Which player is more important to their team?

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Which player is more important to their team?

Brian Qvale
9%
Tate Kick
8%
Justin Belohlavek
45%
Jordan Wilhelm
4%
Zac Elgie
3%
Shaun Knife
3%
Luke Heck
6%
BJ Mertens
11%
Jon Kramer
3%
Tanner Farkas
2%
Dan Bergerson
3%
Jordan May
1%

Total votes : 97

Postby sportsfan1989 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:51 pm

I dont't agree with qvale being the number one player needed ... i mean if you've watched any williston basketball you know that they have big players like brent qvale and jordan schmitz that can step up when brian qvale is getting tripled teamed
sportsfan1989

Postby biggie » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:19 pm

Williston is definately not a one man team.  I'd say Justin B is the most important to his team.  When he's having an off night, Mandan suffers.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby whos on first » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:45 pm

biggie wrote:Williston is definately not a one man team.  I'd say Justin B is the most important to his team.  When he's having an off night, Mandan suffers.

agreed, it sometimes seems as if mandan players are watching to see what justin does next - kind of like kobe when he dropped 81
whos on first

Postby UND#1 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:49 pm

Justin Belohavlek carries mandan on his back.  Willhelm is also a huge part of BHS gameplan.  Willhelm draws all the attention and makes everyone else better. 
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby smart source » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:01 am

you guys will probably call me dumb but im gonna say the most important player to these there team is not one of the players mentioned...im gonna say hornecker is the most important player for his team bcuz when he goes everyone else on the team goes yea elgie is gonna get his most of the time but hornecker make everyone better
smart source

Postby True Fan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:28 am

Good players make their teammates better players.
Last edited by True Fan on Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
True Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby True Fan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:32 am

cityleaguer wrote:it's funny to think this way, but is it really a bad thing to not be leading the votes, kind of shows how dependant a team is on that player, anyone agree?

Excellent point, also brings up the argument about good players making their teammates better.  If a team is so dependant on one player then that player may not be doing anything to help make his teammates better players.

True Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball30 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:40 pm

Thats probably because Mandan has so many people on here that talks them up like they are the greatest team in the country.....
baseball30

Postby cdub1 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:20 pm

baseball30 wrote:Thats probably because Mandan has so many people on here that talks them up like they are the greatest team in the country.....

what post are you referring to? Hornecker?

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bbq_chicken_fan83 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:41 pm

give my boy BJ a lil more lovin hes the heart and soul of that team
bbq_chicken_fan83

Postby Wildcat » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:23 am

I think Mandan's inside game with Hoff and Benz isn't that bad. Plus Maurer is an okay player.

As good as Hornecker is, I just don't know where Minot would get points without Elgie. He does so much for them. When he gets tired and stops touching the ball, they go in some bad droughts.

Luke Heck is probably the easiest choice, but I wanted to try something challenging. Jamestown without Heck would be really brutal.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsfan1989 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:11 am

Wildcat wrote:I think Mandan's inside game with Hoff and Benz isn't that bad. Plus Maurer is an okay player.

As good as Hornecker is, I just don't know where Minot would get points without Elgie. He does so much for them. When he gets tired and stops touching the ball, they go in some bad droughts.

Luke Heck is probably the easiest choice, but I wanted to try something challenging. Jamestown without Heck would be really brutal.

Maurer might by playsing as good as Hornecker but I think Hornecker is a better player..Hes got the three and really nice handles..I think WDA will be a time for him to come out and show people something
sportsfan1989

Postby ghetto*revival » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:20 am

if mertens or kramer werent on their teams DL and Whap would have no chance in any game
ghetto*revival

Postby point/center » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:28 am

ghetto*revival wrote:if mertens or kramer werent on their teams DL and Whap would have no chance in any game

but they are on their teams arent they
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby jemm2 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:55 am

666 wrote:personally i would have to say Luke Heck becuase jamestown has absolutly NO ONE ELSE and without him they WOULDNT win one game.

good job heck led them to 3 wins what a season:shock:
jemm2
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to Boys