JFK assasination

All other topics other than sports related.

Was JFK assasinated by Lee Harvey Oswald himself or by conspiracy?

Oswald alone
16%
Conspiracy
84%

Total votes : 19

Postby baller01 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:27 pm

Was John F. Kennedy assasinated by conspiracy or, like the Warren Commission says, by Lee Harvey Oswald and no one else?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Strike3? » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:59 pm

baller01 wrote:Was John F. Kennedy assasinated by conspiracy or, like the Warren Commission says, by Lee Harvey Oswald and no one else?

Hahaha I like this topic. My History class just actually got done with the years when JFK was in Presidency and I personally think it was a conspiracy. But you never know I could be wrong.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Strike3? » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:03 pm

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5770984395481454022&q=JFK+assassination&hl=en

This video is about right before JFK gets assassinated....kinda makes it look like there might have been a conspiracy.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:20 pm

Castro was behind it
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Strike3? » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:02 pm

shs01240 wrote:Castro was behind it
How so?
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:09 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=678]Strike3?[/user] wrote:
How so?
</span>

I believe it was the Bay of Pigs invasion in which Kenndedy had constructed a plan to assasinate Castro. The Cubans found out and the plan was foiled. He was out for revenge. Keep in mind its just a theory.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Strike3? » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:16 pm

shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=678]Strike3?[/user] wrote:
How so?
</span>

I believe it was the Bay of Pigs invasion in which Kenndedy had constructed a plan to assasinate Castro. The Cubans found out and the plan was foiled. He was out for revenge. Keep in mind its just a theory.

Yes it was the Bay of Pigs invasion but I dont know if it was to assasinate Castro it was to overthrow Castro I thought.....It is a possibility....it also could have been Cuban exiles who left Cuba and came to Florida and wanted Kennedy to help them and save their familes back in Cuba, but Kennedy didnt accomplish that so they might have done it, but thats just another theory.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:20 pm

Strike3? wrote:
baller01 wrote:Was John F. Kennedy assasinated by conspiracy or, like the Warren Commission says, by Lee Harvey Oswald and no one else?

Hahaha I like this topic. My History class just actually got done with the years when JFK was in Presidency and I personally think it was a conspiracy. But you never know I could be wrong.

I know. Our class too. That is what sparked me to start it. I personally believe it was conspiracy as well.

Let me ask you this. While Kennedy was driving in the motorcade, he passes the book depository where Oswald is. Oswald doesn't fire until Kennedy is farther down the road. When Kennedy was fataly shot in the head, his head jerked back, and to the left. Tell me how this is possible if the bullet is coming from behind him and from the right side?

Never thought that it might have been Castro from the Bag of Pigs. That is good thinking.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:24 pm

United States Government
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:25 pm

ndfan wrote:United States Government

Agree
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby brownbomber » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:40 pm

do you think we will ever know for sure?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan_05 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:45 pm

brownbomber wrote:do you think we will ever know for sure?

Probably not, but it leads to another good question. How many things like this have the government kept from the people?
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:46 pm

I don't think the gov't is smart enough to pull it off.  Then again they faked the twin towers crash and the pentagon crash.;)
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:48 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:I don't think the gov't is smart enough to pull it off.  Then again they faked the twin towers crash and the pentagon crash.;)

don't forget the whole moon landing deal...
rep

Postby baller01 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:59 pm

rep wrote:
Wild Wolves wrote:I don't think the gov't is smart enough to pull it off.  Then again they faked the twin towers crash and the pentagon crash.;)

don't forget the whole moon landing deal...

What you mean they faked the twin towers crash and pentagon crash?

And about the moon landing, I kinda also think that was a hoax. You are telling me we can send individuals a million miles into space but we don't have a device to warm up our food? Microwave wasn't invented until the 70s and we so called, landed on the moon in 1969. It had the perfect motive too. Act like we landed on the mood to say we beat the Soviets.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:00 pm

Conspiracy Theory starring Mel Gibson.  I think I feel an earthquake coming.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Strike3? » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:02 pm

baller01 wrote:
Strike3? wrote:

I know. Our class too. That is what sparked me to start it. I personally believe it was conspiracy as well.

Let me ask you this. While Kennedy was driving in the motorcade, he passes the book depository where Oswald is. Oswald doesn't fire until Kennedy is farther down the road. When Kennedy was fataly shot in the head, his head jerked back, and to the left. Tell me how this is possible if the bullet is coming from behind him and from the right side?

Never thought that it might have been Castro from the Bag of Pigs. That is good thinking.

I dont know if you know this or not...but when JFK came around the corner...he was shot thru the back of his neck and it came out of his throat by the tie.....and then he was shot again in the head...theres something like 4 - 6 seconds in between those shots...now i think the gun the guy used was like a bolt action rifle or something so he would have had to reload his gun and aim back at kennedy and hes quite a distance away, just thought id throw that out there...( also if I remember right Oswald was trained pretty well with a gun so idk )
Last edited by Strike3? on Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:06 pm

Strike3? wrote:
baller01 wrote:
Strike3? wrote:

I dont know if you know this or not...but when JFK came around the corner...he was shot thru the back of his neck and it came out of his throat by the tie.....and then he was shot again in the head...theres something like 4 - 6 seconds in between those shots...now i think the gun the guy used was like a bolt action rifle or something so he would have had to reload his gun and aim back at kennedy and hes quite a distance away, just thought id throw that out there...( also if I remember right Oswald was trained pretty well with a gun so idk )

You are correct, the first bullet came from behind him and out his chest. You see him put his arms across his chest in the video. The second shot misses Kennedy all together. And the third shot drills him in the head. Like I said before. If the first one goes through his back, how does the third and fatal shot jolt his head back and to the left if the bullet is coming from behind. It doesn't make sense. The movie called JFK is pretty good. It has Tommy Lee Jones and I believe Bruce Willis in it. It is like 3 hours long but we watched just the trial part. They take you through what they think happened. If you have the chance, watch it. It will totally change your mind.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:07 pm

Myth busters did a show on this and determined that the other theories were not possible based on trajectory and obstacles.  Some guy managed to fire the same model gun twice at a moving vehicle and place both shots fairly accurately.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Strike3? » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:07 pm

baller01 wrote:
Strike3? wrote:

This is just my 2 cents but we also talked about this in my history class. I guess they have done tests and it is possible so they say. Its something about the Exit wound of the bullet is bigger then the entry wound of the bullet so it might be possible thats why his head jerked back...
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:12 pm

Strike3? wrote:
baller01 wrote:
Strike3? wrote:

This is just my 2 cents but we also talked about this in my history class. I guess they have done tests and it is possible so they say. Its something about the Exit wound of the bullet is bigger then the entry wound of the bullet so it might be possible thats why his head jerked back...

That would also explain why the government never released Kennedys brain to the public. No one knows where the bullets enter because Kennedy's brain was destroyed. If we would have been able to examine the brain, we would've been able to tell where the bullets enter...
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Number7 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:05 pm

We also just got done learning about the JFK era and watched a really good report by I believe Dateline on the whole assassination.  Lee Harvey Oswald was a former marine who had achieved the rank of sharpshooter.  He was a loner his whole life and when he was dishonorably discharged from the Marines he moved to the USSR where he lived for 3 years.  He moved to New Orleans and eventually Dallas with his russian bride.  he worked at the book despository and they showed multiple experiments with modern day technology that showed he was the onll possible shooter.  And about the head jerking back and to the left, apparently when a bullet strikes someone in the head, the head can move virtually any direction depending on a variety of factors.  I believe he acted alone, but someone could have been behind the scenes.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Strike3? » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:15 pm

Another thing to think about is 2 days after Kennedy was assassinated, Oswald was assassinated by Jack Ruby ( I think his name is )...Although Jack denies being part of a conspiracy, and that he acted out of rage and anger.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:33 am

Anyone ever seen the information that draws comparisons between Lincoln and JFK assasinations.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:52 am

Strike3? wrote:Another thing to think about is 2 days after Kennedy was assassinated, Oswald was assassinated by Jack Ruby ( I think his name is )...Although Jack denies being part of a conspiracy, and that he acted out of rage and anger.

Some people believed that the mafia killed JFK. Doesn't it make sense that Jack Ruby, a member of the mafia, would go and kill Oswald to make sure he didn't squeel. Jack Ruby had cancer and was going to die very soon anyways. He had nothing to lose by killing Oswald. Just a thought if you believe the mafia killed JFK.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories