EDC Tournament Postponed

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndsubball » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:57 am

EDC is postponed until Saturday Sunday and Monday with game times still the same
ndsubball

Postby bruins44 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:22 am

Number7 wrote:
shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1492]Number7[/user] wrote:
point/center wrote:I just heard that Fargo North was NOT in Grand Forks either.  I really don't know why any team within 2 hours would need to travel a day ahead. Doesnt make any sense at all. So I guess it's down to Shanley, WF and or South. Was told 3rd hand that WF hadnt left either.

and oh by the way, most school policy is if schoold is called off, like in Devils Lake, the can NOT have extra-curricular activities. Which is categorically good policy. no school, no play.

yea, that is a major point especially concerning Friday's games with possibility of multiple schools closing down for the day
</span>

All shanley players were in school today. Also, Shanley followed the lead of Fargo Public and called off all extracurricuar activities, including basketball practice.

west farog players were in-school but both boys and girls practiced

Fargo South boys and girls did practice Thursday afterschool... and they will practice today, Tournament will start Saturday at the same times they were supposed to be played on Thursday
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:33 am

not sure if it will have an affect cuase these kids are in high school and state is in Fargo, but what does everyone else think about the fact the EDC will receive two less days of rest before the state tourney? 
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby bruins44 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:52 am

Number7 wrote:not sure if it will have an affect cuase these kids are in high school and state is in Fargo, but what does everyone else think about the fact the EDC will receive two less days of rest before the state tourney? 

I think it might be an advantage,  unless you have someone that is hurt... HS kids are in shape so only having two days off is not an issue, and they will be game ready, you have to practice on your days off anyway, the only advantage I can see is that the WDA coaches can come to GF and scout every team without having to rely on a tape or phone call.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:56 am

bruins44 wrote:
Number7 wrote:not sure if it will have an affect cuase these kids are in high school and state is in Fargo, but what does everyone else think about the fact the EDC will receive two less days of rest before the state tourney? 

I think it might be an advantage,  unless you have someone that is hurt... HS kids are in shape so only having two days off is not an issue, and they will be game ready, you have to practice on your days off anyway, the only advantage I can see is that the WDA coaches can come to GF and scout every team without having to rely on a tape or phone call.

thats exactly what I was thinking of especially for a team like Minot since its not too far, thats an incredible opportunity and they can see multiple teams over two days
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby DeuceTrey » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:52 am

Number7 wrote:
bruins44 wrote:

thats exactly what I was thinking of especially for a team like Minot since its not too far, thats an incredible opportunity and they can see multiple teams over two days

but like you said, they are going to watch tape anyway, so whats the big deal. the game doesnt change if you watch it in person instead of on tape. i dont really see the big advantage here.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:19 am

Most coaches dont give a tape of the tournament games to other coaches, and the coaches that make the state tournament dont trade tapes!... so they have to call a coach not in the tournament and beg for a tape from the regular season... I know some coaches that refuse to give a tape to a WDA coach, conference loyalty I guess.

You get a much better feel, watching games in person, so its a big deal for them to be able to come to GF and watch..
Last edited by bruins44 on Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Carl08 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:09 pm

bruins44 wrote:
Number7 wrote:
shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1492]Number7[/user] wrote:
point/center wrote:I just heard that Fargo North was NOT in Grand Forks either.  I really don't know why any team within 2 hours would need to travel a day ahead. Doesnt make any sense at all. So I guess it's down to Shanley, WF and or South. Was told 3rd hand that WF hadnt left either.

and oh by the way, most school policy is if schoold is called off, like in Devils Lake, the can NOT have extra-curricular activities. Which is categorically good policy. no school, no play.

yea, that is a major point especially concerning Friday's games with possibility of multiple schools closing down for the day
</span>

All shanley players were in school today. Also, Shanley followed the lead of Fargo Public and called off all extracurricuar activities, including basketball practice.

west farog players were in-school but both boys and girls practiced

Fargo South boys and girls did practice Thursday afterschool... and they will practice today, Tournament will start Saturday at the same times they were supposed to be played on Thursday

I know shanley did not practice Thurs. because the Fargo Public Schools cancelled all extra-corricular activities.  They were a little upset but followed the guidlines that were put in place.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys