Laptops

All other topics other than sports related.

Postby klg_11 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:52 pm

Im moving into an apartment in a couple weeks and i am going to purchase a laptop before i move to stay connected with courses. Anyone got any advice on choosing one or which they think is the best to buy?
klg_11

Postby rep » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:00 pm

kind of depends...what are you going to use it for...just messing around online or anything else?
rep

Postby ndfan » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:07 am

Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:08 am

If you are doing anything for school macbook bad....If you want to do creative stuff, macbook good.   I have a HP compaq and a dell insipron...I like both but actually like my HP better.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby klg_11 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:50 am

Baller wrote:If you are doing anything for school macbook bad....If you want to do creative stuff, macbook good.   I have a HP compaq and a dell insipron...I like both but actually like my HP better.

ya i mainly want school projects, and i love microsoft word i need that on it, and i was looking at the dell xps, but my brother-in-law told me that they get to expensive after u get all what u need on them, he said actually go with compaq...... i also will have music on it, but i dont need a lot of room for that because i can download then put on my ipod then delete song off computer.
klg_11

Postby 1337 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:08 am

Baller wrote:If you are doing anything for school macbook bad....

How is it bad? You can get Office for a Mac and it works just like Office for a PC. If you have some special PC only software, the Macbook allows you to use Bootcamp or software known as Parallels: http://www.parallels.com/ in order for you to run Windows on your Mac (thereby you're essentially getting two computers for the price of one). You can get a free piece of software known as OpenOffice http://www.openoffice.org/ which is an open source free replacement to Microsoft Office, and there is also a Mac version known as NeoOffice http://www.neooffice.org/

There are only 2 reasons to not get the Macbook. You're a hard core computer gamer or you have a non-iPod mp3 player.

If you have further questions feel free to PM me klg.
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Roughrider » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:00 pm

Im personally against Compaq and Gateway. To put it lightly i think they are pieces of junk. i have a Toshiba and it is very high quality. HP makes a very good laptop and so does Sony.
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cheesewheel » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:27 pm

I would go with a MacBook. For the same specs as a non-mac, they are actually cheaper. Like it was said before, you can run Windows on a mac if the need be. They make most programs like Adobe or Microsoft Office or others like that for a mac. They also do not crash as much as other computers. That is just my opinion though.
cheesewheel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby point/center » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:15 pm

i'm all about the Dell. been using a 5160 laptop for 4 years only had it replaced three times...it's like Daunte's knee.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories