Rap or Country

All other topics other than sports related.

Postby deere » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:38 pm

only one thing i dont like about country is people from like big cities like New York or whereever talk about driving a tractor or being from the country and there not....that just makes me mad....
deere

Postby rep » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:05 pm

deere wrote:only one thing i dont like about country is people from like big cities like New York or whereever talk about driving a tractor or being from the country and there not....that just makes me mad....

amen...until you've rolled with a 7020 with no a/c and only a.m. radio through the months of june, july and august...you don't know what angst is.
rep

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:14 pm

If it's got a good beat, or makes you feel something inside, then it's good.  Doesn't matter if it's rap, country, reggae, or rave.  
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby deere » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:13 pm

amen...until you've rolled with a 7020 with no a/c and only a.m. radio through the months of june, july and august...you don't know what angst is.

haha yes there you go, go pick rocks by hand with a four wheeler and a little bucket in ungodly hot weather then come talk to me city folk...haha been there done that with the no ac and only A.M. radio (if the twins arent on all you can listen to is how to baste a turkey) in the hot summer with my 7720 Turbo JD.....haha great post rep...and to you city folk you think your hot stuff with your brand new rolls royce, we drive a quarter million dollar vehicle only a couple months out of the year.....haha
deere

Postby klg_11 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:14 am

deere wrote:

haha yes there you go, go pick rocks by hand with a four wheeler and a little bucket in ungodly hot weather then come talk to me city folk...haha been there done that with the no ac and only A.M. radio (if the twins arent on all you can listen to is how to baste a turkey) in the hot summer with my 7720 Turbo JD.....haha great post rep...and to you city folk you think your hot stuff with your brand new rolls royce, we drive a quarter million dollar vehicle only a couple months out of the year.....haha

Haha NICE!!!! u could say were just joy ridin out there. One of these city guys will come out and farm and end up putting a system in teh combine!
klg_11

Postby BBall dominator » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:30 pm

I listen to rap but only certain groups anyone on rhymesayers pre-2000 when people like us (middle america) started liking rap thats when it all started to sound alike its not about lyricism when rapping was awesome but I do listen to em, jay-z, and Wu-tang and of course the old school that really doesn't need to be listed but I feel weird w/ my music playing when another kid rolls up w/ his hat barely on head over shaggy hair listening to rap something about it just doesn't fit but as of now I listen to more country
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby YOUNGWONDER911 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:49 am

i think country takes alot more talent, most rappers are famous not for rapping, but for things they say, how much talent does it take to yell "yeah, okay, what?"
YOUNGWONDER911

Postby baseball » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:06 am

YOUNGWONDER911 wrote:i think country takes alot more talent, most rappers are famous not for rapping, but for things they say, how much talent does it take to yell "yeah, okay, what?"

so you stereotype every rapper because ONE (Lil Jon) is known for sayin "yeah, okay, and what"  i would love to see you right a 5 minute rap instead of a 3 minute country song.  rappers write more words because the songs tend to be long and country music as more dead time between chorus and verses where jsut music plays where alot of rap songs dont have that dead time.  say what u want aobut rap doesnt take any work but until i can see you go platinum with an album all you can do is stereotype....good work
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Roughrider » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:12 am

I hate both of them but if i had to pick one i would pick rap. the kind of rap that doesnt have Mike Jones screeming out his name and rapping about their grills and rims.
Last edited by Roughrider on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories