NCAA Football 08

All other topics other than sports related.

Postby Ming01 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:16 pm

bisonslayer wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:
Mr. Knowitall wrote:[suP]Does anyone know if NDSU will be on the new game?  I was pretty disappointed when they did'nt have them on the 07' game.
[/suP]

Got it today and the Bison are not in it, which was a huge letdown for me.  All in all the game feels a lot like a repackage of 07, the new plays and auto motion are cool, recruiting is supposedly suped up, but it will take some time to see.

NDSU won't be in the game until they're full members of D-1A

NDSU wont be a member of D-1A, they are going to be in the Gateway Conference  which is a member of D-1AA.

yes they are, not for football obviously but they are going d-1a in every other sport.  you know what I meant by that, you're smart!
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby BBall dominator » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:18 pm

bisonslayer wrote:
project-pat wrote:I hate the madden franchise, i prefer a game of ncaa over madden any day. madden is a waste of money to me.

Waste of money!!! Crazy talk!! Must be some west river talk or something. lol jk. Buying madden is just an obligation, something you have to do as a fan of football. I like NCAA but overall its just waste of time, playing franchise mode just get old and boring, almost 2 easy. One play in florida's offense can get about 90 points a game on heisman, the hardest level. The new mode starting out as a high schooler is pretty cool though. Maddens alot more fun just because of the new rookies everyyear and the draft is pretty cool. Superstar is cool 2 by controlling just your player..k i am done lol..still contemplating whether buying NCAA 08, madden 08, halo 3, buying all 3 in 2 months, sounds like some bad grades about it.

I 100% agree whos playing madden on PS2.....the 360 is going to be a given next year step up man  pat haha ...... I don't see any game stepping up to where madden is
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Stromer » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:08 pm

Just to clarify, NDSU is going D1 in all sports.  However, for football they are going to play in the FCS, which is the new name for D1AA.  The game has D1AA teams on it ( or at least 07 did).  You can't play like the whole conference but I would assume after they complete their transition and become full members of D1, NDSU will be available to play with.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:30 pm

Stromer wrote:Just to clarify, NDSU is going D1 in all sports.  However, for football they are going to play in the FCS, which is the new name for D1AA.  The game has D1AA teams on it ( or at least 07 did).  You can't play like the whole conference but I would assume after they complete their transition and become full members of D1, NDSU will be available to play with.

yeah that's what I was trying to say earlier.

As for the FCS... these new names for d-1a and d-1aa are ridiculous.  they just confuse us even more now, it's just dumb.  As for me I'm sticking to 1A and 1AA
Last edited by Ming01 on Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby bisonslayer » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:52 pm

Ming01 wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:
Mr. Knowitall wrote:[suP]Does anyone know if NDSU will be on the new game?  I was pretty disappointed when they did'nt have them on the 07' game.
[/suP]

Got it today and the Bison are not in it, which was a huge letdown for me.  All in all the game feels a lot like a repackage of 07, the new plays and auto motion are cool, recruiting is supposedly suped up, but it will take some time to see.

NDSU wont be a member of D-1A, they are going to be in the Gateway Conference  which is a member of D-1AA.

yes they are, not for football obviously but they are going d-1a in every other sport.  you know what I meant by that, you're smart!

Thanks. I know that, good thing we have you to point that out though. I was just stating that NDSU will never be on the NCAA 08 game unless they add the subdivision. Go look on NCAA 08, there is ZERO D-1AA teams. When D-1A teams have D-1AA teams scheduled, rather then put the real D-1AA teams on there, they use 4 replacement teams. For example, D-1AA Southwest, yes its dumb.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonslayer » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:59 pm

Ming01 wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:
[/suP]

I dont need a lesson on if there D-1 obviously they are. If you look at topic its NCAA 08 and i was saying they wont be member of D-1A, i meant for football. So spare me the lesson on college divisions, because I kind of know what I am talking about. :)
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonman » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:01 pm

Ming sir, you just got wtfpwned.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:25 pm

no not really, but i thought they had the actual d-1aa teams so i was just assuming... i forgot they had just the southwest,east,central, etc on there... my bad.

also, i dont need a lesson on college divisions either, i know the gateway division is d-1aa i just thought they would be in the game after establishing their d-1a(1-aa) status.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Stromer » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:26 am

I have a question for people who have the game.  Are there really no IAA teams in the game?  Are schools such as Montana, Illinois St, and Richmond not on it?  Previously, if Iowa played Montana, they actually played Montana.  However, when Minnesota played NDSU, they used the IAA North team or whatever because NDSU is not on the game.  It would seem odd for a new version to suddenly stop having DIAA teams on it when they have been on in recent years.
Last edited by Stromer on Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbjay » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:46 am

So, can you create a team on the new version?  I hope so, that's always a pretty cool feature on the college game
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bisonslayer » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:11 am

its kind of dumb the d-1aa teams arent in the game. Cause then you could actually have frikin playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!! Rather then oo darn I am undefeated and didnt make the national championship, hate when that happens.
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:23 pm

Ive been playin it since it come out and finally got my Datel Transfer Kit to obtain Rosters! Great Game and has all the bells and whistles. The lone dissapointment of the 360 version is no create-a-team! I wanted to create a North Dakota team and build them into a Monster!

Does anyone else play with rosters?
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories