Best Student or Fan Cheer

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:35 pm

Ditka14 wrote:Please Ming enlighten us on your signs tonight after St. Marys proved they should go Class B? "The best team money can buy?" i thought mandan was poor and just trash, so if thats the case why doesn't century or a private school like St. marys dominate? Obviously we have the team no one in bismarck could buy.

06 K. Rogers

07 Finlee

08 Knife

i talked to shaunna directly and she said she isnt going to mandan

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby arsnl7 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:44 pm

I heard Lisa Leslie is coming to help out Amundson coach next year.  Must be another one of those recruiting things.
arsnl7

Postby Ming01 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:45 pm

Ditka14 wrote:Please Ming enlighten us on your signs tonight after St. Marys proved they should go Class B? "The best team money can buy?" i thought mandan was poor and just trash, so if thats the case why doesn't century or a private school like St. marys dominate? Obviously we have the team no one in bismarck could buy.

i didnt make that sign i made the other one
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:46 pm

Ming01 wrote:

which one wuz urs?

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:47 pm

cdub1 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:

which one wuz urs?

the 06, 07, 08 one, the one you just mentioned. only like a few ppl in our student section understood it because like no one at our school knows sports
Last edited by Ming01 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:53 pm

Ming01 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:

which one wuz urs?

the 06, 07, 08 one, the one you just mentioned. only like a few ppl in our student section understood it because like no one at our school knows sports

creative but also very mean since knife is playing on another team in the tournament

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby shs01240 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:57 pm

is it mean or clever for students to countdown from 5 with a buzzer sound at the end, while an opposing player is shooting free throws?
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:02 pm

shs01240 wrote:is it mean or clever for students to countdown from 5 with a buzzer sound at the end, while an opposing player is shooting free throws?

neither i would say its just a distraction i love when a crowd will go 5 4 3 2 1 with like 3 minutes left in a half or 15 in a shot clock and the kid shoots makes me laff errytime

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby shs01240 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:15 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=517]cdub1[/user] wrote:
shs01240 wrote:is it mean or clever for students to countdown from 5 with a buzzer sound at the end, while an opposing player is shooting free throws?

neither i would say its just a distraction i love when a crowd will go 5 4 3 2 1 with like 3 minutes left in a half or 15 in a shot clock and the kid shoots makes me laff errytime
</span>

so i shouldn't be feeling guilty?
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby arsnl7 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:17 pm

shs01240 wrote:[user=517]cdub1[/user] wrote:

so i shouldn't be feeling guilty?

haha you definately shouldn't feel guilty.  if the player isnt paying enough attention to the clock and they fall for it, they deserve it
arsnl7

Postby shs01240 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:19 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">no no no, we do it EVERYTIME they shoot a FREE-THROW. very efficient
Last edited by shs01240 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:19 pm

cdub1 wrote:

06 K. Rogers

07 Finlee

08 Knife

i talked to shaunna directly and she said she isnt going to mandan

It should have read 06 + 07 + 08 = 4 less than we scored.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby arsnl7 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:23 pm

shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">no no no, we do it EVERYTIME they shoot a FREE-THROW. very efficient

ohh my bad.  i think any way to distract a player while shooting a free throw is fair game.
arsnl7

Postby Number7 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:09 am

arsnl7 wrote:
shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">no no no, we do it EVERYTIME they shoot a FREE-THROW. very efficient

ohh my bad.  i think any way to distract a player while shooting a free throw is fair game.

i dont know if its that effective shs, but I personally think the "ref crew" does an excellent job of supporting or dissing each respective team what are your thoughts? you heard us twice this year
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am

at the beginining of the year it was the most effective because we would have over 100 students doing it, but as of late the administration has benn trying to stop us from doing it, so we've had to pick our spots. As far as the ref crew goes, i think you guys need more numbers. in religion class the other day we watched highlights of an SHS WF tournament game in 1998 (the jacobson, boschee era), in witch the game came down to a last second shot. at that game there were a TON of "refs" and they were all loud. i think you are only lacking numbers. other than that, pretty solid.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:28 am

shs01240 wrote:at the beginining of the year it was the most effective because we would have over 100 students doing it, but as of late the administration has benn trying to stop us from doing it, so we've had to pick our spots. As far as the ref crew goes, i think you guys need more numbers. in religion class the other day we watched highlights of an SHS WF tournament game in 1998 (the jacobson, boschee era), in witch the game came down to a last second shot. at that game there were a TON of "refs" and they were all loud. i think you are only lacking numbers. other than that, pretty solid.

oh yea I definately agree with you we have the 10-15 die hards and other people get into it but dont have a ref shirt or anything if we could get more numbers it would be nice, and that really not cool with your guys administration, cause I remember when we played there it looked like they were trying to crack down on alot of it   Unless its in terrible taste or swearing, I think the administration should let the students be.  Fnas know where the line is and not to cross it.  But at least you can stand up unlike wahpeton.  Their principal's make them sit during mos  of the game
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:30 am

cdub1 wrote:

ive seen it happen twice this year once to tescher and once to senger.... both banked 3th's from the top of the arc... beutiful!
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby whocares? » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:55 pm

[user=1492]Number7[/user] wrote:
Unless its in terrible taste or swearing, I think the administration should let the students be.  Fnas know where the line is and not to cross it.  But at least you can stand up unlike wahpeton.  Their principal's make them sit during mos  of the game
at century, we can't paint up any more or anything like that. we also have to basically cover up our whole bodies. we can't wear cut off shirts or anything like that. also, our principals won't let us do some cheers, like the one started vs bhs during the girls game. it kinda not cool
whocares?

Postby shs01240 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:42 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=2023]whocares?[/user] wrote:
[user=1492]Number7[/user] wrote:
Unless its in terrible taste or swearing, I think the administration should let the students be.  Fnas know where the line is and not to cross it.  But at least you can stand up unlike wahpeton.  Their principal's make them sit during mos  of the game
at century, we can't paint up any more or anything like that. we also have to basically cover up our whole bodies. we can't wear cut off shirts or anything like that. also, our principals won't let us do some cheers, like the one started vs bhs during the girls game. it kinda not cool

They all forget that they were kids once...
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:38 pm

whocares? wrote:[user=1492]Number7[/user] wrote:

No that one can be thanked to the bismarck "kargard krazies" with there girls coming to the games in mini skirts and sports bra's. Its a state wide thing now i believe not just a bis/man thing
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby whocares? » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:42 pm

Ditka14 wrote:

No that one can be thanked to the bismarck "kargard krazies" with there girls coming to the games in mini skirts and sports bra's. Its a state wide thing now i believe not just a bis/man thing

but it still seems like the bhs fans can do whatever. they also have guys coming in shorts so small and so tight that you can see everything. i dont know if many people at century would dress up since we have no students that really care about bball, but i still dont like the fact you can't paint up.
whocares?

Postby squeak63 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:44 am

whocares? wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:

but it still seems like the bhs fans can do whatever. they also have guys coming in shorts so small and so tight that you can see everything. i dont know if many people at century would dress up since we have no students that really care about bball, but i still dont like the fact you can't paint up.

bhs's fans wearing thos small shorts is accually a rebellion agains't not being able to paint up.. they are basically going out and telling administration that is ur not gonna let us paint up were gonna go out and make it worse then when we painted up.... and also the guys are all wearing spanex shorts underneath there shorty shorts so it doesn't make it all bad... if u ask me its not worse then guys wearing girl pants ( i dont know if thats just a thing at our school or not)
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby threeball » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:53 am

sqeak63 wrote:
whocares? wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:

bhs's fans wearing thos small shorts is accually a rebellion agains't not being able to paint up.. they are basically going out and telling administration that is ur not gonna let us paint up were gonna go out and make it worse then when we painted up.... and also the guys are all wearing spanex shorts underneath there shorty shorts so it doesn't make it all bad... if u ask me its not worse then guys wearing girl pants ( i dont know if thats just a thing at our school or not)

i think it makes the bhs kids that are wearin those trash shorts look like idiots
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:55 am

threeball wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:
whocares? wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:

i think it makes the bhs kids that are wearin those trash shorts look like idiots

and i doubt they care wut ur take on it is

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:19 am

cdub1 wrote:
threeball wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:
whocares? wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:

and i doubt they care wut ur take on it is

yeah if they cared they would have taken them off a long time ago.... and in my opinion the guy who holds up to boot for williston looks like an idiot... annyone know the story  behind that boot?
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys