MR BASKETBALL

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Is Gonna Win Mr. Basketball

Poll runs till Thu Jun 02, 2044 11:28 am

Brian Qvale
21%
Tate Kick
24%
Justin Belohlavek
36%
other
20%

Total votes : 152

Postby jordanpippen » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:04 pm

Qvale is not as good as everyone says he is
jordanpippen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby biggie » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:44 pm

jordanpippen wrote:Qvale is not as good as everyone says he is

Give a reason if you are going to say stuff like that.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby True Fan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:48 pm

biggie wrote:
jordanpippen wrote:Qvale is not as good as everyone says he is

Give a reason if you are going to say stuff like that.

I was at the WDA and at State and when I saw Quale play he was an animal.  There were times when he looked unstoppable. 
Last edited by True Fan on Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
True Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:00 pm

True Fan wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
nelly wrote:Hello All you people who thought qvale is a candidate is wrong. I knew Wilhelm deserved it. He deserves it more than any player in the state. Who cares if Behlolvek from Mandan had 51 in a game. Look at Willy. He lead his team through WDA and To the state championship which they shouldve won. O well. Willy has had a great season! Way to Go!!!

wut r u talkin about look at willy wut is there to look at he dint do nething spectacular like the other players i still think he is gonna have a hard time making first team all state just my opinion though

Just like Belohlavek doing nothing spectacular the last 8 games of the year, and his team once again falling after being ranked #1 for a period during the year.  That is why the BHS haters on this site have it out for Willy and BHS.  If JB does win Mr. Basketball at least Some of the Mandan Boys fans who live to rip BHS will finally have something to cheer about and maybe stop ripping on their cross-river rivals who have owned them forever.  By the way here are JBs stats over the last 8 games of the year. 

Individual

59 of 162 from the field over the last 8 games for 36%

Team

3 wins 5 losses over the last 8 games. 

So don't try to sell him as being spectacular when it counted most.  And being a Mr. Basketball candidate should make gain him 1st team all-state, but crazier things have happened.

i dont base mr basketball on 8 games i base it on the entire season and wilhelm did nothing more spectacular than belohlavek qvale kick mertens or elgie and being a candidate shouldnt gain him all state because juniors cant compete and im not a bhs hater u can go read some of my posts about other players on here besides wilhelm i just dont think wilhelm is as spectacular as the other class a players up for the award and mandan being owned forever by bismarck has nothing to do with this at all

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby True Fan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:29 pm

cdub1 wrote:
True Fan wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
nelly wrote:Hello All you people who thought qvale is a candidate is wrong. I knew Wilhelm deserved it. He deserves it more than any player in the state. Who cares if Behlolvek from Mandan had 51 in a game. Look at Willy. He lead his team through WDA and To the state championship which they shouldve won. O well. Willy has had a great season! Way to Go!!!

wut r u talkin about look at willy wut is there to look at he dint do nething spectacular like the other players i still think he is gonna have a hard time making first team all state just my opinion though

Just like Belohlavek doing nothing spectacular the last 8 games of the year, and his team once again falling after being ranked #1 for a period during the year.  That is why the BHS haters on this site have it out for Willy and BHS.  If JB does win Mr. Basketball at least Some of the Mandan Boys fans who live to rip BHS will finally have something to cheer about and maybe stop ripping on their cross-river rivals who have owned them forever.  By the way here are JBs stats over the last 8 games of the year. 

Individual

Team

So don't try to sell him as being spectacular when it counted most.  And being a Mr. Basketball candidate should make gain him 1st team all-state, but crazier things have happened.

i dont base mr basketball on 8 games i base it on the entire season and wilhelm did nothing more spectacular than belohlavek qvale kick mertens or elgie and being a candidate shouldnt gain him all state because juniors cant compete and im not a bhs hater u can go read some of my posts about other players on here besides wilhelm i just dont think wilhelm is as spectacular as the other class a players up for the award and mandan being owned forever by bismarck has nothing to do with this at all
Exactly, that is why Wilhelms low shooting percentag during the WDA and state shouldnt condemn him when it comes to Post Season awards.  You are entitled to your opinion, just like I am entitled to mine.  Agree to disagree.:cool:
True Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:43 pm

True Fan wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
True Fan wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

Individual

Team

Exactly, that is why Wilhelms low shooting percentag during the WDA and state shouldnt condemn him when it comes to Post Season awards.  You are entitled to your opinion, just like I am entitled to mine.  Agree to disagree.:cool:

i agree to disagree i jus dont think were arguin the same thing

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:15 am

i think bakkum might take it 24-9-8 they might just decide on a class B guy since there are to many worthy canidates in class A this year.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby flyguy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:25 am

That is a very good point Ditka. They may choose Bakkum due to his good numbers. But  I still think they will choose a Class A cantidate because of the high level of competition in Class A compared to Class B.
flyguy

Postby baller01 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:36 am

flyguy wrote:That is a very good point Ditka. They may choose Bakkum due to his good numbers. But  I still think they will choose a Class A cantidate because of the high level of competition in Class A compared to Class B.

So what is everyone's excuse going to be next year when he is doing the exact same thing against college guys playing for Mary?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsman » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:46 pm

Don't we find out who it will be tonite???
sportsman
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:40 pm

Wilhelm does more than just score he is one of the only players in the state who guards the best player on the other team every game... he kept belovahek moderately low scoring both games, he kept kick under control, he guarded qvale when senger was out, he shut down allard, he shut down elgie, knife, and down in wyoming he did a good job on the kid going to gonzaga
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:21 pm

A million bucks says it is a tall kid from Williston.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:25 pm

I'm going to take Kick
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Mustanghero » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:27 pm

Brian Qvale took it...big shocker
Find a sport you love, and you'll never practice a day in your career
Mustanghero
NDPreps Starter

Postby GFRR99 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:29 pm

i really did not see that happening
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:29 pm

All right everyone can send their money to the following address.

1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Wash. D.C.

:nana:
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby klg_11 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:30 pm

who won it?
klg_11

Postby coyotefan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:31 pm

congrats to qvale and i also want to add what a class act by willy for smiling and congradulating qvale and i also noticed take kick looked pretty stuff
coyotefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby *ndballa* » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:32 pm

klg_11 wrote:who won it?
unfortunately qvale did
*ndballa*
NDPreps Reserve

Postby *ndballa* » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:33 pm

coyotefan wrote:congrats to qvale and i also want to add what a class act by willy for smiling and congradulating qvale and i also noticed take kick looked pretty stuff

cuz willy knew he had no chance he was just showing up to show off his pretty little earings...really sized his ears down
*ndballa*
NDPreps Reserve

Postby klg_11 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:35 pm

*ndballa* wrote:
unfortunately qvale did

good deal he deserved it

he's goin D-1:alc::cool1::banana:
klg_11

Postby ndfan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:37 pm

A montana school
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby klg_11 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:38 pm

SCC wrote:
klg_11 wrote:
*ndballa* wrote:
unfortunately qvale did

good deal he deserved it

he's goin D-1:alc::cool1::banana:

What school?

University of Montana, DAA

your welcome
klg_11

Postby football33 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:40 pm

congrats to brian, looks like it wasnt just the williston bandwagon that thought qvale deserved it. best ALL AROUND player got the award he deserved. Good luck next year playin D-1 ball. wrestler..... looks like we had a pretty good argument, i bet you feel like an idiot.....and you should. congrats brian.
football33

Postby cdub1 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:31 pm

good job qvale

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys