WDA predictions

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby threeball » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:43 pm

cdub1 wrote:
threeball wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
threeball wrote:
Chewy wrote:[user=414]da_man 23[/user] wrote:
Think before you talk...justin b from mandan hasnt signed anywhere and neither has kick...kick is definitly not goin to mary from what i hear

You are the only one who is saying he's "not" without giving the alternative.
So, I guess you should think before you talk.

If you are going to be somewhat credible, for what that is worth on a public forum, then state why he's not, instead of telling everyone else to be quiet.

Those are three really good athletes. If they all are going to Mary more power to them I guess. They are building a great program there under Pintar. Personally I think they would excel and be challenged because it's the toughest NCAA DIv II conference for men's basketball. Add them to Erdman and Sandvig and thats a REALLY nice ND lineup to go along with the kid from Steele who has committed, and Englehardt who is already shaping up to be a real good hard nose player. He's a GAMER.
Plus on the academic side of things, I would think they would like the small class size and personal attention from their professors.

So I guess I wouldn't dismiss the idea that Kick is going to Mary. And if he earns playing time he'll get it. Erdman and Sandvig are earning their time.

why would da_man have to state why justin isnt going to mary. the fact of the matter is: justin b is not signed with mary, so there for people shouldn't say he is going there unless he is actually signed

i am pretty sure he was talking about kick

doesnt matter its still the same thing. neither have signed to mary as far as ive heard

very different as you know belohlavek so u mite have some insight on where he is going to college while you dont know kick while da man could know kick and have insight on where he will go to college
well if da man knows kick and knows somethin bout where hes going that it would only support my point of kick not going to mary. notice that da man said kick is definantly not going to mary from what he hears.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:48 pm

why wouldn't those to go to mary do they want to play at minot or dickinson marys there best offer UND and NDSU both want them to walk on but i dont think they'd play there maybe at UND
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby threeball » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:50 pm

King James wrote:why wouldn't those to go to mary do they want to play at minot or dickinson marys there best offer UND and NDSU both want them to walk on but i dont think they'd play there maybe at UND

oh im not sayin theres anything wrong with mary, and maybe they will end up going there, i have no idea, but as of now neither has signed.
Last edited by threeball on Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:50 pm

King James wrote:why wouldn't those to go to mary do they want to play at minot or dickinson marys there best offer UND and NDSU both want them to walk on but i dont think they'd play there maybe at UND

not sure if mary is both of their best offers but i see pintar traveling to williston to watch belohlavek play so it looks like they are coming after him pretty hard

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:27 pm

and i know for a fact wilhelm wants to play with both j.b and kick... i dont know if its the same with those two....
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby O_Snap » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:58 pm

I know for a fact... I want them all go to go Mary so I have somthing to go and watch... Especially with high profile players like themselves.  It would be some good games to watch. I wonder what the starting lineup would be?(not like it matter)  Also I have heard that Pintar is trying to find atleast a 6'8"guy also....
O_Snap

Postby ndbb » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:47 pm

they wont all start. Erdmann, anyone heard of him? ND's Gatorade Player of the Year last year?
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikes_fan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:59 pm

ndbb wrote:they wont all start. Erdmann, anyone heard of him? ND's Gatorade Player of the Year last year?

ya i have heard of him and y couldnt they all start?
Last edited by vikes_fan on Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:42 am

why not have JB at the 2 wilhelm at the 3 kick at the 4 and erdmann at the 5 they'd be fast but not tall and a 3 point threat
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Chewy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:29 am

[user=1184]vikes_fan[/user] wrote:
ndbb wrote:they wont all start. Erdmann, anyone heard of him? ND's Gatorade Player of the Year last year?

ya i have heard of him and y couldnt they all start?

They may all start. But It doesn't matter who starts. In the NSIC conference you have to be 10 to 12 deep to compete. They will all play plenty of minutes each game. But they'll have to earn it. 40 minutes in college compared to 30 minutes in HS is a lot different so they will have to get in the weight room and work on strength and endurance.

Boy, would that be one helleva roster.

By the way. Erdmann and Sandvig are studs and fun to watch. I found some cool highlights of them on Mary's iTunes site. http://www.umary.edu
Chewy

Postby sportsfan4 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:09 am

it would only be 4 minutes longer a game, not a big difference in time, but you're right they would all definatley need to work on their strength
sportsfan4
NDPreps Reserve

Postby buddy1741 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:18 am

A little off the subject........What are your thoughts on Williston not being able to break the full court press??  Every game they go into the half leading by a lot and then their opponent adjusts and puts the full court press on and they catch up.  If you want to beat Williston you need defense, endurance, and quickness.
buddy1741
NDPreps Rookie

Postby biggie » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:53 am

buddy1741 wrote:A little off the subject........What are your thoughts on Williston not being able to break the full court press??  Every game they go into the half leading by a lot and then their opponent adjusts and puts the full court press on and they catch up.  If you want to beat Williston you need defense, endurance, and quickness.

Mhmm.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Kansasfan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:26 pm

If Belcourt steps up and plays good defense they have a good chance of makin it to state...Knife is tough all around, boswell is prolly one of the quickest guys out there, davis and houle can shoot the lights out if they get hott.. keplin has to step up and make some shots too and play good D
Kansasfan

Postby King James » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:54 pm

sportsfan4 wrote:it would only be 4 minutes longer a game, not a big difference in time, but you're right they would all definatley need to work on their strength

its a little more intense and faster pace its a bigger difference than they and they'll find that out
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsfan1989 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:45 pm

Kansasfan wrote:If Belcourt steps up and plays good defense they have a good chance of makin it to state...Knife is tough all around, boswell is prolly one of the quickest guys out there, davis and houle can shoot the lights out if they get hott.. keplin has to step up and make some shots too and play good D

yeah but look at the strong players other teams have

Dickinson-Tate-Jahner-Fridley

Williston-Brian Qvale-Brent Qvale-Jordan Schmitz-Goldade

Mandan-Justin B.-Maurer

Bismarck-Wilhelm-Martinez-

If anything it wont be talent by any means...If Belcourt makes it it will be 2 things.

1) They out run and press everything

2) Work as a team..no heroes just as a whole
sportsfan1989

Postby klg_11 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:28 am

so will belcourt go two and out or will they beat century tonight?
klg_11

Postby Number7 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:45 am

Belcourt will definately win this game 76-61
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby klg_11 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:19 pm

Nope belcourt went two and out score was 67-63  darn neutral court
klg_11

Postby squeak63 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:43 pm

i think the game tonight showed that bhs is the elite team in the wda tournament wilhelm only probably had 6 points in tonights game but the rest of the plays AKA BRANDON FESER!!! stepped it up tonight and that shows that when bismarcks best player is haveing an off night they can still beat the best teams in this region... unlike mandan has shown and kick really never has a bad night so idk about dickinson
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby cityleaguer » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:45 pm

sqeak63 wrote:i think the game tonight showed that bhs is the elite team in the wda tournament wilhelm only probably had 6 points in tonights game but the rest of the plays AKA BRANDON FESER!!! stepped it up tonight and that shows that when bismarcks best player is haveing an off night they can still beat the best teams in this region... unlike mandan has shown and kick really never has a bad night so idk about dickinson

well you could actually say that Kick hasn't had the greatest 2 games so far. Compared to last year when he set the WDA tournament scoring record with 88 in 3 games.  In the first game, Kick struggled but Andy Jahner chipped in 20 for the win, and against Minot, Tate had a quiet 23 but Taylor Bruhschwein scored 18 with 4 bombs.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:47 pm

my predictions for tomorrow: BHS over Dickinson (should be a battle), Minot over Century, Williston over Mandan
Last edited by Ming01 on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby squeak63 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:55 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:i think the game tonight showed that bhs is the elite team in the wda tournament wilhelm only probably had 6 points in tonights game but the rest of the plays AKA BRANDON FESER!!! stepped it up tonight and that shows that when bismarcks best player is haveing an off night they can still beat the best teams in this region... unlike mandan has shown and kick really never has a bad night so idk about dickinson

well you could actually say that Kick hasn't had the greatest 2 games so far. Compared to last year when he set the WDA tournament scoring record with 88 in 3 games.  In the first game, Kick struggled but Andy Jahner chipped in 20 for the win, and against Minot, Tate had a quiet 23 but Taylor Bruhschwein scored 18 with 4 bombs.
thats why this game is gonna be one of the best... because wilhelm and kick may have off games and thats gonna be exciting to see what teams role players step it up.. and if either of them has a good game it is gonna be awesome to watch them go back and fourth and to see what guy pulls out with the win... i got bismarck in OT maybe even double OT
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby whocares? » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:30 pm

does anyone think that century has a chance at making state? they lost by one i think to minot at minot earlier this year but a couple weeks ago they got beat by around 20.
if they could make state would they be the first team with 5 wins or under in the regular season to make state?
whocares?

Postby squeak63 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:40 pm

whocares? wrote:does anyone think that century has a chance at making state? they lost by one i think to minot at minot earlier this year but a couple weeks ago they got beat by around 20.
if they could make state would they be the first team with 5 wins or under in the regular season to make state?

minot is playing amazing basketball right now i dont think they have a chance i got minot by 20 + but u never know what can happen

squeak63
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys