WDA teams vs. EDC teams

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cdub1 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:51 pm

sportsman20 wrote:
smart source wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:
smart source wrote:minot is the youngest team in the state (12 juniors 2 seniors) they are plenty talented and i guarentee that they will be preseason either #1 or #2 in the state...and would u quit making up excuses for why you guys lose to minot the first time was the refing this time its bcuz mertens didnt have a good game just admit they werent as good as minot

why dont you read what i said in my last post, haha that is exactly what i said in it. and how many of the juniors are good, 1 maybe 2. elgie and than i dont see much help

haha i cant wait till next year when you look like an idiot elgie obviously a stud, hornecker will be the best guard in the west, tarasenko not to bad himself, campbell who really has played well for the last few weeks, pfau who is just a solid player...you must not know much about this team bcuz even anderson up until wda didnt do anything and martinson was average so those "average" so to speak juniors competed with the best in the state even though they are a year younger

hornecker the best guard in the west? that is a joke. i dont think he even compares with century's guard evan kendall. also mandans steve pletan is better than him i believe.  if you compare him to any of the point guards of the east, he wouldnt make the top 5 or maybe even top 10. farkas, may, meterns, t.miller, and schreiner are all better than him by a good margin

hornecker is so much better than kendall he is up there with every guard in the east not named mertens

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:53 pm

UND#1 wrote:
ndfootball wrote:It is safe to say that hornecker will be the best point guard in the west, but he will not be the best in the state.

Hornecker is nothing special, but he has out played kendell every time they played this year and Platen is not a shooter.

nothing special are you serious???

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby smart source » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:32 am

i agree cdub hornecker is as good as they get outside of mertens and mabey farkas
smart source

Postby Ming01 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:44 am

Even though West Fargo lost their first game, I was very impressed with Tanner Farkas.  Solid pg can do just about everything.  No doubt the best pg in the state for 2008.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby cityleaguer » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:14 am

Seems like the voters for Class A know what they're talking about as 4 of the top 5 teams finished at state the way they were ranked in the final regular season poll, with Mandan being the exception at #4. Funny how that worked out.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:32 am

smart source wrote:i agree cdub hornecker is as good as they get outside of mertens and mabey farkas

may? the only reason u think hornecker is so good is because your from minot and thats the only team you ever talk about. hornecker equals about a t. miller from whap.
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby smart source » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:36 am

no hornecker is just better than those players u named other than mertens and farkas its as simple as that...hornecker is an above average shooter, one of the best passers at the pg position and he is probably top 2 or 3 ballhandlers in the state
smart source

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:42 am

sportsman20 wrote:
smart source wrote:i agree cdub hornecker is as good as they get outside of mertens and mabey farkas

may? the only reason u think hornecker is so good is because your from minot and thats the only team you ever talk about. hornecker equals about a t. miller from whap.

im not from minot and i have watched everyone of these players play multiple times and i would say hornecker plays alot like may does he has elgie so he isnt his teams main scorer unlike may who has to put up points

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:44 am

smart source wrote:no hornecker is just better than those players u named other than mertens and farkas its as simple as that...hornecker is an above average shooter, one of the best passers at the pg position and he is probably top 2 or 3 ballhandlers in the state

you have obvioulsy never seen jordan may play. he will no doubtly be on the all state team, should be on 1st team but his team didnt make state so he will probably make 2nd team. this year if hornecker was in the east he wouldnt of even made honorable mention for all edc
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:46 am

sportsman20 wrote:
smart source wrote:no hornecker is just better than those players u named other than mertens and farkas its as simple as that...hornecker is an above average shooter, one of the best passers at the pg position and he is probably top 2 or 3 ballhandlers in the state

you have obvioulsy never seen jordan may play. he will no doubtly be on the all state team, should be on 1st team but his team didnt make state so he will probably make 2nd team. this year if hornecker was in the east he wouldnt of even made honorable mention for all edc

may is a very good player but NO WAY should he be on the first team i think jordan may is a great player and fun to watch but i think he got 18 and 4 let's see who is ahead of him then elgie 20 and 8 or so kick 20 and 10 qvale 20 and 10 wilhelm 20 and 9 belohlavek 26 5 and 4 mertens 23 8 5 in a regular season may is all state but not in the year of the amazing seniors

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:53 am

cdub1 wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:

may is a very good player but NO WAY should he be on the first team i think jordan may is a great player and fun to watch but i think he got 18 and 4 let's see who is ahead of him then elgie 20 and 8 or so kick 20 and 10 qvale 20 and 10 wilhelm 20 and 9 belohlavek 26 5 and 4 mertens 23 8 5 in a regular season may is all state but not in the year of the amazing seniors

yea thats true cdub, there are 4 allstar seniors.  but i dont know how you can say hornecker and may are just as good? ive seen both play numerous times and the talent level isnt even close. hornecker looks weak and doesnt seem to play good defense. ill admit he has a good shot but thats about where it all stops.
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:59 am

sportsman20 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:

yea thats true cdub, there are 4 allstar seniors.  but i dont know how you can say hornecker and may are just as good? ive seen both play numerous times and the talent level isnt even close. hornecker looks weak and doesnt seem to play good defense. ill admit he has a good shot but thats about where it all stops.

i actually wasnt thinking about may but i have played against may never against hornecker when i played against may a while ago he hit a pull-up three over me the first play so i will never have anything bad to say about may i never said hornecker was better either i said close may has better handles i think hornecker is a better pure shooter they are two of the quickest players in the state and defensively i think they are both good

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby smart source » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:01 pm

sportsman20 wrote:

i could just as well say that your from the east so you think that the east guards are so much better than they are..werent you also one of the people saying of how overrated and biased people were for saying the west would dominate the state tourny
smart source

Postby minotfan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:49 pm

The east teams were not very good this year.
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:51 pm

smart source wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:

i could just as well say that your from the east so you think that the east guards are so much better than they are..werent you also one of the people saying of how overrated and biased people were for saying the west would dominate the state tourny

nope, ive always thought the west was far better
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys