school spirit

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ming01 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:53 pm

threeball wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
play_d_shoot3 wrote:Bismarck High's crowd is pretty good, Mandan's is loud, but everything I heard when i was there was all taunting and doing stupid stuff, it wasn't really cheering for their team just doing whatever they could to make fun of the other

all the mandan games i went to it seems like they should be way louder with the amount of students they have there.  At the Mdn-BHS game Mandan's student section was twice the size of Bismark's and it seemed like Bismarck was twice as loud.

ming where were you sitting at the game?

well granted I was sitting closer to the BHS section but still Mandan wasn't loud at all.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby threeball » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:55 pm

Ming01 wrote:
threeball wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
play_d_shoot3 wrote:Bismarck High's crowd is pretty good, Mandan's is loud, but everything I heard when i was there was all taunting and doing stupid stuff, it wasn't really cheering for their team just doing whatever they could to make fun of the other

all the mandan games i went to it seems like they should be way louder with the amount of students they have there.  At the Mdn-BHS game Mandan's student section was twice the size of Bismark's and it seemed like Bismarck was twice as loud.

ming where were you sitting at the game?

well granted I was sitting closer to the BHS section but still Mandan wasn't loud at all.
i think it might have had to do with where you were sitting. mandan has a very loud student section. but you might be right with this one.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:13 am

Dickinson has more than 10 kids cheering. They're usually all dressed up and they get pretty loud. However, I can't say as much for the other side of the gymnasium where the parents and the DHS people sit. I don't know if there are just more elderly up there, but it isn't near as loud as other schools' parents and alumni get.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Spoof_Team » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:34 am

Shanley has had a good-sized crowd at most of their games this year. They don't hardly ever stop yelling and making noise.
Last edited by Spoof_Team on Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoof_Team
NDPreps Starter

Postby 666 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:11 am

The thing is with DL's crowd is that if there is another sporting event going on in town that is where everyone goes and they dont have the numbers to have a big crowd for both games.

Postby bb12 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:08 am

Maybe you couldnt here the mandan section cuz all bismarck was yelling the whole game was "ballhog" True mandan could be alot louder and they do say some stupid taunting stuff but they're always yelling defense, or other positive cheers too.
bb12
NDPreps Rookie

Postby squeak63 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:10 pm

are implying that bismarck says nothing that is possitive...  i believe d-up is possitive and i dont see any negetive in just going OOOOOOOO and the cheers that the cheer leaders put on for bhs are just awesome... possitive and everyone in the student section gets into them !
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby bb12 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:34 pm

i never said anything about bismarck not being positive.....i think bhs has a great student section..they always have a good crowd and are always cheering.  All i was saying is that if you were at the mandan bismarck game and thought of cheering sections you would prolli remember them yelling ballhog cuz they were doing it all night.  that't all i meant...
bb12
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bb12 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:34 pm

Last edited by bb12 on Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bb12
NDPreps Rookie

Postby King James » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:48 am

bb12 wrote:i never said anything about bismarck not being positive.....i think bhs has a great student section..they always have a good crowd and are always cheering.  All i was saying is that if you were at the mandan bismarck game and thought of cheering sections you would prolli remember them yelling ballhog cuz they were doing it all night.  that't all i meant...

yelling ballhog worked i have to admit
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby YOUNGWONDER911 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:18 am

well, honestly... Dickinson High has the best school spirit. i know because. my cousin goes there.  and the whole junior and sophmore class was at WDA

. most of the seniors and most of the freshman

so struggle failure other schools
YOUNGWONDER911

Postby sportsfan1989 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:38 am

i thought it was weird how there were more Williston fans than Century fans at WDA...
sportsfan1989

Postby Fritoman » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:53 am

I agree, Williston had more kids this year than in the 2 years before. 

As far as school spirit goes, I think the parents section for Jamestown on Saturday afternoon should have all been thrown out of the building. If I was one of the players from that team, I would be embarrassed. They were way over the line of good taste, IMO. They were leading the game and they were STILL badgering the refs.
Last edited by Fritoman on Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fritoman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Gophers9 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:01 pm

Shanley is always loud and screaming. They have some pretty good cheers to as well.
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 666 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:04 pm

If you went to the STATE HOCKEY tourney DL got the spirit award becasue of the fans and i dont see it any different here at the EDC tourney they had at least twice as many fans as every other team besides shanley and DL's crowd was still larger...the only problem with them is they usually wait till the end of the game to start cheering.

Postby ghetto*revival » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:49 am

666 wrote:If you went to the STATE HOCKEY tourney DL got the spirit award becasue of the fans and i dont see it any different here at the EDC tourney they had at least twice as many fans as every other team besides shanley and DL's crowd was still larger...the only problem with them is they usually wait till the end of the game to start cheering.

before i bashed DL and now im a believer the whole friggin town comes and it really makes the games fun the shanley DL game there were more fans there than at any other game
ghetto*revival

Postby gonzaga » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:22 pm

I had the unfortunate job of sitting with the parents of the Shanley students and they hollered foul on every single play, EVERY SINGLE PLAY! I have been to more than 380 basketball games and have never seen more crying from adults in my life, I felt bad for their kids, yikes....
I love to watch other people run!!!!
gonzaga
NDPreps Reserve

Postby biggie » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:35 pm

gonzaga wrote:I had the unfortunate job of sitting with the parents of the Shanley students and they hollered foul on every single play, EVERY SINGLE PLAY! I have been to more than 380 basketball games and have never seen more crying from adults in my life, I felt bad for their kids, yikes....

The Jamestown parents were the same way at WDA against Dickinson.  They were winning and they still were yelling that stuff.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ghetto*revival » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:44 am

gonzaga wrote:I had the unfortunate job of sitting with the parents of the Shanley students and they hollered foul on every single play, EVERY SINGLE PLAY! I have been to more than 380 basketball games and have never seen more crying from adults in my life, I felt bad for their kids, yikes....

well u obviously didnt sit by the dickinson parents they were terrible they yelled at everthing i even heard on numerous acounts "tate pass the ball"  "why does tate kick always shoot" and then i was even privaledged on hearing "Expletive you tate kick you expletive idiot"
ghetto*revival

Postby O_Snap » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:32 am

ghetto*revival wrote:

well u obviously didnt sit by the dickinson parents they were terrible they yelled at everthing i even heard on numerous acounts "tate pass the ball"  "why does tate kick always shoot" and then i was even privaledged on hearing "Expletive you tate kick you expletive idiot"

I'm gonna go with:

A: That statement is not true.....

B: Parents are ridiculous...Kick is the star player...If that was said i'm gonna go with the parents are just jealous that there son is not the "star" on the team...
O_Snap

Postby Ming01 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:30 am

biggie wrote:

The Jamestown parents were the same way at WDA against Dickinson.  They were winning and they still were yelling that stuff.

yeah i sat in front of them, it was so ungodly annoying
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby football#1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:32 am

whats it matter DL got the spirit award once again
football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby minotfan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:25 pm

spirit awards are stupid anyway
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:30 am

minotfan wrote:spirit awards are stupid anyway
   Is this Mr Cruchet from Valley City bcuz that sounds like his motto. Ooops my bad its sports that are stupid, yet he is an A.D. Makes alot of sense.. I was at a b-ball game at the HAC in VC and the VC crowd actually started cheering bcuz they were WINNING a b-ball game. Then the old man had to snuff it out and actually had to talk to some of the kids sayin it wasn't good to do that. Sorry that school spirit isnt allowed in VC and it shows.:P
ndfootballwrestling

Postby *ndballa* » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:55 pm

sqeak63 wrote:are implying that bismarck says nothing that is possitive...  i believe d-up is possitive and i dont see any negetive in just going OOOOOOOO and the cheers that the cheer leaders put on for bhs are just awesome... possitive and everyone in the student section gets into them !

they even grow the horns too! i love how realistic they get
*ndballa*
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Boys