NCAA Football 08

All other topics other than sports related.

Postby Number7 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:06 am

Anyone else excited for the game?
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:35 am

would love to buy it...want to find out how good they think clausen will be for notre dame...love spending the second day of owning the game going through and putting names to all of the stud players...and unfortunately probably will never will buy it...stupid life responsibilities. 
rep

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:58 am

One of my friends puts the name of every player on his game.  Talk about dedication!
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:20 am

I think you can buy the rosters on a memory card for about $39, but that's not worth it at all
project-pat

Postby rep » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:28 am

naw...i usually just bought a college football preview magazine for like 6 bucks and grabbed names off that off that. it took time, but i enjoyed getting familiar with who is going to come out of nowhere to be a household name by december.
rep

Postby point/center » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:46 am

rep wrote:would love to buy it...want to find out how good they think clausen will be for notre dame...love spending the second day of owning the game going through and putting names to all of the stud players...and unfortunately probably will never will buy it...stupid life responsibilities.
I think..... in South Bend they spell Clausen as Pawlus....i think
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:48 am

NDSportsFan wrote: One of my friends puts the name of every player on his game.  Talk about dedication!

every player on every team or just every player on his team hah...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:49 am

every player on every team!   :bang:
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:01 pm

I do the rosters for my team and a few others, i don't go all out and do the whole flippin game, thats nuts

I missed the 1 year anniversary of "project pat" 4 days ago:sob: haha
Last edited by project-pat on Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:28 pm

[sup]Does anyone know if NDSU will be on the new game?  I was pretty disappointed when they did'nt have them on the 07' game.
[/sup]
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:14 pm

I just put in the names of the players that matter like QB RB WR LB
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:12 pm

Mr. Knowitall wrote:[suP]Does anyone know if NDSU will be on the new game?  I was pretty disappointed when they did'nt have them on the 07' game.
[/suP]

Got it today and the Bison are not in it, which was a huge letdown for me.  All in all the game feels a lot like a repackage of 07, the new plays and auto motion are cool, recruiting is supposedly suped up, but it will take some time to see.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:11 am

the gang tackling, motivation feature, and hit stick 2.0 are pretty cool   The best part is in legend mode you start as a player from a high school from your choice.  And about 20 North Dakota towns are in their.  Then you play in that state's high school playoffs and depending on your performance  scouts will come and your attributes will develop.   BEST FEATURE BY FAR WAS BEATING RUGBY, BOWMAN AND MANDAN TO WIN STATE!!!!  HAHA
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:53 pm

can you create a school like in the past or no?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby dukefan32 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:49 pm

Number7 wrote:the gang tackling, motivation feature, and hit stick 2.0 are pretty cool   The best part is in legend mode you start as a player from a high school from your choice.  And about 20 North Dakota towns are in their.  Then you play in that state's high school playoffs and depending on your performance  scouts will come and your attributes will develop.   BEST FEATURE BY FAR WAS BEATING RUGBY, BOWMAN AND MANDAN TO WIN STATE!!!!  HAHA

Do they have a major that you have to study for or is not on xbox 360?
Last edited by dukefan32 on Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:26 am

no im pretty sure its not on 360
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:18 pm

I picked up my copy for ps2 and I see no difference in it from last year to this year. I guess they like to put all their work in the 360 and ps3 versions and forget about us poor people haha, I still love the game though and am looking forward to NOT purchasing madden:D
project-pat

Postby DeuceTrey » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:54 pm

project-pat wrote:I picked up my copy for ps2 and I see no difference in it from last year to this year. I guess they like to put all their work in the 360 and ps3 versions and forget about us poor people haha, I still love the game though and am looking forward to NOT purchasing madden:D

why wouldnt you buy madden? and your right, this years version added 2 things, neither of which is worth it. i've played it twice since i picked it up the day it came out.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:05 pm

I hate the madden franchise, i prefer a game of ncaa over madden any day. madden is a waste of money to me.
project-pat

Postby bisonslayer » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:46 pm

project-pat wrote:I hate the madden franchise, i prefer a game of ncaa over madden any day. madden is a waste of money to me.

Waste of money!!! Crazy talk!! Must be some west river talk or something. lol jk. Buying madden is just an obligation, something you have to do as a fan of football. I like NCAA but overall its just waste of time, playing franchise mode just get old and boring, almost 2 easy. One play in florida's offense can get about 90 points a game on heisman, the hardest level. The new mode starting out as a high schooler is pretty cool though. Maddens alot more fun just because of the new rookies everyyear and the draft is pretty cool. Superstar is cool 2 by controlling just your player..k i am done lol..still contemplating whether buying NCAA 08, madden 08, halo 3, buying all 3 in 2 months, sounds like some bad grades about it.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:44 pm

ND_Coach wrote:
Mr. Knowitall wrote:[suP]Does anyone know if NDSU will be on the new game?  I was pretty disappointed when they did'nt have them on the 07' game.
[/suP]

Got it today and the Bison are not in it, which was a huge letdown for me.  All in all the game feels a lot like a repackage of 07, the new plays and auto motion are cool, recruiting is supposedly suped up, but it will take some time to see.

NDSU won't be in the game until they're full members of D-1A
Last edited by Ming01 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:53 pm

I thought it was next year when they are off their probation
project-pat

Postby bisonslayer » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:23 pm

project-pat wrote:I thought it was next year when they are off their probation

For Basketball they will be eligible for D-1.  In football they are D-1 double AA or the subdivision. They will NEVER be on NCAA football games unless they add the subdivision. So for now just haveta play NCAA 2K basketball games.
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:26 pm

bisonslayer wrote:
project-pat wrote:I thought it was next year when they are off their probation

For Basketball they will be eligible for D-1.  In football they are D-1 double AA or the subdivision. They will NEVER be on NCAA football games unless they add the subdivision. So for now just haveta play NCAA 2K basketball games.

yea i got college hoops 2k7 and they are on there so its not a transition deal...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bisonslayer » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:27 pm

Ming01 wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:
[/suP]

NDSU won't be in the game until they're full members of D-1A

NDSU wont be a member of D-1A, they are going to be in the Gateway Conference  which is a member of D-1AA.
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories