DHS vs Mandan

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Mauer07 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:49 pm

DHS was down big and came back to win it by one. I was courtside and it was so sweet. Kick threw down about 2 or 3 dunks. He could of done a lot more but it looked like he injured his groin so he came out but went back in shortly. DHS was down by 1 and kick got followed with about 25 seconds left and missed them but DHS got a rebound called a timeout then Dhs threw the ball around and it finally made it to kick right under the basket and put it in with 2 seconds left. The whole gym was goin crazy!!
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby West Dakota » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:19 pm

WOW sounds like it was one heck of a game!

I should have been there..:(
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cityleaguer » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:41 pm

I don't know if this or the Dickinson @ Williston game was better. This game meant more, keeping the Midgets at #1 instead of 4 though.

Tate Kick played great tonight, with his usual layups and what not along with defense, had about 29 points and around 13 boards.  Marcus Fridley may have been the key to victory though, scoring 7 straight when the Midgets were down...really has proven to be a key number 2 option to Kick.

Maurer was very quiet, don't know if he even scored. Benz was tough during certain stretches but fouled out. Belohlavek put up his usual 20+ shots but was very off except a few spurts, think he had about 18.

Very impressed with the win including Kick with the winning bucket with :07 left and the charge he took with :01 left. Along with 2 break away dunks and one drop step dunk. Midgets are very deserving of the #1
Last edited by cityleaguer on Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby arsnl7 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:45 pm

Heck of a game played by both teams, it was so intense.  DHS definately had the home court advantage.  I don't think I have ever heard a gym that loud.  The charge at the last second was definately questionable, but the ref made his desicion and no matter how much it's talked about it won't change.  Credit to both teams for playing hard to the final horn and Good Luck in the WDA tourney.
arsnl7

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:12 am

What i don't understand is why didn't miller us his timeout when the brought it across half-court with 5 seconds left on the clock? Don't know much bout basketball, but it seemed to me you could have set a play and ran something more then just a hustle down the floor scramble and hope for a prayer
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby SportsAreLife » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:36 am

it didn't make much sense, they didn't even try and get belhovak the ball
SportsAreLife

Postby NIZZLer » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:52 am

Box Score Stats:

Belohlavek: 21 points (8/18 FG), 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals

Kick: 29 points (13/21 FG), 11 rebounds, 1 assist

*Only 3/5 of Dickinson's and Mandan's starters scored. And bench production was almost non-existant points wise; not a single double-digit scorer off either bench. Could be a problem come WDA/State tournament... If either Belohlavek or Kick has an off night, someone has to step up. Dickinson has Fridley, but Mandan doesn't really have that 2nd option (maybe Hoff/Benz?). Anyone else think bench depth is a problem for either team, or can most teams win w/ just one or two scorers?
Last edited by NIZZLer on Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
NIZZLer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby cityleaguer » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:48 pm

NIZZLer wrote:Box Score Stats:

Belohlavek: 21 points (8/18 FG), 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals

Kick: 29 points (13/21 FG), 11 rebounds, 1 assist

*Only 3/5 of Dickinson's and Mandan's starters scored. And bench production was almost non-existant points wise; not a single double-digit scorer off either bench. Could be a problem come WDA/State tournament... If either Belohlavek or Kick has an off night, someone has to step up. Dickinson has Fridley, but Mandan doesn't really have that 2nd option (maybe Hoff/Benz?). Anyone else think bench depth is a problem for either team, or can most teams win w/ just one or two scorers?

You're very right, I don't think either team can win relying on just their superstar...however, it was strange that neither team's role players stepped up.  Like I said though, Fridley scored 7 straight and 15 for the game to get DHS back in it but other than that, Jahner, Bruhschwein and Bauer couldn't throw it in the ocean. It was really a rarity to see no bench production from the Midgets, and I'm not as familiar with Mandan, but key players like Maurer (0 pts) need to also step up.
Last edited by cityleaguer on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys