Loudest Student Section

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Loudest Student Section

Postby bballer4eva » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:45 pm

Loudest and most creative student sections
bballer4eva
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Loudest Student Section

Postby GFRR99 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:39 am

i dont know if there is a creative student section in the state..there isnt in the east but i guess i dont know about the west. north might be the loudest in the east this year or wahpeton. but usually south is the loudest..probably since they're doing so bad this year the crowd doesnt get into it very much
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby bball4life5 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:48 am

north hands down is the loudest. they are also creative but anythign they do is looked down upon by their principals. theres a fine line tho an i think they have found a few creative things
bball4life5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby clutch24 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:10 am

Not much in the west either. I would say the best i've seen this year is Mandan and Bismark High.
Williston's isn't to bad. Century's is horrible. Haven't seen a Minot game yet.
...The day you take it for granted, Is the day you begin to fall...
clutch24
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dagamav » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:13 am

GFRR99 wrote: usually south is the loudest..probably since they're doing so bad this year the crowd doesnt get into it very much

The few that actually go to games this year, are usually into it, yelling at the opponent and stuff. But yeah the student section has been small this year. Last year it was one of the largest and loudest each game, though.
Dagamav
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Plays4keeps » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:45 am

from what i have heard and seen the rr fans arent the top but the fan support is getting alot better for other sports besides hockey at red river, and the fans that do attend usually try to be as loud as possible
Plays4keeps
NDPreps Starter

Postby squatch » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:59 pm

Plays4keeps wrote:from what i have heard and seen the rr fans arent the top but the fan support is getting alot better for other sports besides hockey at red river, and the fans that do attend usually try to be as loud as possible

Yeah i heard there is this kid with a headband that is at all redriver games and i have seen him myself he is something, the loudest person and most supportive. from watching games it looks like he gets inside the players head there should be more fans like him
squatch
NDPreps Starter

Postby GFRR99 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:12 am

squatch wrote:
Plays4keeps wrote:from what i have heard and seen the rr fans arent the top but the fan support is getting alot better for other sports besides hockey at red river, and the fans that do attend usually try to be as loud as possible

Yeah i heard there is this kid with a headband that is at all redriver games and i have seen him myself he is something, the loudest person and most supportive. from watching games it looks like he gets inside the players head there should be more fans like him

so we have fans from red river's student section talking themselves up? interesting. and also extremely rediculous.
I bet that one crazy guy with the headband got in so many people's head and effected the game drastically!
(sarcasm)
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby nswa4life » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:24 am

GFRR99 wrote:
squatch wrote:

so we have fans from red river's student section talking themselves up? interesting. and also extremely rediculous.
I bet that one crazy guy with the headband got in so many people's head and effected the game drastically!
(sarcasm)

it kind of seems as if you are from red river too though
nswa4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Dagamav » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:58 am

nswa4life wrote:
GFRR99 wrote:
squatch wrote:

(sarcasm)

it kind of seems as if you are from red river too though

Why? Just because his name is GFRR99?
Dagamav
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Plays4keeps » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:11 am

well it is grand forks red river aka gfrr
Plays4keeps
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bummy09 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:17 pm

what about wahpeton, west fargo killed them at home when wahp didnt have their student section and moch had about thirty points, then at wahp he had about seven. wahp is undefeated at home and i would say that has somethin to do with it
Bummy09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:14 pm

Saint Mary's is both loud and actually creative. They have some of the most entertaining chants I have heard.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby bball4life5 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:26 pm

i attended the north vs wf game tonight. i was surprised to see the north student section outnumbered wf section at wf's own home game. norths section was extremely loud, that place was goin crazy. i think they proved they are the top student section in the EDC
bball4life5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Dawg245 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:13 am

bball4life5 wrote:i attended the north vs wf game tonight. i was surprised to see the north student section outnumbered wf section at wf's own home game. norths section was extremely loud, that place was goin crazy. i think they proved they are the top student section in the EDC

Must not have helped them that much being they lost.
Dawg245
NDPreps Starter

Postby Plays4keeps » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:12 am

Bummy09 wrote:what about wahpeton, west fargo killed them at home when wahp didnt have their student section and moch had about thirty points, then at wahp he had about seven. wahp is undefeated at home and i would say that has somethin to do with it

i agree with what i have heard that the atmosphere in whap is hard to play in with a good crowd and from what i have heard some questionable officiating, and has north played at whap yet ?
Plays4keeps
NDPreps Starter

Postby nswa4life » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:52 pm

Dawg245 wrote:
bball4life5 wrote:i attended the north vs wf game tonight. i was surprised to see the north student section outnumbered wf section at wf's own home game. norths section was extremely loud, that place was goin crazy. i think they proved they are the top student section in the EDC

Must not have helped them that much being they lost.

its about the loudest student section, not how well the players play
nswa4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pitbull1821 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:52 pm

north plays at wahp next thursday
pitbull1821
NDPreps Reserve

Postby some random person » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:26 am

nm this post
Last edited by some random person on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
some random person
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Plays4keeps » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:05 am

some random person wrote:south's student section can be very unforgiving, if the other teams fans are complaining you will hear it from the students mocking them, also if you make a bad play or say something to the other players, the south student section will get on you quick.

yeah but so do alot of fans everywhere else in the state
Plays4keeps
NDPreps Starter

Postby P4KNBD » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:09 am

some random person wrote:south's student section can be very unforgiving, if the other teams fans are complaining you will hear it from the students mocking them, also if you make a bad play or say something to the other players, the south student section will get on you quick.

yeah almost everyone high school student section in the state gets on the player or refs if they make a mistake
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby nswa4life » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:31 pm

i agree completely. At the end of the game i couldnt hear myself think when north almost tied the game between the two student sections.
nswa4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby aboeboe » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:17 pm

North's student section is only loud when the game is close. Whenever they get down or up by 10+, they shut up and don't do anything, even if it's in the first half of a game. The second time they played South, they were silent the whole game.
aboeboe
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Plays4keeps » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:22 am

aboeboe wrote:North's student section is only loud when the game is close. Whenever they get down or up by 10+, they shut up and don't do anything, even if it's in the first half of a game. The second time they played South, they were silent the whole game.

Sometimes the score board speaks for its self
Plays4keeps
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bummy09 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:11 pm

Plays4keeps wrote:
Bummy09 wrote:what about wahpeton, west fargo killed them at home when wahp didnt have their student section and moch had about thirty points, then at wahp he had about seven. wahp is undefeated at home and i would say that has somethin to do with it

i agree with what i have heard that the atmosphere in whap is hard to play in with a good crowd and from what i have heard some questionable officiating, and has north played at whap yet ?

usually the refs arent the greatest but it goes for both teams they dont lean in any teams direction
Bummy09
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Boys