sophomore standings

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby coyote#12 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:07 pm

Williston moved up Skadeland and Qvale as well.  Skad is a fast, 6-5 forward who has a nice shot.  Qvale is 6-7, 290 and can bang down low with anyone in the state.  With them Williston's Soph. team would not lose.
coyote#12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:20 pm

coyote#12 wrote:Williston moved up Skadeland and Qvale as well.  Skad is a fast, 6-5 forward who has a nice shot.  Qvale is 6-7, 290 and can bang down low with anyone in the state.  With them Williston's Soph. team would not lose.
with qvale willistons jv team wont lose

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MHSfan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:47 pm

coyote#12 wrote:minot isnt even in that race Mandan and Bismarck play at a way higher level than minot.           ......hahahaha

Just to let you now, Minot beat Bismarck by about 10 tonight with Pintar and Jacobson playing so FYI that puts Minot in a tie for second with Bismarck and with Mandan coming to Minot in a week or two anything could happen.  I don't know if you saw the sophmores play at Williston but that was the worst they have played all year so if you're basing your comments on that then you are mistaken my friend, they are a whole different team.
Last edited by MHSfan on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:49 pm

MHSfan wrote:
coyote#12 wrote:minot isnt even in that race Mandan and Bismarck play at a way higher level than minot.           ......hahahaha

Just to let you now, Minot beat Bismarck by about 10 tonight with Pintar and Jacobson playing so FYI that puts Minot in a tie for second with Bismarck and with Mandan coming to Minot in a week or two anything could happen.  I don't know if you saw the sophmores play at Williston but that was the worst they have played all year so if you're basing your comments on that then you are mistaken my friend, they are a whole different team.
minot isnt close to as good as bismarck or mandan cuz in the sophomore tournament bismarck can play thorton pintar and jacobson and mandan can play kielpinski thilmony kist and maurer

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 3sport » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:52 pm

that maurer kid is good too
3sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby uber pwnage » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:56 pm

3sport wrote:that maurer kid is good too
yeah he had a nasty block at the end of the varsity game tonight century @ mandan
uber pwnage

Postby MHSfan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:03 pm

He's talkin about the younger on I think
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 3sport » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:04 pm

MHSfan wrote:He's talkin about the younger on I think

yeap hes a sophmore and gets some varsity time
3sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby uber pwnage » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:04 pm

yeah jordan maurer
Last edited by uber pwnage on Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uber pwnage

Postby MHSfan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:07 pm

cdub1 wrote:
MHSfan wrote:

minot isnt close to as good as bismarck or mandan cuz in the sophomore tournament bismarck can play thorton pintar and jacobson and mandan can play kielpinski thilmony kist and maurer
I don't know about Thorton that would be pretty weak on Bismarcks part, he played a lot of minutes tonight in the varsity game. They also played Jacobson in the sophmore game and I wasn't impressed with his play either, he was out of control and all over the place with the ball. I'll give Kielpinski a little respect though, he is big and blocks shots pretty well but it seems as though he isn't very coordinated yet. Kist wasn't really a threat when they played them too.
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:09 pm

MHSfan wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
MHSfan wrote:

I don't know about Thorton that would be pretty weak on Bismarcks part, he played a lot of minutes tonight in the varsity game. They also played Jacobson in the sophmore game and I wasn't impressed with his play either, he was out of control and all over the place with the ball. I'll give Kielpinski a little respect though, he is big and blocks shots pretty well but it seems as though he isn't very coordinated yet. Kist wasn't really a threat when they played them too.

when minot sophomores played mandan kist had about 20 in the first half about 4 threes with one of them being and and one

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MHSfan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:10 pm

I'm not sayin this because of a Minot bias but I believe that the gap between the teams isn't as big as some people think.
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MHSfan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:11 pm

I don't think that he had twenty but then agian he could have been a silent player out there scoring.
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:12 pm

MHSfan wrote:I'm not sayin this because of a Minot bias but I believe that the gap between the teams isn't as big as some people think.

not as big as people think i agree last year minot was arguably the best team with their freshman
Last edited by cdub1 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bcourtbraves » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:14 pm

When i watched Minot and Mandan's sophmores i thought Minot was a better team. The lefty that played for Minot was tough.  Mandan has Kiplenski and Mauer but they usually save their halves for JV don't they?
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby threeball » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:15 pm

MHSfan wrote:I don't think that he had twenty but then agian he could have been a silent player out there scoring.

he had 18
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:15 pm

bcourtbraves wrote:When i watched Minot and Mandan's sophmores i thought Minot was a better team. The lefty that played for Minot was tough.  Mandan has Kiplenski and Mauer but they usually save their halves for JV don't they?

ya but if it is the sophomore tourney they wont have to worry about jv

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby threeball » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:18 pm

bcourtbraves wrote:When i watched Minot and Mandan's sophmores i thought Minot was a better team. The lefty that played for Minot was tough.  Mandan has Kiplenski and Mauer but they usually save their halves for JV don't they?

thilmony kist and kielpinski usually play 1 half soph and 2 halves jv

maurer hasnt been playin any soph for a while
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DL-in-DL » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:15 am

I saw DL play in the game against GFC in DL.  One player that really stood out to me was # 15 Michael Nelson. He had a solid all around performance.  He can take it to the hoop, play great D ,and shoot the three ball like no other. I expect to see great things in the future.
DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:08 am

bismarck high also had 3 of there starting 5 out of school 3 dayz this week with the flu... i am not trying to me excuses but that could have something to do with it...and once jacobson gets his confidence back he will be a very good player
Last edited by squeak63 on Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:45 pm

sqeak63 wrote:bismarck high also had 3 of there starting 5 out of school 3 dayz this week with the flu... i am not trying to me excuses but that could have something to do with it...and once jacobson gets his confidence back he will be a very good player

i kinda wish i would have seen this game i dont see how minot could beat bismarck it jus doesnt make sense to me anyone there know wut happened at the game?

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:06 am

bismarck high had no legs couldn't really get up and down the court... a bus ride when ur sick will do that to you..and they just plain old didn't come to play
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby MHSfan » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:27 pm

That might have helped a bit but Minot is shooting the ball very well right now and the inside posts are really starting to know each other and get in there and create havoc.  They were owning the glass against Bismarck.  They played Dickinson sophs on Saturday and won 86 - 42.  They were up 50 - 21 and halftime and shot close to 70 - 75% from the floor.  Granted that Dickinson isn't nearly the team that BHS is but it is easy to win games when you are shooting well.
Last edited by MHSfan on Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:08 pm

yeah minot did shoot well agains't bhs and did our rebound us by a lot. we just couldn't get anything goin and lost the game fair and square and thats it... the sophmore wda is really gonna be something to watch this yeah. there is three really good teams and the rest are bad but i think minot and bismarck will match up with each other and then the winner will play mandan... 2 very good games
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:19 pm

sqeak63 wrote:yeah minot did shoot well agains't bhs and did our rebound us by a lot. we just couldn't get anything goin and lost the game fair and square and thats it... the sophmore wda is really gonna be something to watch this yeah. there is three really good teams and the rest are bad but i think minot and bismarck will match up with each other and then the winner will play mandan... 2 very good games
on an interesting note i notice most of the games mandan wins are by under 10 points it will be interesting to see if they are possibly upset in the tournament by bismarck or minot

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys