WDA teams vs. EDC teams

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby smart source » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:38 pm

Number7 wrote:first of all we are talking boys b-ball, second member no way minot would be the number 1 team in the EDC, and I partially agree with JR the east will definately compete with the west at state, West Fargo, South, D-Lake, and maybe even Shanley and Red River can win against the likes of Dickinson, Bismarck, Mandan, and Williston   You guys are asking him if he follows basketball, I know for a fact you dont follow EDC basketball cause your talking up the West like everyone else on this site

ok i dont really understand that statment...im asuming u are saying minot is not that good but then u go and say devils lake can beat dickinson bismarck mandan and wiliston but you do realize minot beat devils lake by 10 earlier this year right? the west as a whole is head and shoulders above the east this year
smart source

Postby member » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:56 pm

The is west is so good tha tone team from the west wont make  the state torunament that is better than all the east teams. And if you go by what so Belcourt fans think 2 teams wont make it that are better than all the east teams.
NDPreps Starter

Postby smart source » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:09 pm

im not following wat ur saying
smart source

Postby arsnl7 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:32 pm

haha that didnt make any sense at all.  try and re-word it and we might get it
arsnl7

Postby football#1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:32 pm

first of all DL went into overtime and had that game one..In overtime DL got royally screwed by refing..Fans of minot even told us that it was a very bad reffing game so dont go there if you didnt see it..you couldent evne touch algie.so dont talk if you dont know what u talkin bout

football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby smart source » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:37 pm

i was sitting in the front row at the game i saw it...the reffing was bad but the fact is that minot still beat dl by 10 and if the east teams were really that good and minot was really that bad the reffing shouldnt have mattered bcuz dl shoulda killed minot high
smart source

Postby kgmvp8807 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:39 pm

member wrote:The is west is so good tha tone team from the west wont make  the state torunament that is better than all the east teams. And if you go by what so Belcourt fans think 2 teams wont make it that are better than all the east teams.

please if ur just a stupid high school kid trying to tick everyone in the east off, stop. you're not really as funny as you think you are.
Last edited by kgmvp8807 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kgmvp8807

Postby Number7 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:51 pm

Jack wrote:The game was at Red River HS but so what.  C'mon why putting down Belcourt like that..."Couldn't even beat Belcourt--bigger stronger teams."  Turtle Mtn. Braves deserves some respect.  I remember when they never even won games at all for years.

going by the EDC website it says alerus, so i dont know
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby O_Snap » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:58 pm

Jack wrote:The game was at Red River HS but so what.  C'mon why putting down Belcourt like that..."Couldn't even beat Belcourt--bigger stronger teams."  Turtle Mtn. Braves deserves some respect.  I remember when they never even won games at all for years.

Pretty sure MrMeToo plays for Belcourt so he wouldnt put his own team down you just mis understood what he was saying...
O_Snap

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:06 pm

kgmvp8807 wrote:
member wrote:The is west is so good tha tone team from the west wont make  the state torunament that is better than all the east teams. And if you go by what so Belcourt fans think 2 teams wont make it that are better than all the east teams.

please if ur just a stupid high school kid trying to tick everyone in the east off, stop. you're not really as funny as you think you are.

it really isnt that funny he is arguably right look mandan bismarck williston minot and dickinson MIGHT be better than every team in the east

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby DeuceTrey » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:11 pm

cdub1 wrote:
kgmvp8807 wrote:

it really isnt that funny he is arguably right look mandan bismarck williston minot and dickinson MIGHT be better than every team in the east

they MIGHT, but it is highly doubtful that they are. the east is very competative and is very good this year. im not saying that an east team will take state, but it will not be a west sweep. im going to go out on a limb and say that one of your big dogs from the west will get upset and not make state this year. i dont know who, but i have a feeling it will happen.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:11 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
kgmvp8807 wrote:

they MIGHT, but it is highly doubtful that they are. the east is very competative and is very good this year. im not saying that an east team will take state, but it will not be a west sweep. im going to go out on a limb and say that one of your big dogs from the west will get upset and not make state this year. i dont know who, but i have a feeling it will happen.

NOPE belcourt century and jamestown two of these teams are bad and belcourt doesnt win away from home

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby kgmvp8807 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:13 pm

cdub1 wrote:
kgmvp8807 wrote:

or maybe south west fargo dl shanley and red river are better than every team in the west
Last edited by kgmvp8807 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kgmvp8807

Postby Number7 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:14 pm

I also dont hink one of the big four will make the state tourney, someone will go DOWN!
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:14 pm

kgmvp8807 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
kgmvp8807 wrote:

or maybe south west fargo dl shanley and red river are better than every team in the east

that made no sense at all

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby kgmvp8807 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:17 pm

cdub1 wrote:
kgmvp8807 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
kgmvp8807 wrote:

or maybe south west fargo dl shanley and red river are better than every team in the east

yeah meant to say west. my bad.
kgmvp8807

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:20 pm

kgmvp8807 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
kgmvp8807 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
kgmvp8807 wrote:

one way to look at it the west was number 1 all year west fargo got crushed by mandan who in most peoples opinion isnt the best team in the west south lost to century who in many peoples opinion wont compete for state i dont have much to say for shanley cuz i dont know much about them and red river lost to central so that leaves shanley whom i dont think would be top 5in the wda

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Number7 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:25 pm

cdub1 wrote:
kgmvp8807 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
kgmvp8807 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
kgmvp8807 wrote:

one way to look at it the west was number 1 all year west fargo got crushed by mandan who in most peoples opinion isnt the best team in the west south lost to century who in many peoples opinion wont compete for state i dont have much to say for shanley cuz i dont know much about them and red river lost to central so that leaves shanley whom i dont think would be top 5in the wda

I dont think anyone should base opinions on what will happen in state on the games early in the year, every team has gotten better and foundn what works for them
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:27 pm

Number7 wrote:I dont think anyone should base opinions on what will happen in state on the games early in the year, every team has gotten better and foundn what works for them

only way to do it because west and east teams havent played since then

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Mr. Me Too » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:27 pm

Number7 wrote:
Mr. Me Too wrote:
Number7 wrote:first of all we are talking boys b-ball, second member no way minot would be the number 1 team in the EDC, and I partially agree with JR the east will definately compete with the west at state, West Fargo, South, D-Lake, and maybe even Shanley and Red River can win against the likes of Dickinson, Bismarck, Mandan, and Williston   You guys are asking him if he follows basketball, I know for a fact you dont follow EDC basketball cause your talking up the West like everyone else on this site

they couldn't even beat belcourt in there own gym. . .how are they goin' to compete with the bigger stronger teams in the west like you mentioned

im pretty sure the game was at the alerus and that was the first game of the year, I dont think anyone should base their information off of those games, Red River has beaten some very good teams in the east and if they make it can pull of an upset against the west's top teams
No they played GF Central in the Alerus and MInot played Red River in the Alerus also. . .but yea it was at the beginning of the year, and they didn't really live up to there expectations as a number 2 team in state right away and losing to belcourt in there own gym. . .
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mr. Me Too » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:36 pm

O_Snap wrote:

Pretty sure MrMeToo plays for Belcourt so he wouldnt put his own team down you just mis understood what he was saying...

no im not puttin' down belcourt, im just sayin' belcourt isn't a top team in the west because it's so tough to win a game even at your home court. . .but what was previously stated about Red River being able to compete with the top tougher teams in the WDA is false because they lost to belcourt early in the season. . .but you really can't base some games by what goes on early in the season, but thats the only time east and west played each other
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:56 pm

I guess I don't understand why it is so difficult for the East to admit that the West is better.

I've heard 100 times that the East is competitive. Great, so are four mice in a bucket fighting for a piece of cheese. That doesn't make them men.

The East is competitive, but definitely a step below. I think Minot wouldn't dominate in the East, but they'd definitely be in the running for an East Region title. I think it would be close as with Belcourt being close as well. I think the top four teams in the West would run away with the East title.

I'm going to have to go check out the hockey forum, but I haven't seen anybody from the West denying the fact that the East is better. The East has swept the last three years at the hockey state tourney. The East is better at hockey.

To say a team like Fargo South (speculation) could give matchup problems to Mandan or another team and possibly beat them is fine, but to say the East is just as good as the West is garbage and everyone knows it.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsfan1989 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:13 am

Wildcat wrote:I guess I don't understand why it is so difficult for the East to admit that the West is better.

I've heard 100 times that the East is competitive. Great, so are four mice in a bucket fighting for a piece of cheese. That doesn't make them men.

The East is competitive, but definitely a step below. I think Minot wouldn't dominate in the East, but they'd definitely be in the running for an East Region title. I think it would be close as with Belcourt being close as well. I think the top four teams in the West would run away with the East title.

I'm going to have to go check out the hockey forum, but I haven't seen anybody from the West denying the fact that the East is better. The East has swept the last three years at the hockey state tourney. The East is better at hockey.

To say a team like Fargo South (speculation) could give matchup problems to Mandan or another team and possibly beat them is fine, but to say the East is just as good as the West is garbage and everyone knows it.
Haha lol four mice in a bucket
sportsfan1989

Postby Number7 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:53 am

Wildcat wrote:I guess I don't understand why it is so difficult for the East to admit that the West is better.

the west's top 4 are better than the east's top 4, but someone from the east will be in the state championship game, top to bottom the west is better but the east is more competitive, and the east is much closer to west in basketball than the west is to the east in hockey
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:05 am

Number7 wrote:the west's top 4 are better than the east's top 4, but [shadow=red]someone from the east will be in the state championship game[/shadow], top to bottom the west is better but the east is more competitive, and the east is much closer to west in basketball than the west is to the east in hockey

doubt that

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys