Preps HOF

All other topics other than sports related.

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:36 pm

project-pat wrote:
ndfan wrote:[user=790]project-pat[/user] wrote:
Those are key to making the HOF, but it also comes down to your knowledge of sports and what kind of contributions you make towards the world of ND preps.

How come I wasn't in the top 10 right away then. haha :) Is it because I'm the most hated moderator on the board?

It's actually because I'm jealous of you that you're a mod and I'm not haha. :cool:

haha man don't be jealous I'm just like everybody else on here except I have a little more power then most.

Oh also something else you could put on my HOF plaque is that I was first mod. :)

Yeah that's a good honor.

I think i've applied like 3 times to be a moderator, but I've never gotten the nod.:sob:

I think I need to tone my posting skills before I ask again:situps:

i would love to moderate but it mite be to much work because i love to argue and moderators have to stop heated arguments

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:38 pm

cdub1 wrote:
project-pat wrote:
Those are key to making the HOF, but it also comes down to your knowledge of sports and what kind of contributions you make towards the world of ND preps.

How come I wasn't in the top 10 right away then. haha :) Is it because I'm the most hated moderator on the board?

It's actually because I'm jealous of you that you're a mod and I'm not haha. :cool:

haha man don't be jealous I'm just like everybody else on here except I have a little more power then most.

Oh also something else you could put on my HOF plaque is that I was first mod. :)

Yeah that's a good honor.

I think i've applied like 3 times to be a moderator, but I've never gotten the nod.:sob:

I think I need to tone my posting skills before I ask again:situps:

i would love to moderate but it mite be to much work because i love to argue and moderators have to stop heated arguments

There are times where i would LOVE to be a moderator. 2 key examples, The ambassador and Jarebear, all i gotta say haha.
project-pat

Postby ndfan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:40 pm

I took care of The Ambassador for ya for a while. jarebear i don't think you have to worry about him anymore either.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:42 pm

ndfan wrote:I took care of The Ambassador for ya for a while. jarebear i don't think you have to worry about him anymore either.

Thank you, you are by far my favorite mod now. You should put in a good word to NDSportsFan for me;) If you did i would worship you:bow:
project-pat

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:14 pm

i think there should be a hall of fame for all the people who make others mad and start fights....i nominate myself.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby bbjay » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:29 pm

I don't think # of posts should be a HOF qualifier, and neither should length of membership.  Somehow, it should be # of quality posts, but how do you determine that?  I've been a member for over a year, but don't even have 200 posts yet because I don't react to everything people say or write.  Not saying I should be a HOF'er, I don't come on here enough (especially when basketball is over).  Just pointing out that it shouldn't be 1 or 2 factors that get you in.  Heres my criteria:

1. # of quality posts relevant to the topic at hand (hahaha..try and figure out how to gauge this)

2. Time spent on site...either reading or reacting to posts

3. # of posts

4. length of membership

5. avatar
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:32 pm

me personally i would nominate someone who states their opinion and doesnt just jump on a bandwagon someone who knows for the most part wut they are talking about and doesnt put stuff like st marys are winning football next year stuff like that and i want at least 250 posts unless you are an exceptional poster

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gator-nation » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:29 pm

HALL OF FAME CHEA
gator-nation

Postby highheat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:55 am

here's my two cents on how to get into the HOF.

take nominations from reputable forum goers. when somebody receives enough nominations, lets say 10, they are considered for a vote by current HOF'ers. if the person receives a high enough percentage of votes, lets say 75%, they are inducted into the HOF.

i know it sounds way too complicated for a forum HOF, but it would prevent having every member of the board in the hall over a months timespan.
highheat

Postby brownbomber » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:14 am

ndfan wrote:I took care of The Ambassador for ya for a while. jarebear i don't think you have to worry about him anymore either.

hahahahhaa thats great
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby cityleaguer » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:42 am

I am officially recalling my nomination in to the HOF. At the time I thought I had what it took, but in seeing what others have sacrificed to put into this site, I just think my 225 posts are a little under par, good as they may be, I'm not deserving.

Along with this I realized that someone took 1/2 an IQ point off my bar :( This is unacceptable for someone who has aspirations of being a hall of famer. My ratio of IQ points to posts has declined and with that, I will await further hearing of a future induction. Thank You.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsperson » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:48 am

I hear that sportsperson is a pretty good poster. Real talent, Hall of Fame material. He definitely knows his stuff. If I were picking the next inductee I'd give this guy some serious consideration.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby highheat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:48 am

i dont think being cocky and referring to yourself in the third person is going to get you in.
highheat

Postby power-aid14 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:08 pm

project-pat wrote:Well....This week was so hard for HOF picks, I have to go with 5 that I all think are evenly matched.

March 11, 2007 HOF inductees.

1. NDSportsFan (for being the Vince Mcmahon of this site)

2. NDfan (first to hit the century mark in posts)

3. West Dakota (the best photographer on this site)

4. Indians Alumni (For showing constant school spirit, while living in a different state)

5. Biggie (Great WDA photographer)

skunked again, some have compared me to syracuse and drexel. i personally compare myself to bert blyleven(who by the way is, with dude bremer, one of the best commentators out there) i believe i will get there one day, but it will be a long tough road. it will take many persuasive posts. ummm ya go twins
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:41 pm

power-aid14 wrote:
project-pat wrote:Well....This week was so hard for HOF picks, I have to go with 5 that I all think are evenly matched.

March 11, 2007 HOF inductees.

1. NDSportsFan (for being the Vince Mcmahon of this site)

2. NDfan (first to hit the century mark in posts)

3. West Dakota (the best photographer on this site)

4. Indians Alumni (For showing constant school spirit, while living in a different state)

5. Biggie (Great WDA photographer)

skunked again, some have compared me to syracuse and drexel. i personally compare myself to bert blyleven(who by the way is, with dude bremer, one of the best commentators out there) i believe i will get there one day, but it will be a long tough road. it will take many persuasive posts. ummm ya go twins

get at least 400 more posts and u will get nominated by cdub

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsperson » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:26 pm

highheat wrote:i dont think being cocky and referring to yourself in the third person is going to get you in.

Really? Shoot.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:29 pm

sportsperson wrote:
highheat wrote:i dont think being cocky and referring to yourself in the third person is going to get you in.

Really? Shoot.

I did get a kick out of it though, haha
project-pat

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:59 pm

My personal HOF is our list of mods, but i'm a little biased on that.  There are just too many great members for me to throw any other names out there.  I'm sure with the rate the membership is growing we will need a few more mods in the future.

Project-pat, somedays it's the HOF, somedays its the Hall of Shame, haha.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:08 am

NDSportsFan wrote: My personal HOF is our list of mods, but i'm a little biased on that.  There are just too many great members for me to throw any other names out there.  I'm sure with the rate the membership is growing we will need a few more mods in the future.

Project-pat, somedays it's the HOF, somedays its the Hall of Shame, haha.

haha ok, I'll admit I'm a little inconsistent with my posts, if that's what your getting at.
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:09 pm

700th post!!

And I'm also on this site more than pretty much anybody, that makes grounds for a good mod.
project-pat

Postby cdub1 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:17 pm

project-pat wrote:700th post!!

And I'm also on this site more than pretty much anybody, that makes grounds for a good mod.

same here i think i would be a decent mod

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:18 pm

cdub1 wrote:
project-pat wrote:700th post!!

same here i think i would be a decent mod

Let's get a petition started.
project-pat

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:23 pm

Alright cdub and PP give me 5 good reasons you guys would make good mods??? Make them good.:D
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:25 pm

ndfan wrote:Alright cdub and PP give me 5 good reasons you guys would make good mods??? Make them good.:D

1. im always on here

2. i read everything

3. i wont delete every little argument but i know wut doesnt belong on the site

4. ive been here forever

5. i follow the rules of preps

but if u dont want me to be a moderator turn me into a Basketball Fan like ming was lol
Last edited by cdub1 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:34 pm

1. I'm on here from 3:30 p.m. till about 1:00 on slow nights.

2. I'm up to date on every topic.

3. I understand what is not allowed on this site.

4. I've been familiar with ndpreps since the beginning.

5. I will be responsible with my new position and not let the family of ndpreps down, they've done too much for me.

project-pat

PreviousNext

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories