New Site Help

New Site Help

Postby COACHWEST » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:09 pm

Not good with change and technology.........

Can this site be set up like the old one with the little triangle to click on to bring you right to were the last post you read was????
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Re: New Site Help

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:16 pm

Yeah, it will take some time to get used too.

The forums with new posts will have dark blue Icons.
The topics in those forums will have a little thing next to the topic title you can click on that will bring you to the new posts since you last logged on.
You can also use the view unanswered posts and view new posts options near the top, they will show you the topics you haven't read yet.

It will take some getting used too, but it's all there on this new board. By tomorrow we will all be experts.

Hope that helps.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:07 am

Is there anyway to put the "jump to" drop down menu at the top of the page as well. Sometimes its kind of a pain to scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen to go back to the individual topics pages. Also, why does the site slow down after I've been on it for 5 minutes or so? Works fine for a while, but then the full pages don't show up or pages expire, etc.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:16 am

Try using the Board Index controls, they are both at the top and bottom of the pages. Also there is a little symbol in the lower right hand of each of the posts that will jump you to the top of the page without scrolling. Those are the controls I use, they work pretty fast.

As for the site speed, I think there are still some minor glitches with the server, hopefully we get those resolved soon. This morning, I noticed some pages were timing out. But things seem to be working alright now, for the most part these pages will load much quicker than the old format. Just gotta work some bugs out yet.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:46 am

Has the site been down for periods of time over the last several days? There have been times when I cannot get to the site - I get the typical "page cannot be displayed" message. I'm just wondering if this is a problem on my end or on the server...
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:15 am

problem is on our end.
rep

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:15 pm

By adding this site it has put some stress on the servers and they are now in the process of upgrading them so everything should run smoothly. It seems to be running good today and I would bet that we will not see anymore downtime. (i hope) Thanks everyone for still keeping an eye on the site, hopefully we can get back to the business of discussing HS sports again.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:14 pm

I like how moderators and administrator's names are different colors...I strive to be red someday :D
project-pat

Return to Announcements, Feedback, and Suggestions