John Hoeven in the White House as Vice President?

All other topics other than sports related.

John Hoeven in the White House as Vice President?

Postby D-Pain » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:17 pm

There has been talk about ND Gov. John Hoeven as a potential running mate of Arizona Sen. John McCain! What does this mean to YOU and how would it affect ND. Please keep away from bashing other parties and/or people.
D-Pain
NDPreps Starter

Re: John Hoeven in the White House as Vice President?

Postby baseball18 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:06 pm

It's all talk. Hoeven will not be the VP in the end. Although I am a fan of his and voted for him, he will not end up being a top candidate for it. He is not as well known as some of the others such as Mitt Romney, Charlie Crist, Tim Pawlenty, and Joe Liebermann. But if he was selected I would feel honored and it would be cool to see someone from ND fill that spot, but I think it's going to come down to the first 3 I just mentioned. He needs someone that's going to help him in many areas, Hoeven would not help McCain win any key states. McCain is going to win ND anyways and someone like Romney would help with many states and Crist with hispanics and Florida.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:11 pm

is McCain even running anymore? not much of a campaign if ya ask me. never see him on the news doing anything but Obama is always in the papers and news for doing stuff.......
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:33 pm

scc wrote:Hoeven is a closet Democrat, so I don't know how McCain could ever consider him as a running mate.

isn't McCain a closet Dem?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:22 pm

baseball wrote:is McCain even running anymore? not much of a campaign if ya ask me. never see him on the news doing anything but Obama is always in the papers and news for doing stuff.......

McCain is doing "stuff" too, just that the media is in love with Obama. They cover him 3-1 as much as McCain.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball18 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:29 pm

baseball wrote:is McCain even running anymore? not much of a campaign if ya ask me. never see him on the news doing anything but Obama is always in the papers and news for doing stuff.......

It's called liberal media
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Philosiphizer » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:45 pm

Well with all of the focus on President Bush these last years, really no need to report on Mcain, same stuff, different guy. Obama is going to bring a wave of change not seen before in this country, in my opinion thats something to be interested about.
The Philosiphizer

Postby ndfan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:46 pm

The Philosiphizer wrote:Well with all of the focus on President Bush these last years, really no need to report on Mcain, same stuff, different guy. Obama is going to bring a wave of change not seen before in this country, in my opinion thats something to be interested about.

May I ask what change he is going to bring to this country? I keep hearing the word change but I never hear what he is gonna change. Can someone here please explain to me what it is he is gonna change? If these are the two best candidates this country can come up with, its really really sad in my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball18 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:48 pm

ndfan wrote:
The Philosiphizer wrote:Well with all of the focus on President Bush these last years, really no need to report on Mcain, same stuff, different guy. Obama is going to bring a wave of change not seen before in this country, in my opinion thats something to be interested about.

May I ask what change he is going to bring to this country? I keep hearing the word change but I never hear what he is gonna change. Can someone here please explain to me what it is he is gonna change? If these are the two best candidates this country can come up with, its really really sad in my opinion.

Thank you for this post ndfan! Philosophizer please tell me some of Obama's stances on some positions and issues? Please explain this change...

Obama's tax plan will not just tax the rich it will tax everybody. With him accepting the senate's new tax plan it will raise billions on taxes and with him wanting to raise just about every tax there is from social security to capital gains to the death tax, everybody's pockets will be hurting. Is that change you can believe in?

And I hate it when people say McCain is just another Bush, you obviously need to do some research on who they are, they may agree on a few position but they are different politicans with many different views. If you want to compare Bush and McCain I could just as easily compare Obama to Jimmy Carter.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby KyleJRM » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:31 am

"Obama's tax plan will not just tax the rich it will tax everybody. With him accepting the senate's new tax plan it will raise billions on taxes and with him wanting to raise just about every tax there is from social security to capital gains to the death tax, everybody's pockets will be hurting. Is that change you can believe in?"

That is a patently false statement.

McCain's plan cuts taxes for everyone.

Obama's plan cuts taxes for everyone below about $120k/year in income, and does it by more than McCain's plan does. He makes up the difference by a large tax increase on the highest income bracket.
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby AC-DC » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:01 pm

KyleJRM wrote:"Obama's tax plan will not just tax the rich it will tax everybody. With him accepting the senate's new tax plan it will raise billions on taxes and with him wanting to raise just about every tax there is from social security to capital gains to the death tax, everybody's pockets will be hurting. Is that change you can believe in?"

Obama's plan cuts taxes for everyone below about $120k/year in income, and does it by more than McCain's plan does. He makes up the difference by a large tax increase on the highest income bracket.

In other words, it's wealth redistribution by taxation? Is anyone else scared by this? The system will not be fixed by increasing anyone's taxes. Why not cut back on wastefull spending and decrease everyone's taxes?

Back to the topic, so much for Hoeven as VP.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball18 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:28 pm

KyleJRM wrote:"Obama's tax plan will not just tax the rich it will tax everybody. With him accepting the senate's new tax plan it will raise billions on taxes and with him wanting to raise just about every tax there is from social security to capital gains to the death tax, everybody's pockets will be hurting. Is that change you can believe in?"

That's what Obama wants you to think.. that is not true... he's not telling you everything

Obama wants to raise every tax pretty much... who's going to pay for it? US!... you cant cut taxes with raising them! it's not possible. 95% of the country will have their taxes raised under obama
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:49 am

Here's CNN's take on the difference with their tax plans.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/11/news/ec ... /index.htm
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby AC-DC » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:35 pm

NDSportsFan wrote:Here's CNN's take on the difference with their tax plans.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/11/news/ec ... /index.htm

Neither option is very rosie, is it? But, at least if everyone has more money, you stand a chance of stimulating the economy. Increasing taxes on those that can create jobs is not the answer.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories