New Immigration Bill

All other topics other than sports related.

Postby Ming01 » Fri May 18, 2007 7:47 pm

with all of our illegal immigration problems, this won't solve anything... it's going to ruin our country.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat May 19, 2007 9:52 am

Interesting topic.   What is wrong with the bill?  I've went over it briefly and obviously there are some points to be debated, but I'd be interested in hearing why it's going to ruin our country and whether or not it's better than our current system of doing nothing. 
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BBall dominator » Sat May 19, 2007 3:38 pm

I think that illegal immigrants should be taken back to there own country why should we reward their being here illegally I really no alternative other than look at all the businesses that would hire illegals but hey thats just more work americans don't want to do
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Sat May 19, 2007 6:34 pm

NDSportsFan wrote: Interesting topic.   What is wrong with the bill?  I've went over it briefly and obviously there are some points to be debated, but I'd be interested in hearing why it's going to ruin our country and whether or not it's better than our current system of doing nothing. 

It means that the liberals are getting their ways. It really will do nothing but hurt our economy and the diversity of our country. It's absurd, and what's so horrible about it is that they are making the American public believe that they are doing something about the immigration problem. What is the problem again? People come here to work for a little more than nothing, buy our products, pay taxes that they don't ever see social security or benefits from, and it's deemed as a problem.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sat May 19, 2007 7:08 pm

What really irks me about the Illegal immigrants coming to this country is how much it cost us tax payers just for there free health care they get in this country. How the heck does that work, we have hard working people in this country who have no health care, but ones that just walk across a border get it for free. What a joke.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sat May 19, 2007 7:31 pm

ndfan wrote:What really irks me about the Illegal immigrants coming to this country is how much it cost us tax payers just for there free health care they get in this country. How the heck does that work, we have hard working people in this country who have no health care, but ones that just walk across a border get it for free. What a joke.

i agree
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat May 19, 2007 11:37 pm

BBall dominator wrote:I think that illegal immigrants should be taken back to there own country why should we reward their being here illegally I really no alternative other than look at all the businesses that would hire illegals but hey thats just more work americans don't want to do

You are right, most of the immigrants and illegals work the worst jobs, and the low paying jobs.  Back in the 80's, my brother-in-law supervised a landscaping crew of Mexican illegals for a white guy, and he said they would all day in the hot sun and never complain about it and the didn't make much money.  He was born and raised in California and he contends that almost all of the jobs they do are like that, and would never be done by even the poorest of white people.

I don't think the immigration bill is perfect, of course, but I do believe it's better than doing nothing, which is kinda what we are doing now.  I would guess that most of you opposed to it would have a problem with the amnesty part of the bill which would grant citizenship to about 11 million illegals already in the US who are non-felons and have been here for more than 5 years, and have been employed for at least 3 of them.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sun May 20, 2007 8:02 am

NDSportsFan wrote: 
BBall dominator wrote:I think that illegal immigrants should be taken back to there own country why should we reward their being here illegally I really no alternative other than look at all the businesses that would hire illegals but hey thats just more work americans don't want to do

You are right, most of the immigrants and illegals work the worst jobs, and the low paying jobs.  Back in the 80's, my brother-in-law supervised a landscaping crew of Mexican illegals for a white guy, and he said they would all day in the hot sun and never complain about it and the didn't make much money.  He was born and raised in California and he contends that almost all of the jobs they do are like that, and would never be done by even the poorest of white people.

I don't think the immigration bill is perfect, of course, but I do believe it's better than doing nothing, which is kinda what we are doing now.  I would guess that most of you opposed to it would have a problem with the amnesty part of the bill which would grant citizenship to about 11 million illegals already in the US who are non-felons and have been here for more than 5 years, and have been employed for at least 3 of them.

They don't complain because they do not want to be turned into the authorities.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun May 20, 2007 9:55 am

That is partly true, and they are also content with being able to send a small part of their meager earnings back to their families, which is usually the custom in poorer countries.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories