best warmup songs

All other topics other than sports related.

Re: best warmup songs

Postby riders » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:47 am

champs0607 wrote:new noise- the riot (i think) sweet guitar solo at the beginning gets me jackd


new noise-refused
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:45 am

Re: best warmup songs

Postby thundercat 99 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:21 am

If you have seen the movie 'friday night lights', the scene where permian walks out to the Astrodome and 65,000 people are screaming, the beginning of New Noise is playing, and if you are into the move it will give you goosebumps
''You play to win the game!''
User avatar
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:31 pm
Location: North Dakota USA

Re: best warmup songs

Postby sports for life » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:08 pm

bodies and sinner both by drowning pool
hells bells-acdc
i always get pumped when they sing the national anthem before football games too...i don't know why tho but i do lol
sports for life
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:35 pm

Re: best warmup songs

Postby riders » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:20 am

down with the sickness, 10,000 fists--both by disturbed
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:45 am

Re: best warmup songs

Postby tellmeaboutit » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:04 am

All Fired Up - Pat Benetar

Now you know I'm an oldie!
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:01 pm

Re: best warmup songs

Postby asiantangy99 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:22 pm

hp fan wrote:Sorry to all you young bucks out there, but there is nothing better than warming up to a great Pep Band.

I have heard lots of lousy ones and thats no fun, But if you get a good one, there is no contest, I don;t even care what they are playing

yes if the band is good, alot of times it is better then music imo
User avatar
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:34 pm

Re: best warmup songs

Postby asiantangy99 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:26 pm

what about the old famous "Final Countdown" by Europe
User avatar
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:34 pm

Re: best warmup songs

Postby chevyman11 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:52 am

asiantangy99 wrote:what about the old famous "Final Countdown" by Europe


Two years ago I think I heard that at every Boys Game I was at. This last year I didn't hear it a single time.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:38 pm

Re: best warmup songs

Postby asiantangy99 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:22 pm

chevyman11 wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:what about the old famous "Final Countdown" by Europe


Two years ago I think I heard that at every Boys Game I was at. This last year I didn't hear it a single time.

ya if its not overused its great, but I still like to hear it every now and then
User avatar
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:34 pm

Re: best warmup songs

Postby baseball » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:34 pm

Throw it up by Lil Jon used to get me pretty ready to play...although it probably wouldnt be the best choice to play over the loud speakers haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: best warmup songs

Postby chevyman11 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:44 pm

asiantangy99 wrote:
chevyman11 wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:what about the old famous "Final Countdown" by Europe


Two years ago I think I heard that at every Boys Game I was at. This last year I didn't hear it a single time.

ya if its not overused its great, but I still like to hear it every now and then


I completely agree.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:38 pm

Re: best warmup songs

Postby asiantangy99 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:08 pm

remember the name by fort minor is definatly a good one
User avatar
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:34 pm

Re: best warmup songs

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:01 pm

asiantangy99 wrote:remember the name by fort minor is definatly a good one


Yea it is but I never hear it often at any games.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:38 pm

Re: best warmup songs

Postby asiantangy99 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:14 pm

chevyman11 wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:remember the name by fort minor is definatly a good one


Yea it is but I never hear it often at any games.

yea its kinda old idk maybe it got overplayed in certain places, but I guess alot of songs are old so that shouldnt be a reason why they dont play it much.
User avatar
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:34 pm

Re: best warmup songs

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:21 pm

Yea most of the good warm-up songs are old.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:38 pm

Re: best warmup songs

Postby Hondaman06 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:58 pm

project-pat wrote:send a good band to Bowman and I'll take that into consideration haha



Come up to Mott's armory some night, their pep band kicks
Hondaman06
 

Re: best warmup songs

Postby asiantangy99 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:49 pm

Hondaman06 wrote:
project-pat wrote:send a good band to Bowman and I'll take that into consideration haha



Come up to Mott's armory some night, their pep band kicks

yea one of the best pep bands around
User avatar
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:34 pm

Re: best warmup songs

Postby Hondaman06 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:26 pm

asiantangy99 wrote:
Hondaman06 wrote:
project-pat wrote:send a good band to Bowman and I'll take that into consideration haha



Come up to Mott's armory some night, their pep band kicks

yea one of the best pep bands around




Then when they bust out that drum thing for starting warmups, it gets insane, that totally pumps up the crowd
Hondaman06
 

Re: best warmup songs

Postby wildguy131 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:34 pm

Hondaman06 wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:
Hondaman06 wrote:
project-pat wrote:send a good band to Bowman and I'll take that into consideration haha



Come up to Mott's armory some night, their pep band kicks

yea one of the best pep bands around




Then when they bust out that drum thing for starting warmups, it gets insane, that totally pumps up the crowd

i totally agree they have the best pep band ive heard, and that drum part when the starters are anounced is awesome
wildguy131
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:06 pm

Re: best warmup songs

Postby wildguy131 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:37 pm

i think though that the best warmup song is enter sandman by metallica, it will get any team fired up
wildguy131
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:06 pm

Re: best warmup songs

Postby asiantangy99 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:09 pm

wildguy131 wrote:i think though that the best warmup song is enter sandman by metallica, it will get any team fired up

ya that one is a good one i guess ive never really heard it overplayed. I know they played it in Dickinson quite a bit for regionals but ya definatly good.
User avatar
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:34 pm

Re: best warmup songs

Postby demon_fan14 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:55 am

Thunderstruck-ACDC
demon_fan14
 

Re: best warmup songs

Postby nativegolfer » Sat May 17, 2008 10:43 am

Frogger_330 wrote:Bodies - drowning pool

Thats a good one frog. I'll take that one and Enter Sandman. Those 2 get me goin!
User avatar
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:12 am
Location: The Rez, ,

Re: best warmup songs

Postby iplod34 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:35 pm

asiantangy99 wrote:what about the old famous "Final Countdown" by Europe


i think that shud be saved just for state, i ALWAYS get goosebumps cuz it reminds me of warming up at state awhile back
A team will always appreciate a great individual if he's willing to sacrifice for the group. You can't win if you don't play as a unit.
-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
User avatar
iplod34
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: best warmup songs

Postby bballdude101 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:02 am

definately till i collapse by eminem
the game by motorhead is pretty sweet too
heck's bells by ac/dc the opening is amazing
welcome to the jungle by ac/dc
stronger by kanye west
for the love of the game by pillar
bballdude101
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:30 pm

PreviousNext

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests