The Draft

All other topics other than sports related.

Postby uber pwnage » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:18 pm

Should women be included in the draft? Why or Why not?
uber pwnage

Postby Baller » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:22 pm

I am going with no on that one.....not because they are women, but because I don't think there will ever be a draft again.  That being said, there are a lot of women that could not handle the emotional stakes of war.  I think that there are men that have a hard time too, but not at the percentage of women.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby uber pwnage » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:24 pm

That's a pretty good argument actually. But I think with all of the talk about equality between men and women that it should apply here as well.
uber pwnage

Postby klg_11 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:52 am

uber pwnage wrote:That's a pretty good argument actually. But I think with all of the talk about equality between men and women that it should apply here as well.

i agree, with them pushing so hard to be equal, let them be equal, make women sign that paper as well.
klg_11

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:22 pm

I am thankful that so many men and women volunteer for service so that the rest of us can sit back and have these discussions.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Roughrider » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:08 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:I am thankful that so many men and women volunteer for service so that the rest of us can sit back and have these discussions.

Exactly, i will agree with you on that one. Going into war isnt for me. I would just rather talk about it
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mustanghero » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:32 pm

Roughrider wrote:
Wild Wolves wrote:I am thankful that so many men and women volunteer for service so that the rest of us can sit back and have these discussions.

Exactly, i will agree with you on that one. Going into war isnt for me. I would just rather talk about it

that doesn't sound too respectful to the troops...not getting mad but it makes u sound ungrateful for what they're getting themselves into.
Find a sport you love, and you'll never practice a day in your career
Mustanghero
NDPreps Starter

Postby Roughrider » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:36 pm

Mustanghero wrote:
Roughrider wrote:

that doesn't sound too respectful to the troops...not getting mad but it makes u sound ungrateful for what they're getting themselves into.

No i didnt mean my comment to be disrespectful. I have all the respect in the world for our troops. all i meant was is that i dont have the gut to join up so i would never do it.
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:44 pm

My point was that without a volunteer military most of us would be waiting, waiting to find out if we were next to be deployed.  By "sit back and have these discussions" I definitely mean no disrespect to the military if anything I think it would be more like being called out to the rest of us.  Are we going to just sit here and have endless (some times pointless) discussions or are we going to voice our opinions about things that matter.  Or are we going to serve our community, state, or country in some way?

I had a chance to join the army and receive a great education but at that time there was a higher level of competition to get into programs (or I wasn't very impressive in the interview).  I took the easier path and just racked up a pile of student loans.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mustanghero » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:09 pm

Roughrider wrote:
Mustanghero wrote:
Roughrider wrote:

No i didnt mean my comment to be disrespectful. I have all the respect in the world for our troops. all i meant was is that i dont have the gut to join up so i would never do it.

oic I misunderstood
Find a sport you love, and you'll never practice a day in your career
Mustanghero
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:18 pm

thank God there is no draft... I mean I don't want any dumb asses protecting this country who have never held a gun before and talk non sense about our armed forces and our current war... (sorry if I offended anyone)
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mauer07 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:29 pm

well lets hope there is not going to be another draft
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:17 am

Bush keeps saying there won't be a draft anytime soon, but I dont know if I trust him. I think if he was in office for another term he would probobly instate the draft, but I think since there has to be a new president, one of the first things that pres does is pull the troops out.

I dont think women should be involved in the draft. The military is pretty tough and only tough girls can handle that. I wouldnt want to hear stories on the news about a little miss priss getting killed in Iraq everyday. I just dont think that some girls would make the cut in the military.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:40 am

Even if Bush had another term I don't believe he would instate a draft.  He is all for volunterring.  The status of the War will depend on who the next president is.  If it's Hillary, Obama, or even Giuliani the troops are gone.  If it's McCain or some other Republican canidate from out of the blue like Newt Gingrich or Romney(?) the troops will stay.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby SportsAreLife » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:34 pm

If hiliary becomes pres america will probably be destroyed(not becasue she's a women), she's just crazy if you ask me.
SportsAreLife

Postby grizz » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:41 pm

In what ways is she crazy? Besides marrying Bill....
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby SportsAreLife » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:45 pm

grizz wrote:In what ways is she crazy? Besides marrying Bill....

Two reasons

1) for staying with slick willy

2) she wants a gun ban and that would mean bye-bye hunting which i would not be happy with

SportsAreLife

Postby grizz » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:48 pm

Ooo thats a good point with the gun ban thing. I forgot about that one. Thats absolutely insane if she thinks she will ban guns in America. :screwy:
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby SportsAreLife » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:51 pm

There is actually no way she would ever ban guns because there is to many crazy people that like guns in ND, texas, and other redneck states...haha
SportsAreLife

Postby Ming01 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:53 pm

Well maybe it would be banned in liberal states like California, Colorado, and Vermont... but def. not ND, Texas, Montana, etc.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby grizz » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:55 pm

I dont think it would work ANYWHERE. Especially in Cali and NY and stuff. Those guys got hookups.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby SportsAreLife » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:58 pm

The crime rate would sky rocket in those states because the gangs would all have guns and the citizens would be unarmed and unable to protect themselves.
SportsAreLife

Postby project-pat » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:59 pm

SportsAreLife wrote:The crime rate would sky rocket in those states because the gangs would all have guns and the citizens would be unarmed and unable to protect themselves.

well then the citizen's would just shoot the gangs and get the gangs mad and it would just sky rocket even more, it's a lose-lose situation.
project-pat

Postby SportsAreLife » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:02 pm

That's a good scenario pat. Thanks.
SportsAreLife

Postby grizz » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:03 pm

The odds of getting all the guns off the streets are about 1 to infinity. Its kinda like mary jane, its impossible to get all of it.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories