sophomore standings

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby DeuceTrey » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:53 pm

they have a very good freshman on the team, some big kids down low who are very physical, and their guards are fast and good ballhandlers. they also have some slashers on the team, along with a couple shooters. they are a very balanced team.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby zxqw11 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:59 pm

well who are there best 8 people
zxqw11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:20 pm

kid on the dickinson team joe emmerich really good player nice shot about 6 3 6 4 do everything player

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby zxqw11 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:56 pm

can anybody tell me 8-10 people that are good on there team
zxqw11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:58 pm

zxqw11 wrote:can anybody tell me 8-10 people that are good on there team
i dont think any sophomore team has that many good players or else they are gonna be on jv or varsity

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:31 am

They have Ben wolf the freshman, david gutschmidt, devean gathman, jake allery, josh colon, mike wahl, max desai who are all very good and then there is two sophmores that just play jv. elliot rongon and dan valdez they are they main sophmores and are all pretty talented there are some more good freshman playing frosh ball but there is so many good sophmores they didnt get moved up

balla
NDPreps Rookie

Postby chachi_j2007 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:58 am

I could honestly care less about sophmore standings.  Good sophmores play jv or varsity anyway.
chachi_j2007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:36 pm

chachi_j2007 wrote:I could honestly care less about sophmore standings.  Good sophmores play jv or varsity anyway.

Emmerich from Dickinson plays sophomore and he is really good.
Last edited by balla45 on Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby squeak63 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:39 pm

chachi_j2007 wrote:I could honestly care less about sophmore standings.  Good sophmores play jv or varsity anyway.

most varsity players (except the best on the team) play sophmore at some point so basically if you have a good sophmore team AND you have a couple of people playing up you are lookin good
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:40 pm

sqeak63 wrote:

most varsity players (except the best on the team) play sophmore at some point so basically if you have a good sophmore team AND you have a couple of people playing up you are lookin good
sounds like bismarck mandan and devils lake rite there

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:44 pm

exactly you cant build a team around 1 great player everyone knows that thats why how some sophmore teams are doing is a good thing to look at for how teams will be years to come
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfootball » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:25 pm

sqeak63 wrote:

Last year Minot moved Elgie, Hornecker, and Heitcamp up from soph level.  That means that there soph team last year had absolutly nothing to do with how good they will be in the future.
ndfootball

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:46 pm

ndfootball wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:

Last year Minot moved Elgie, Hornecker, and Heitcamp up from soph level.  That means that there soph team last year had absolutly nothing to do with how good they will be in the future.

really you just agreed with what he said then MOST varsity player (except the best on the team) they are the best on the team but i would venture to say the kids on the jv team now will be a big part of the team next year and they were prolly on sophomore teams the year before

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MHSfan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:56 pm

The Minot Sophmores should be a team to look for come the WDA tourney.  I think that they are in third in the standings with close losses to Mandan and BHS.  Playing St. Mary's tommorrow; whats the scoop on them?
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:00 pm

MHSfan wrote:The Minot Sophmores should be a team to look for come the WDA tourney.  I think that they are in third in the standings with close losses to Mandan and BHS.  Playing St. Mary's tommorrow; whats the scoop on them?

crosby and phillips and a quick 2 guard type dont know his name but he hits the mid range j

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:11 pm

MHSfan wrote:The Minot Sophmores should be a team to look for come the WDA tourney.  I think that they are in third in the standings with close losses to Mandan and BHS.  Playing St. Mary's tommorrow; whats the scoop on them?

their best soph. players are playing up but they have a few decent players still.  i think they're in the middle of the soph. standings
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:14 pm

Ming01 wrote:

their best soph. players are playing up but they have a few decent players still.  i think they're in the middle of the soph. standings

Which ones play up?  I didn't know any of the players on their jv team but Campbell and Heitcamp. Oh.  Are you talking about Saint Mary's?
Last edited by balla45 on Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:15 pm

balla45 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:

Which ones play up?  I didn't know any of the players on their jv team but Campbell and Heitcamp. Oh.  Are you talking about Saint Mary's?

yes i am
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:16 pm

Oh alright.
Last edited by balla45 on Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MHSfan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:13 am

cdub1 wrote:

crosby and phillips and a quick 2 guard type dont know his name but he hits the mid range j

I think that you are talking about Colton Bourquin, he's been shooting well lately and also Josh Nunez at PG is doing well.
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MHSfan » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:21 pm

Minot plays BHS on Thursday.  This should be a good game not to mention the varsity game that follows it.
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ben23 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:09 pm

I have not had the opportunity to watch alot of class "A" basketball this year but i have been to a few Wahpeton Huskie games and i thought Bryant Friskop from Wahpeton was a decent Sophmore not one that is going to lead his team this year but was a qaulity player off of the bench
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:11 pm

Ben23 wrote:I have not had the opportunity to watch alot of class "A" basketball this year but i have been to a few Wahpeton Huskie games and i thought Bryant Friskop from Wahpeton was a decent Sophmore not one that is going to lead his team this year but was a qaulity player off of the bench

any sophomore contributing on varsity has to be considered one of the better ones

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby coyote#12 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:47 pm

Willistons Soph. class has there best two players playing varsity(Qvale and Skadeland) if they moved them down Williston would be a threat to take it.
coyote#12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby coyote#12 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:02 pm

minot isnt even in that race.  Mandan and Bismarck play at a way higher level than minot.
coyote#12
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys