with no call. bismarck wouldve beat any other west team with ease last night no doubt about it.

Ever heard of Teddy Anderson?
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby smart source » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:10 pm

minot is the youngest team in the state (12 juniors 2 seniors) they are plenty talented and i guarentee that they will be preseason either #1 or #2 in the state...and would u quit making up excuses for why you guys lose to minot the first time was the refing this time its bcuz mertens didnt have a good game just admit they werent as good as minot
Last edited by smart source on Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smart source

Postby GFRR99 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:31 pm

smart source wrote:minot is the youngest team in the state (12 juniors 2 seniors) they are plenty talented and i guarentee that they will be preseason either #1 or #2 in the state...and would u quit making up excuses for why you guys lose to minot the first time was the refing this time its bcuz mertens didnt have a good game just admit they werent as good as minot

why dont you read what i said in my last post, haha that is exactly what i said in it. and how many of the juniors are good, 1 maybe 2. elgie and than i dont see much help
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby UND#1 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:29 pm

Minot was up by 30 for most of the game. I think that is a little more than a bad shooting night.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:33 pm

smart source wrote:minot is the youngest team in the state (12 juniors 2 seniors) they are plenty talented and i guarentee that they will be preseason either #1 or #2 in the state...and would u quit making up excuses for why you guys lose to minot the first time was the refing this time its bcuz mertens didnt have a good game just admit they werent as good as minot

Correction: the youngest team in the state is actually West Fargo (2 sophomores 11 juniors 2 seniors) with Gibson the only senior actually contributing.  Just making sure everyone has accurate information
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby smart source » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:29 pm

sportsman20 wrote:

why dont you read what i said in my last post, haha that is exactly what i said in it. and how many of the juniors are good, 1 maybe 2. elgie and than i dont see much help

haha i cant wait till next year when you look like an idiot elgie obviously a stud, hornecker will be the best guard in the west, tarasenko not to bad himself, campbell who really has played well for the last few weeks, pfau who is just a solid player...you must not know much about this team bcuz even anderson up until wda didnt do anything and martinson was average so those "average" so to speak juniors competed with the best in the state even though they are a year younger
smart source

Postby GFRR99 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:55 pm

smart source wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:

haha i cant wait till next year when you look like an idiot elgie obviously a stud, hornecker will be the best guard in the west, tarasenko not to bad himself, campbell who really has played well for the last few weeks, pfau who is just a solid player...you must not know much about this team bcuz even anderson up until wda didnt do anything and martinson was average so those "average" so to speak juniors competed with the best in the state even though they are a year younger

hornecker the best guard in the west? that is a joke. i dont think he even compares with century's guard evan kendall. also mandans steve pletan is better than him i believe.  if you compare him to any of the point guards of the east, he wouldnt make the top 5 or maybe even top 10. farkas, may, meterns, t.miller, and schreiner are all better than him by a good margin
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:58 pm

Number7 wrote:

Correction: the youngest team in the state is actually West Fargo (2 sophomores 11 juniors 2 seniors) with Gibson the only senior actually contributing.  Just making sure everyone has accurate information

another correction, north had 3 soph 10 junior 2 senior i believe. they mightve had 4 for the edc tournament but i am not sure.  just making sure everyone has accurate information
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby killer89 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:24 pm

sportsman20 wrote:
smart source wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:

hornecker the best guard in the west? that is a joke. i dont think he even compares with century's guard evan kendall. also mandans steve pletan is better than him i believe.  if you compare him to any of the point guards of the east, he wouldnt make the top 5 or maybe even top 10. farkas, may, meterns, t.miller, and schreiner are all better than him by a good margin

i think i have to go with hornecker being a better guard than pletan. he doesn't look to me that he will be that good of a player next year. pletan will have a lot to prove to me to be better than hornecker.
killer89

Postby smart source » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:09 am

sportsman20 wrote:
smart source wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:

ok lets compare some stats of the 3 then shall we since they are all juniors it should be a good indication of the better of the 3, these are also from the WDA website,  

Kendall-

assists- not in the top10                                                                                                

free throw percent- led the WDA at 85 percent                                                           

3 point percentage- he wasnt in the top 10,

3 point baskets made wasnt in the top 10,

steals- wasnt in the top 10

Pletan-

assists was 8th in the wda with 3.74,

free throw percent- wasnt in the top 10,

3 point percentage- wasnt in the top 10,

3 point baskets made- wasnt in the top 10,

steals- was tied for 10th at 1.74

Hornecker-

assists- was 5th with 4.05,

free throws- 5th in the WDA at 79.4 percent,

3 point percentage-10 in the WDA in 3 at 38.1 percent,

3 pointers made- 5th in WDA with 37,

steals- 6th with 2.00 per game

so you threw out 2 other guards that you think are better than hornecker but hornecker beats them in almost every statistical category but yet you think its a joke when i say hornecker will be the best how is that?

p.s. by the looks of these stats kendall is the guard that doesnt compare to hornecker, and hornecker stats compare very well to those other guards in the east except for mertens and hornecker is in the conferance that is far far superior to the other
Last edited by smart source on Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
smart source

Postby GFRR99 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:43 pm

smart source wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:
smart source wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:

ok lets compare some stats of the 3 then shall we since they are all juniors it should be a good indication of the better of the 3, these are also from the WDA website,  

Kendall-

assists- not in the top10                                                                                                

free throw percent- led the WDA at 85 percent                                                           

3 point percentage- he wasnt in the top 10,

3 point baskets made wasnt in the top 10,

steals- wasnt in the top 10

Pletan-

assists was 8th in the wda with 3.74,

free throw percent- wasnt in the top 10,

3 point percentage- wasnt in the top 10,

3 point baskets made- wasnt in the top 10,

steals- was tied for 10th at 1.74

Hornecker-

assists- was 5th with 4.05,

free throws- 5th in the WDA at 79.4 percent,

3 point percentage-10 in the WDA in 3 at 38.1 percent,

3 pointers made- 5th in WDA with 37,

steals- 6th with 2.00 per game

so you threw out 2 other guards that you think are better than hornecker but hornecker beats them in almost every statistical category but yet you think its a joke when i say hornecker will be the best how is that?

p.s. by the looks of these stats kendall is the guard that doesnt compare to hornecker, and hornecker stats compare very well to those other guards in the east except for mertens and hornecker is in the conferance that is far far superior to the other

ok he might be the best point guard in the west but not the best guard, im sure theres some shooting guards better than him. are you trying to say that he is as good as the east point guards i mentioned? cause there really is no comparison
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby smart source » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:53 pm

ill compare horneckers to the east guards except mertens because everyone knows mertens is much beter but heres how the others stack up

hornecker-

assists- 4.05 per game

ppg- not in top 10

3pointper- 38.1

3pointers- 37

steals- 2.00

free throw per- 79.4

may-

assists- 4.4

ppg- 17.8

3pointper- not in top 10

3pointers- not in top 10

steals- 2.18

free throw per- not in top 10

farkas-

assists- 4.4

ppg- 17.4

3pointper- not in top 10

3pointers- had 11 in 10 games, hornecker had 37 in 16 games

steals- 2.62

free throw- 76.9

miller-

assists- 2.9

ppg- 13.2

3pointper- 45.1

3pointers- 22 in 9 games

steals- 2.17

free throw per- 91.3

schreiner-

assists- not in top 10

ppg- ot in top 10

3pointper- not in top 10

3pointers- 16 in 9 games

steals- not in top 10

free throws- 80.0

hornecker stats are pretty close in most categories and he has better stats thatn them in some stuff so how does he not compare..not to mention he did this in the conferance with a much higher talent level and more difficult competition? you need to get ur facts strait bcuz hornecker is a heck of a point guard
Last edited by smart source on Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smart source

Postby ndfootball » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:29 pm

It is safe to say that hornecker will be the best point guard in the west, but he will not be the best in the state.
ndfootball

Postby UND#1 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:13 pm

ndfootball wrote:It is safe to say that hornecker will be the best point guard in the west, but he will not be the best in the state.

Hornecker is nothing special, but he has out played kendell every time they played this year and Platen is not a shooter.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby GFRR99 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:46 pm

smart source wrote:ill compare horneckers to the east guards except mertens because everyone knows mertens is much beter but heres how the others stack up

hornecker-

assists- 4.05 per game

ppg- not in top 10

3pointper- 38.1

3pointers- 37

steals- 2.00

free throw per- 79.4

may-

assists- 4.4

ppg- 17.8

3pointper- not in top 10

3pointers- not in top 10

steals- 2.18

free throw per- not in top 10

farkas-

assists- 4.4

ppg- 17.4

3pointper- not in top 10

3pointers- had 11 in 10 games, hornecker had 37 in 16 games

steals- 2.62

free throw- 76.9

miller-

assists- 2.9

ppg- 13.2

3pointper- 45.1

3pointers- 22 in 9 games

steals- 2.17

free throw per- 91.3

schreiner-

assists- not in top 10

ppg- ot in top 10

3pointper- not in top 10

3pointers- 16 in 9 games

steals- not in top 10

free throws- 80.0

hornecker stats are pretty close in most categories and he has better stats thatn them in some stuff so how does he not compare..not to mention he did this in the conferance with a much higher talent level and more difficult competition? you need to get ur facts strait bcuz hornecker is a heck of a point guard

ya the conference was alot better but not where the position he was playing at. there arent many good point guards in the west besides marcus fridely, so he usually has a easy matchup and should be able to take advantage of that. in the east its harder for the point guards to get good stats because they have to go against a another really good player during every game almost. put hornecker in the east and he would be a backup on almost every team and his stats would be cut in half with ease

I also just checked horneckers 3pt percentage and it is 35% not 38. i dont believe three pointers and three point percentages determine whether a point guard is good or not, you just put that on there to make hornecker look better than he really is.

Meiko Elias can be added to that list of east point guards better than him as well. that makes at least 6
Last edited by GFRR99 on Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby smart source » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:15 pm

sportsman20 do you by any chance have the players who made the all tourny team?
smart source

PreviousNext

Return to Boys