WDA predictions

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby kick9 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:00 am

belcourt though? alright then
kick9
NDPreps Rookie

Postby thankyou_sir41 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:44 am

yeah idk about belcourt or minot

williston might not make it, they got a tough road to make it to state and it seems like everyone has beat them at one time of the season so i dont think they are gonna end the season out strong
You will not Win cuz i will not Lose
thankyou_sir41
NDPreps Reserve

Postby creme de la creme » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:53 am

my predictions are dickinson wins first round, so does mandan, and bismarck and williston also record wins.
i saw 'em in eastbay kid
creme de la creme
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:12 pm

Ya well i'm pretty sure every team in WDA has lost to each other..It's evfen record wise in my eyes...you got to ook at whose got the talent .... Dickinson and Williston and alot of people would argue Mandan but I think Dickinson and Williston will step it up
sportsfan1989

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:12 pm

Ya well i'm pretty sure every team in WDA has lost to each other..It's evfen record wise in my eyes...you got to ook at whose got the talent .... Dickinson and Williston and alot of people would argue Mandan but I think Dickinson and Williston will step it up
sportsfan1989

Postby member » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:03 am

Belcourt no chance
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:03 am

Belcourt no chance
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDdominator » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:35 am

I wouldn't say they have no chance but an outside one if they get to play the right people I think they can beat minot and mandan but not williston, dickinson or BHSbut beating minot or mandan isn't an easy task for any team should be an interesting WDA tournament
NDdominator

Postby ndsbest44 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:01 am

The WDA is very strong this year, from top to bottom no team will have an easy game at the tournament
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby UND#1 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:12 am

member wrote:Belcourt no chance

Belcourt has beatten most of the good teams already this year, granted those wins were at home.  But I think if Knife gets hott they can nock off any team.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Chewy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:12 am

Any idea where the Mandan star is going to college?

Mandan always has a shot in the WDA when the games are played at the Civic Center.

Dickinson is the team with a traditionally bad track record at the WDA. That even goes back to the 80's.
Chewy

Postby O_Snap » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:30 am

Chewy wrote:Any idea where the Mandan star is going to college?

Mandan always has a shot in the WDA when the games are played at the Civic Center.

Dickinson is the team with a traditionally bad track record at the WDA. That even goes back to the 80's.

Whats the reasoning behind that???? I'm kind of confused on what you mean by that...
O_Snap

Postby Ming01 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:28 am

Dickinson over Jamestown
Mandan over Minot
Williston over Belcourt
BHS over Century

Minot over Jamestown
Century over Belcourt
Dickinson over Mandan
BHS over Williston

Williston over Minot
Mandan over Century
BHS over Dickinson
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:41 am

UND#1 wrote:

Belcourt has beatten most of the good teams already this year, granted those wins were at home.  But I think if Knife gets hott they can nock off any team.

Yeah if Knife gets hott, but if any one of the other teams' all-star player gets hot then Belcourt has no chance..There bench is just not deep enough
sportsfan1989

Postby King James » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:53 am

Theres going to be an upset the top 4 teams wont make it the best chance for an upset is the williston belcourt game i think and i think minot beats mandan elgie was unbeleviable last year in the tourney but they'll need someone else to step up as well
Last edited by King James on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:07 am

King James wrote:Theres going to be an upset the top 4 teams wont make it the best chance for an upset is the williston belcourt game i think and i think minot beats mandan elgie was unbeleviable last year in the tourney but they'll need someone else to step up as well

There is no chance of belcourt beatin williston in WDA but I would agree with the Minot-Mandan game...elgie was amazing last year and I just don't think Mandan can shut it down
sportsfan1989

Postby Mr. Me Too » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:05 am

O_Snap wrote:
Chewy wrote:Any idea where the Mandan star is going to college?

Whats the reasoning behind that???? I'm kind of confused on what you mean by that...

They don't seem to always play there best basketball when the WDA comes, is what im guessing he's sayin'. . .but this is a whole new year and i think Dickinson will make to the championship game
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballin_it » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:29 pm

UND#1 wrote:

yeah, their wins were at home which are always horribly reffed games. nuff said.
bballin_it
NDPreps Reserve

Postby King James » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:42 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:
King James wrote:Theres going to be an upset the top 4 teams wont make it the best chance for an upset is the williston belcourt game i think and i think minot beats mandan elgie was unbeleviable last year in the tourney but they'll need someone else to step up as well

There is no chance of belcourt beatin williston in WDA but I would agree with the Minot-Mandan game...elgie was amazing last year and I just don't think Mandan can shut it down

i dont know belcourt brings a diiferent style of play against williston.. belcourt likes to get out and go, leak guys out and williston likes to get into a half court set and jam it inside if belcourt speeds up the game to their tempo they have a shot
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:03 pm

King James wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:

i dont know belcourt brings a diiferent style of play against williston.. belcourt likes to get out and go, leak guys out and williston likes to get into a half court set and jam it inside if belcourt speeds up the game to their tempo they have a shot
i'm from Williston and I do agree with that alot....Belcourt is a very fast team I think that if they play there best basketball and willison plays the worse they have a chance
sportsfan1989

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:03 pm

King James wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:

i'm from Williston and I do agree with that alot....Belcourt is a very fast team I think that if they play there best basketball and willison plays the worse they have a chance
sportsfan1989

Postby ndbb » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:20 pm

Belcourt COULD prosper at WDA because the civic center has a bigger court, and they like running the court, so it could be to their benefit.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thankyou_sir41 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:26 pm

ndbb wrote:Belcourt COULD prosper at WDA because the civic center has a bigger court, and they like running the court, so it could be to their benefit.

they are good at the fast break but their defense will not hold anyone
You will not Win cuz i will not Lose
thankyou_sir41
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ming01 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:30 pm

Belcourt just has too many matchup problems with Williston.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby member » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:02 pm

NDdominator wrote:I wouldn't say they have no chance but an outside one if they get to play the right people I think they can beat minot and mandan but not williston, dickinson or BHSbut beating minot or mandan isn't an easy task for any team should be an interesting WDA tournament

How many quality wins does Belcourt have away from home. Belcourt cant beat any of the top 5 teams at the civic center except maybe Williston would be there best chance to get out and run them on the bigger floor.
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys