Global Warming

All other topics other than sports related.

Postby ndfan » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:23 pm

Just wondering where its at right now???
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby klg_11 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:31 pm

ya i dont think you have to worry about global warming when its snowing in april
klg_11

Postby Ming01 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:31 pm

ndfan wrote:Just wondering where its at right now???

everywhere... lol
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:08 am

The question is not if global warming is occuring or not, but rather what is the cause.  Is it us or is it out of our control?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Diamond D » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:17 am

Great post Wild Wolves.  1/2 the scientists of the world say we are the cause and the other 1/2 say it is just the fact that the sun is actually getting hotter.

I have looked at some studies and here is my thoughts....

1.  Polar ice caps are shrinking on Mars.  This is a fact with research documenting this.  It tells me the sun is getting hotter.

2.  It is hard to think that putting 8 billion people on one planet isn't going to effect the environment somehow.

My conclusion.  Do we need to do things differently here?  Yeah, but there are some things that will be out of hands.

The only thing that ticks me off about this issue is when politicians run their mouths with such blinders on only because they are trying to secure their re-election. 
Diamond D

Postby point/center » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:38 am

i read a story about global warming and they looked back at historical temperatues and averages with as much accuracy and confidence as reasonably possible and their conclusion is that earth has been warming since.....the freakin' melting of the ice age....so maybe global warming has been going on for 3000 years?

and my final response is so the world is warming is that BAD? what is it BAD? maybe it's a good thing?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:17 am

Wild Wolves wrote:The question is not if global warming is occuring or not, but rather what is the cause.  Is it us or is it out of our control?

i would have to say it is not caused by us humans
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby grizz » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:05 am

klg_11 wrote:ya i dont think you have to worry about global warming when its snowing in april

Thats an effect of the global warming. It's not just about being warm, its about throwing the seasons around and the weather gets all messed up..... like now.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am

Ming01 wrote:
Wild Wolves wrote:The question is not if global warming is occuring or not, but rather what is the cause.  Is it us or is it out of our control?

i would have to say it is not caused by us humans

I would say its our fault. But theres really nothing we can do about it because its al about our technology using engery and making waste. But even if its not our fault, theres not a way we can stop it.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby klg_11 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:13 am

grizz wrote:
klg_11 wrote:ya i dont think you have to worry about global warming when its snowing in april

Thats an effect of the global warming. It's not just about being warm, its about throwing the seasons around and the weather gets all messed up..... like now.

my bad,
klg_11

Postby grizz » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:19 am

I think most people don't realize that. I'll let it fly...
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby iceman3 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:22 am

[font=georgia]our galaxy is going to collide with the andromine galaxy in about 6 billion years. we should start worryin about that. the day after tomorrow is happening in my opinion.[/font]
iceman3

Postby highheat » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:21 pm

global warming is happening naturally because the earth tends to go in cycles of hot and cold. the sun is also growing so that would contribute to an increased temperature. if in fact we are causing a green house effect with all of our CO2 emissions, we are not causing global warming, we are only accelerating it. as for why its snowing in april, when the ice caps melt, it throws off the entire flow of everything on the planet and shifts all the jet streams and air currents across the world which would make for some out of season weather conditions.
highheat

Postby Diamond D » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:24 pm

well said :up:
Diamond D

Postby Ming01 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:07 pm

So i would say Al Gore is a flaming hypocrite... complaining about us causing global warming but his own electric bill produces 20 times the national average
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:08 pm

I think we all know that Chuck Norris is warming the planet becuase he hates ice fishing

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby iceman3 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:38 pm

Ming01 wrote:So i would say Al Gore is a flaming hypocrite... complaining about us causing global warming but his own electric bill produces 20 times the national average

[font=georgia]did you watch his documentary on global warming[/font]
iceman3

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:44 pm

Let's get this straight.  This is not the first time it has snowed in April.  I would think that over the course of the last 100 years it has snowed in April 45 times and I am just guessing. 
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:45 pm

speaking of snow. chuck norris can build a snow man...out of rain

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:55 pm

iceman3 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:So i would say Al Gore is a flaming hypocrite... complaining about us causing global warming but his own electric bill produces 20 times the national average

[font=georgia]did you watch his documentary on global warming[/font]

no and i dont plan on watching it either
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:20 pm

if you check out my blog, you will see documented, scientifically-enforced proof of what the Western Hemisphere looks like in a couple of months due to the snow we've gotten.

www.areavoices.com/ost 

remember, it is scientific and cannot be disputed in any way, shape or form.
rep

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:23 pm

I would say that if you watched the Gore doc. you bought everything hook line and sinker.  He might eventually be proved right but until there is a concensus scientifically the last person I would believe about anything is a politician, especially one that tells me to change my life and refuses to change his.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby rumbles » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:24 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:Let's get this straight.  This is not the first time it has snowed in April.  I would think that over the course of the last 100 years it has snowed in April 45 times and I am just guessing.
i think i heard somewhere that it has snowed at least one time in every month in north dakota
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:20 pm

rumbles wrote:
Wild Wolves wrote:Let's get this straight.  This is not the first time it has snowed in April.  I would think that over the course of the last 100 years it has snowed in April 45 times and I am just guessing.
i think i heard somewhere that it has snowed at least one time in every month in north dakota

thats some what disturbing to hear. could you imagine having a baseball game snowed out in june, july, or august?
highheat

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories