WDA teams vs. EDC teams

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Wildcat » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:43 am

I also doubt that. Six out of nine teams in the West could hit fire and win the West Region championship. There won't be an East team in the state championship, I can see one maybe getting through to the semis.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsfan1989 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:09 pm

Wildcat wrote:I also doubt that. Six out of nine teams in the West could hit fire and win the West Region championship. There won't be an East team in the state championship, I can see one maybe getting through to the semis.

I don't think 6 of the teams could make it I would say more like 4..But then again maybe...But I don't think a East team will even make it to the semis I mean look how strong the top 4 teams are from the west...I can't see any EDC team beating Dickinson, Williston, Bismarck, Mandan
sportsfan1989

Postby member » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:35 pm

Second round of the state tournament will be almost identical to the second round of WDA. The only thing different will be the match ups of Dickinson Mandan Bismarck Williston. Jamestown really picked a bad year to come to the west they probably could of made state in the east.
NDPreps Starter

Postby DeuceTrey » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:40 pm

Wildcat wrote:I also doubt that. Six out of nine teams in the West could hit fire and win the West Region championship. There won't be an East team in the state championship, I can see one maybe getting through to the semis.

as could the top 7 seeds in the EDC. the east has very good basketball, and i cant understand how no one can see that. how many of you guys from the west have seen more than 2 or 3 games involving east teams this year, especially games late in the season. im willing to guess not many. so if you havent seen any games, how can you say they arent any good, let alone blindly compare them to any teams from the west.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cityleaguer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:43 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:

as could the top 7 seeds in the EDC. the east has very good basketball, and i cant understand how no one can see that. how many of you guys from the west have seen more than 2 or 3 games involving east teams this year, especially games late in the season. im willing to guess not many. so if you havent seen any games, how can you say they arent any good, let alone blindly compare them to any teams from the west.

Here's a good one....Tell "US" guys from the west just who exactly would even slow down let alone stop Brian and Brent Qvale? When you have that figured out, go ahead and respond. In fact I'll answer that question....NO ONE!!!! and Williston is the third seed!!!
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kgmvp8807 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:57 pm

member wrote:Second round of the state tournament will be almost identical to the second round of WDA. The only thing different will be the match ups of Dickinson Mandan Bismarck Williston. Jamestown really picked a bad year to come to the west they probably could of made state in the east.

i hope your team underestimates the east as much as you do. man this state tourney is gonna be awesome to watch.
kgmvp8807

Postby Number7 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:19 pm

kgmvp8807 wrote:
member wrote:Second round of the state tournament will be almost identical to the second round of WDA. The only thing different will be the match ups of Dickinson Mandan Bismarck Williston. Jamestown really picked a bad year to come to the west they probably could of made state in the east.

i hope your team underestimates the east as much as you do. man this state tourney is gonna be awesome to watch.

i hope every team in the west mirrors their fans thoughts cause if so, eyes will be opened in two weeks
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_SportsNut » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:30 pm

Thats just a stupidly ignorant statement. Jamestown lost to the worst in EDC and their only wins came against the 2 teams that didn't even make EDC or WDA. Thats no different than saying VC should make state.
ND_SportsNut

Postby buddy1741 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:21 am

Put the full court press on Williston and you have them beat, they are very weak in the guard department.  You need somebody to give them big guys the ball.
buddy1741
NDPreps Rookie

Postby biggie » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:42 am

buddy1741 wrote:Put the full court press on Williston and you have them beat, they are very weak in the guard department.  You need somebody to give them big guys the ball.

Didn't watch/listen to the Minot game did you?  They've figured it out. 
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby buddy1741 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:29 pm

They should have won by twenty didn't you see the score at half time. 25-11 the only reason they won is because they made pretty much all of their free throws take away that and you have them beat.  Williston should be dominating the whole state.
buddy1741
NDPreps Rookie

Postby biggie » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:36 pm

[user=2435]buddy1741[/user] wrote:
the only reason they won is because they made pretty much all of their free throws take away that and you have them beat.

What are you trying to say?  That makes no sense.  Thats like the people who said the only reason Williston beat Dickinson was because they made all of those 3 pointers.  Well so what, we made them, we won.  This arguement is absolutely retarded.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cityleaguer » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:46 pm

biggie wrote:
the only reason they won is because they made pretty much all of their free throws take away that and you have them beat.

What are you trying to say?  That makes no sense.  Thats like the people who said the only reason Williston beat Dickinson was because they made all of those 3 pointers.  Well so what, we made them, we won.  This arguement is absolutely retarded.

I agree...maybe not about the retarded part haha, but Williston's guards can be dangerous as several of the west team's have found out...If you check stats they have a couple of the best 3 pt shooters I believe.  And if they're not hitting, they can always rely on the big guys

cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby biggie » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:57 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
biggie wrote:

I agree...maybe not about the retarded part haha, but Williston's guards can be dangerous as several of the west team's have found out...If you check stats they have a couple of the best 3 pt shooters I believe.  And if they're not hitting, they can always rely on the big guys

The only retarded part is the "the only reason" statement.  That goes for the "if" statements that come up alot also.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsfan1989 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:04 pm

buddy1741 wrote:Put the full court press on Williston and you have them beat, they are very weak in the guard department.  You need somebody to give them big guys the ball.

See now why would you say something like that...Belcourts full court press...Have they beat Williston...And saying the guards are weak shows just plain lack of knowledge...Goldade shoots 70% from the 3 pointer...Not only him, williston has proved to be a good 3 point team and working those passes...
sportsfan1989

Postby Number7 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:08 pm

thats one thing teams in the east do possess very good team speed and may have a big advantage over the west teams, especially West Fargo and South, but also Devils Lake, have very affective presses and will jump at the opportunity to run n' gun up and down the court.  With West Fargo's Gibson and South's Solum, both are insanely fast and quick and could cause major problems to the west's guards
Last edited by Number7 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsfan1989 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:13 pm

Number7 wrote:thats one thing teams in the east do possess very good team speed and may have a big advantage over the west teams, especially West Fargo and South, but also Devils Lake, have very affective presses and will jump at the opportunity to run n' gun up and down the court.  With West Fargo's Gibson and South's Solum, both are insanely fast and quick and could cause major problems to the west's guards

Thats a first....I honestly don't think EDC has a chance..But see that's a good point because a big part of bball isnt superstars or 3 pointers..its speed...and if any EDC team does win it will be because of that...
sportsfan1989

Postby minotfan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:16 pm

which player are you for west fargo number7
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:31 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=991]minotfan[/user] wrote:
</span>

i'm pretty sure he is a part of the vaunted "ref crew", and much like me, longs to be able to play hoops as well as his buddies on the court. just a hunch:-)
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cityleaguer » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:03 pm

Number7 wrote:thats one thing teams in the east do possess very good team speed and may have a big advantage over the west teams, especially West Fargo and South, but also Devils Lake, have very affective presses and will jump at the opportunity to run n' gun up and down the court.  With West Fargo's Gibson and South's Solum, both are insanely fast and quick and could cause major problems to the west's guards

Well if you look closely at West teams, their guards are typical speedy pressing guards.  DHS likes to full court press and run and jump on the point guard, and their team is guard heavy with no true post.....and a side note, they have 3 guys on the team that set the state record in the 4x400 relay last year so I dont' think that speed is a problem for them haha!
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby #50mandan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:43 pm

[font=impact]GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/font]
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:16 am

shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=991]minotfan[/user] wrote:
</span>

i'm pretty sure he is a part of the vaunted "ref crew", and much like me, longs to be able to play hoops as well as his buddies on the court. just a hunch:-)

shs01240 is correct, I quit basketball after 8th grade and the only time I play basketball anymore is in a drive way or in church league, but I still know plenty about the game.  I am in the "ref crew", and if you guys want we can start a whole new topic just on my personal life and athletic history.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby nelly » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:31 am

The west has the best role players! Look at BHS for example, you got the best player in the state in Wilhelm, and along his side you got Martinez who can shoot out of his mind, and you got peterson who puts in a double double every night!
nelly
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cityleaguer » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:21 am

nelly wrote:

The west has the best role players! Look at BHS for example, you got the best player in the state in Wilhelm, and along his side you got Martinez who can shoot out of his mind, and you got peterson who puts in a double double every night!

This is a good point, however, Wilhelm is not even the best player in the west...Kick has more point and boards and his team has a better record...and I believe Marcus Fridley is a better role player than Martinez, just My opinion though.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby threeball » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:37 am

cityleaguer wrote:
nelly wrote:

This is a good point, however, Wilhelm is not even the best player in the west...Kick has more point and boards and his team has a better record...and I believe Marcus Fridley is a better role player than Martinez, just My opinion though.

i agree with fridley being a better role player
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys