Take on the letter from Heck

All other topics other than sports related.

Take on the letter from Heck

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:53 pm

I just saw that a Bismarck teacher got suspended without pay for showing a religiously based video. The bismarck Tribune has a link to the video. I found it moving but don't think it was a good idea for the classroom. At the same time how can you suspend a guy w/o pay going into the holidays?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Re: Take on the letter from Heck

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:19 am

moving?? how was it moving? it was a guy screaming because he was going to spend the rest of time in heck...yea thats moving. it was creepy i thought
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:23 am

did it make you think, did the hair on your arms stand up, do you think about your own religious beliefs (what ever they are). if so moving, if not, that is you.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:34 am

if the hair on my arms stood up it was probably because it may have been the creepiest thing i have ever seen. made me think about how twisted a person would have to be to actually make something like that...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:23 pm

Probably could of got a better video but if this was his first "controversy" i think he should have had a warning or something.

It wasn't "creepy" imo. It is very true and moving.
basketballer

Postby BBall dominator » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:40 am

I would lean more towards creepie than not. Good Idea in every sense and great message but could've found a better way to make a video to teach rather than a scare tactic which some churches do all to often. The teacher should've known it was going to get him in trouble. Probably at a Bottineau or Garrison i don't think it would've been a big deal at all.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories