Best Band

All other topics other than sports related.

Postby cheesewheel » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:56 am

I was thinking about putting Led Zeppelin and the Beatles up there along with some others. But I decided to put up ones that I listen to on a daily basis. There are so many great bands out there it is almost impossible to name the top 5.
cheesewheel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:10 pm

and it seems like depending on my mood, that really determines what i want to hear...so making a concrete top 5 seems like a fairly impossible task.

for instance, right now i pretty much plug in smile empty soul's 'adjustments' three or four times a day. (if you haven't heard it, you can listen to it on one of their websites http://www.myspace.com/smileemptysoulmusic but mind your settings when you play it, i should probably warn...there is probably a bad word said in it maybe 10 times). a couple of months ago, all i wanted to hear was some otis redding. last summer it seemed like if it was slipknot i was happy.

the beatles are not something i like on a regular basis. i might throw a vote towards zeplin, because let's face it, if puffy samples your guitar stuff, you are doing something right.

Last edited by rep on Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:28 am

rep wrote:and it seems like depending on my mood, that really determines what i want to hear...so making a concrete top 5 seems like a fairly impossible task.

for instance, right now i pretty much plug in smile empty soul's 'adjustments' three or four times a day. (if you haven't heard it, you can listen to it on one of their websites http://www.myspace.com/smileemptysoulmusic but mind your settings when you play it, i should probably warn...there is probably a bad word said in it maybe 10 times). a couple of months ago, all i wanted to hear was some otis redding. last summer it seemed like if it was slipknot i was happy.

the beatles are not something i like on a regular basis. i might throw a vote towards zeplin, because let's face it, if puffy samples your guitar stuff, you are doing something right.

quick question... Is this BEST bands, or is this FAVORITE BANDS? Cause if this is Favorite bands, I'm sorry for ever chiming in with anything I have said. All I know is that the title of it is BEST BAND
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby Keanu Reeves » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:31 am

ndfan wrote:Green Day

green day... honestly, billie joel armstrong is a poser and cant sing.
Brillo heads are funny
Keanu Reeves
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grizz » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:03 pm

Keanu Reeves wrote:
ndfan wrote:Green Day

green day... honestly, billie joel armstrong is a poser and cant sing.

Yeah you're totally right. Billie is a huge poser. He also doesnt have fame, fortune, OR black nails. GOOD ONE KEANU.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Pfenix » Tue May 01, 2007 2:10 pm

Musically Led Zeplin, Pink Floyd, Alice in Chains, and Tool cannot be matched.  You can't talk about rock music without mentioning any of these bands.  Can you name an album that was as ground breaking as Dark Side of the Moon or The Wall?  I don't think so.  Tool has its haters but I get more out of their music than anything else out there today.  Their album 10,000  Days sends chills down my spine every time I hear it.  One band I can't believe I haven't seen on here yet but definitely deserves consideration--Rage Against the Machine. 
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby DeuceTrey » Tue May 01, 2007 6:52 pm

i definatly agree on Rage, great music to get pumped up to, and im really hoping that they put out a new cd after their reunion.

i also agree with Pink Floyd, great music to listen and relax to, there is just so much going on in their songs and so many different noises that it is just a trip to listen to.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Pfenix » Tue May 01, 2007 7:34 pm

Amen man, exactly Comfortably Numb sends chills down my spine every time i listen to it.  I can count on one hand how many songs do that to me.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Thu May 03, 2007 5:18 am

Pfenix wrote:Amen man, exactly Comfortably Numb sends chills down my spine every time i listen to it.  I can count on one hand how many songs do that to me.

THe best laugh ever made..... It is on Brain Damage.. That laugh freaks the crap out of me when I hear, but it is still awesome...
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Fri May 25, 2007 7:50 am

LINKIN PARK...their new album "minutes to midnight" is amazing..."what i've done" and "shadow of the day" are 2 excellent songs
Last edited by project-pat on Fri May 25, 2007 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Re: Best Band

Postby project-pat » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:11 pm

FOO FIGHTERS
project-pat

Postby Ming01 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:26 pm

hootie and the blowfish, cream, goo goo dolls, dave matthews band, pearl jam
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Roughrider » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:42 am

Ming01 wrote:hootie and the blowfish, cream, goo goo dolls, dave matthews band, pearl jam

i would agree with you on pearl jam but, come on
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:26 am

Roughrider wrote:
Ming01 wrote:hootie and the blowfish, cream, goo goo dolls, dave matthews band, pearl jam

i would agree with you on pearl jam but, come on

got a problem?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby thundercat 99 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:08 pm

This has probably been said before, but Red Hot Chili Peppers got to be upt there
''You play to win the game!''
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:45 pm

I've been listening to alot of Skillet lately...any takers?
project-pat

Postby basketballer » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:53 pm

project-pat wrote:I've been listening to alot of Skillet lately...any takers?

They are good.
basketballer

Postby baseball18 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:34 am

Gotta go with The Four Tops, nothing gets more classic then them...
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby MrFearing » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:14 pm

baseball18 wrote:Gotta go with The Four Tops, nothing gets more classic then them...

How bout the Beatles???
Eagles???
MrFearing

Postby baseball18 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:09 am

MrFearing wrote:
baseball18 wrote:Gotta go with The Four Tops, nothing gets more classic then them...

How bout the Beatles???
Eagles???

them too
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby Dom » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:37 pm

The Best/most influential in my opinion:Beatles, Led Zeppelin, U2, Eagles, The Ramones.

My Favorites:Green Day, Three Days Grace, Billy Talent, My Chemical Romance, Sum 41.
Dom

Postby project-pat » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:37 pm

Dom wrote:The Best/most influential in my opinion:Beatles, Led Zeppelin, U2, Eagles, The Ramones.

My Favorites:Green Day, Three Days Grace, Billy Talent, My Chemical Romance, Sum 41.

boo!
project-pat

Postby Hinsa » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:33 am

My favorites: Led Zeppelin, Doobie Brothers, Santana, James Gang
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:47 am

A really good band just starting to gain popularity on the radio is State of Shock. Listen to "Money Honey" by them, it's awesome.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 am

Not a band, but Kanye West
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories