Snow

All other topics other than sports related.

Postby SportsAreLife » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:00 pm

In my opinion I wish it would snow in like november throught about feburary. When it is supposed to. Not this time of the year when it screws up all the spring sports. Like track, golf, and baseball. What are other people's opinions?
SportsAreLife

Postby highheat » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:01 pm

im for sure not a fan. this is taking away from time we could be practicing outside.
highheat

Postby project-pat » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:02 pm

Yeah, it's pretty fun just swinging clubs in the hallways of your school, hitting wiffle balls haha, it gets a little old.
project-pat

Postby SportsAreLife » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:12 pm

It gets really old running in the gym and being inside for track. If it's going to snow it better snow enough to cancel school or enough to ride my snowmobile around.
SportsAreLife

Postby brownbomber » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:52 pm

SportsAreLife wrote:It gets really old running in the gym and being inside for track. If it's going to snow it better snow enough to cancel school or enough to ride my snowmobile around.

where was all of it this winter, thats the way i look at why now
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby T-Bone » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:16 pm

Ya, i definitely love snow, just not at this time of year. Really messes with the spring sports. Inside is definitely not where they were meant to be practiced.
T-Bone

Postby klg_11 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:22 pm

i like it for the fact that it is moisture and thats a plus right now for the crops, i would like water levels higher on the river for fishing this year also,

But it does kinda mess up sport situation, it will go away soon enough, and i will be out muddin
klg_11

Postby project-pat » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:24 pm

klg_11 wrote:i like it for the fact that it is moisture and thats a plus right now for the crops, i would like water levels higher on the river for fishing this year also,

But it does kinda mess up sport situation, it will go away soon enough, and i will be out muddin

yeah, good point, it is good for the golf course, and hopefully it's gone by monday for the first meet.
project-pat

Postby Mauer07 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:29 pm

I remember last year for baseball that my first 3 games got cancelled because of rain well now it looks like it is going to happen because of the snow....
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby klg_11 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:30 pm

Mauer07 wrote:I remember last year for baseball that my first 3 games got cancelled because of rain well now it looks like it is going to happen because of the snow....

how bad is it snowin for ya guys, i just saw several flakes up here in williston, its been raining alot last couple days but we aint really gettin the snow
klg_11

Postby Mauer07 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:49 pm

i dont know when it started to snow because i was down in bismarck until 2:30 but it was coming down pretty good and the roads right now are really icy
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:38 am

YYYYEEEEEAAAAAAA!!!!  I love snow....even though we have school:X
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby klg_11 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:53 am

Mauer07 wrote:i dont know when it started to snow because i was down in bismarck until 2:30 but it was coming down pretty good and the roads right now are really icy

actually when i woke up this morning to head to class it was white out so we had snow over night! we got a loate start but it  is still comin down a little bit.
klg_11

Postby Weezy Baby » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:09 am

project-pat wrote:
klg_11 wrote:i like it for the fact that it is moisture and thats a plus right now for the crops, i would like water levels higher on the river for fishing this year also,

yeah, good point, it is good for the golf course, and hopefully it's gone by monday for the first meet.

what meet is on monday? i thought the first one was the 12th
Weezy Baby

Postby grizz » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:16 am

I like the snow but I hate being cold. If it were a decent day and it was snowing it, it doesnt really bother me. I had to run outside yesterday when it was snowing out and it wasnt that bad, just kinda hurt the face haha. But I think it's a little colder today and its for sure a lot icier.

It seems like the snowing period keeps getting moved farther and farther back every year. It never really snows in November, I havent seen a white Christmas for a while, and the beggining of track every year has been snowy. WHY?!?!?!?!
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:05 pm

Weezy Baby wrote:
project-pat wrote:

what meet is on monday? i thought the first one was the 12th

i know, im not smrt, haha, its the standing rock meet on the 12th, don't mind me
project-pat

Postby NBE2007 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:36 pm

I think God played a April Fools joke on us when the snow melted then snowed on Apr. 1....
NBE2007

Postby klg_11 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:41 pm

NBE2007 wrote:I think God played a April Fools joke on us when the snow melted then snowed on Apr. 1....

haha ya, that crazy guy, didnt even think of that one.
klg_11

Postby grizz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:12 am

All this snow just needs to get the heck outta dodge so its stops messing up all my track meets. I'm getting a little bored just practicing all the time.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:24 am

This is gettin old really quick. The -2 windchill makes walking around really fun.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby cheezyfriez » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:41 pm

i personally hate the snow like everyone else says it should snow in november and december not april...havnt had a real golf practice yet
cheezyfriez
NDPreps Rookie

Postby klg_11 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:21 pm

cheezyfriez wrote:i personally hate the snow like everyone else says it should snow in november and december not april...havnt had a real golf practice yet

first of all i agre with him, second i love the name,.
klg_11

Postby grizz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:25 pm

Its looking like this whole week of track meets might get cancelled. Not so much because of the snow, but because of just the cold. ITS FREEZIN OUT THERE!
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby klg_11 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:27 pm

grizz wrote:Its looking like this whole week of track meets might get cancelled. Not so much because of the snow, but because of just the cold. ITS FREEZIN OUT THERE!

ya, but if the wind aint blowin and the sun is out its not so bad, but tonight i just got back from a bon fire and if u wandered away from the fire at all it was freezing, it shouldnt be like that in april
klg_11

Postby grizz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:29 pm

I think even if the wind isnt blowing, but the temp isnt very high they wont hold the meet. I think its cuz of all the injuries that could possibly happen.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories