Halo 1 vs. Halo 2

All other topics other than sports related.

Halo 1 or Halo 2?

Halo 1
38%
Halo 2
63%

Total votes : 24

Postby uber pwnage » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:51 am

I think xbox live ruined H2. All the cheating and deleveling put me off big time. The first year or so H2 wasn't that bad, but after bridging and modding became bigger I realized my heart truley lied in Halo 1. A nice 4v4 LAN at my house easily proved my heart right. With a system link you actually interact with your teammates and communication is so much better. You don't have to deal with cheating or with n00bs. Well i guess the n00bs are still there, but at least you can balance the teams so no one is at a disadvantage.

That alone makes up my mind. Both games have their good and bad points.
I just think that H1 has less bads.

What do you think?
uber pwnage

Postby Strike3? » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:58 am

[font=comic sans ms]Halo 1 is far more superior to Halo 2...H2 not cool, my vote goes for Halo 1.[/font]
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:35 am

halo 2, dual weapon usage.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball18 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:37 am

Halo 2 is better, just because of live
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby Strike3? » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:05 am

The Schwab wrote:halo 2, dual weapon usage.

duals are for noobs, the pistol from halo 1 would own the duals
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 3sport » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:09 am

everyone thats saying h2 is better is because they werent good at h1
now there good at h2 because they have "noobified" it
3sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby Strike3? » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:09 am

the pistol takes more skill than the duals
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby uber pwnage » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:14 am

Ping Pong wrote:I cant even begin to describe to you how much better H2 is that H1. do u guys play live? you dont have to play matchmaking. and if you are a high enough level to get modded, you obviously play it alot and enjoy it.

Yeah ive been playing live on and off since it came out. I had fun with it at first but the cheating at higher levers turned me away from it. It seems to me that H1 takes more skill strategy wise. The recharging shields in H2 give you an even advantage as long as you can find cover. The hitboxes and sticky aim seem to help too much. H2 has many good points i dont disagree, but H1 is alot more fun to LAN with friends.

The weapons in H2 are just as unbalanced in H2 as they are in H1, but i prefer an overpowered starting weapon (H1pistol) to an underpowered one (H2 smg). Then the playing field is evenly matched from the start.

Noob combo (plasma pistol + br) is abused in Halo 2 as is double shooting and BXR.
Legit games are alot more common in Halo 1.

Halo 2 has live, but if you really need to go online you can get XBC for Halo 1 and play that online.
Last edited by uber pwnage on Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
uber pwnage

Postby coca cola » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:32 am

[font=georgia]halo 2 is totally "noobified", your so right[/font]
Last edited by coca cola on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
coca cola
NDPreps Reserve

Postby uber pwnage » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:41 am

Ping Pong wrote:im thinkin any one that think H1 is beter probably has not played enough H2 or they dont have live. the pistol in H1 is a weak arguement b/c it was very unrealistic in comparison to all the other weapons. duals are not that easy to use, and it takes longer to kill with duals than with a H1 pistol. thats dumb. al i can say is BATTLE RIFLE. there is nuthing else that needs to be said. that alone separates the two and puts H2 WAY out in front. you dont have to get modded, play custom games. lok at all the pros, they dont play matchmaking, they have 100 friends and they play customs all the time. if you are good enough to get modded, or stand-by'd just play customs. you dont run into those problems that much at a low level.
The H1 M6D pistol is actually very realistic, a pistol of that caliber would do that amount of damage. The assault rifle is where they went wrong. It was far weaker than a real assault rifle.

I have played plenty of Halo 2 live. The BR can kill people faster and easier than the pistol. If you've played any live you undoubtedly know about BXR and double-shooting. Not to mention the hitboxes and autoaim require very little skill to take advantage of and theres hardly any learning curve at all in H2.

Custom games are fun but as i said before system links easily come out on top. Halo 2 can LAN too obviously, but its just not the same as good old Halo: CE.
uber pwnage

Postby uber pwnage » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:51 pm

BXR and double shot are most definantly glitches. They were not intended to be in the game. Yes, it takes skill to use them but that does not make them legitimate.

The scope on the pistol is actually linked to the spartans visor in their MJOLNIR armor. The reason it doesn't kill anyone in one shot is because they are covered in armor and an energy shield. The weapons, excluding the assault rifle, are fairly reasonable considering that.
uber pwnage

Postby NBE2007 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:58 pm

ScaTMaN wrote:
uber pwnage wrote:The H1 M6D pistol is actually very realistic, a pistol of that caliber would do that amount of damage. The assault rifle is where they went wrong. It was far weaker than a real assault rifle.

I have played plenty of Halo 2 live. The BR can kill people faster and easier than the pistol. If you've played any live you undoubtedly know about BXR and double-shooting. Not to mention the hitboxes and autoaim require very little skill to take advantage of and theres hardly any learning curve at all in H2.

Custom games are fun but as i said before system links easily come out on top. Halo 2 can LAN too obviously, but its just not the same as good old Halo: CE.

Well no kiddin it would do that amount of damage in real life. if your gonna say stuff like that, then wouldnt all the guns do a ton of damage, considering it only takes one shot in real life with ANY gun to kill someone.

Besides that, you can zoom in a pistol!!! who puts a scope on their pistol?! you can hit someone on Hang 'Em High from across the map, and this is one of the bigger maps on H1.

BXR is definately not a glitch and it take a lot of skill to get that down. same goes for double shot.
i know alot of games that had pistols with scopes
NBE2007

Postby NBE2007 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:02 pm

I really liked Halo 2 on Live, that is until the modding came in, I really can't play Multiplayer with anyone around here due to the lack of people who play it from I'm from...but yea i say just bring on Halo 3 and the return of the assault rifle.
NBE2007

Postby grizz » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:58 pm

halo 2 on XBOX live is very addicting. i used to link up xboxs with friends and play halo 1 a lot and that was really fun, but i like the weapons and overall gameplay alot more on halo 2..... besides the modding.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby NationalChamp21 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:34 pm

halo 1 has so much more skill than halo 2 its not funny only noobs play halo 2
Leave everything on the mat
NationalChamp21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby flyguy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:45 am

The bottom line between Halo 1 and Halo 2 is that Halo 1 takes much more skill than Halo 2. Halo 2 has dual weapon usage, lockon rockets, swipe sniping, noob combo just to name a few. Halo 1 is much better there is a couple of levels that are hard to play because of glitvhes allowing you to go on top on the level. But Halo 1 just takes much more skill. My vote goes for Halo 1.
flyguy

Postby brownbomber » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:05 pm

grizz wrote:halo 2 on XBOX live is very addicting. i used to link up xboxs with friends and play halo 1 a lot and that was really fun, but i like the weapons and overall gameplay alot more on halo 2..... besides the modding.

i agree with you grizz i am also a gamer
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby bisonslayer » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:17 pm

unless you actually play on xbox live you can have no opinion on this, RARELY do people use nOOb combo's anymore, it takes no skill to use.. Halo 2 biggest plus the far superior battle rifle which could own the halo 1 pistol. Halo 2 is over 3 years old i believe and still has a Million people on live all day. Pretty amazing for a game that old.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:22 pm

i am one of those million on live i pwn kids
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby uber pwnage » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:37 pm

bisonslayer wrote:unless you actually play on xbox live you can have no opinion on this, RARELY do people use nOOb combo's anymore, it takes no skill to use.. Halo 2 biggest plus the far superior battle rifle which could own the halo 1 pistol. Halo 2 is over 3 years old i believe and still has a Million people on live all day. Pretty amazing for a game that old.

My oh my, where to start!
-Well first off, the capitalized, bolded, blue font is just plain obnoxious.
-Next, anyone can have an opinion, and although I have played many hours of live, there are plenty of people who have played enough system links to have a great idea of how Halo 2 ranks against its predecessor.
-The Halo: CE pistol is far superior to the battle rifle in Halo 2. It only takes 3 shots for a kill as opposed to the BR's 4 shots. (Not to mention the BR fires 3-shot bursts)
-People still abuse the noob combo all the time, however the noob combo is nothing compared to BXR, double-shooting, and other button combos.
uber pwnage

Postby Diamond D » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:01 am

Hello:

I have an xBox and the only games I own are H1 and H2.  I love them both, but I have several questions that I am wondering about.
People still abuse the noob combo all the time, however the noob combo

What is this you are talking about?

How does one "cheat" in H2 like you all are refering to?

Personally I think both have their advantages and disadvantages.  I play one for a while and then switch and play the other for a while.  I kind of go back and forth.

Diamond D

Postby baseball18 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:37 am

Diamond D wrote:Hello:

I have an xBox and the only games I own are H1 and H2.  I love them both, but I have several questions that I am wondering about.

Personally I think both have their advantages and disadvantages.  I play one for a while and then switch and play the other for a while.  I kind of go back and forth.

Noob combo is using the plasma pistol on someone then quickly switching to the battle rifle.

Overall, H2 is better.  The BR is amazing and the best gun in both games.  Speaking of noobs in H2, if you use the pistol in H1 you are a noob.  Since there are so many noobs and modders on live the only way to compare the two games is system linking.  H2 is way better and more fun to system link and play with friends.  The maps are better in H2 and I like the guns better too.

Cheating in H2 would be like standbying or w/e where if you play and mod in matchmaking the other team respawns and you can just kill them instantly, you can basically take over the game yourself.  That's why I like playing custom games online.

But the only advantage H1 has over H2 is the campaign mode is more fun.
Last edited by baseball18 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby uber pwnage » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:12 pm

baseball18 wrote:
Diamond D wrote:Hello:

Noob combo is using the plasma pistol on someone then quickly switching to the battle rifle.

Overall, H2 is better.  The BR is amazing and the best gun in both games.  Speaking of noobs in H2, if you use the pistol in H1 you are a noob.  Since there are so many noobs and modders on live the only way to compare the two games is system linking.  H2 is way better and more fun to system link and play with friends.  The maps are better in H2 and I like the guns better too.

Cheating in H2 would be like standbying or w/e where if you play and mod in matchmaking the other team respawns and you can just kill them instantly, you can basically take over the game yourself.  That's why I like playing custom games online.

But the only advantage H1 has over H2 is the campaign mode is more fun.

No the pistol from Halo 1 is the most well-rounded or "best" gun in both games. I have facts to back that if you need them.
I can't understand how using the pistol would make someone a noob.
Are you familiar with the Halo story line at all? Because after reading all 4 of the novels I think the Halo 2 campaign added a lot more to the story line than the first.
uber pwnage

Postby Diamond D » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:31 am

Because after reading all 4 of the novels I think the Halo 2 campaign added a lot more to the story line than the first.

The BR is amazing and the best gun in both games.
What is the BR??

It is obvious now that I am in over my head on this topic.  Maybe my wife is right, I am too old to be playing xbox.....:cry:

I just go in and shoot everyone. 

You guys are way more dedicated than I am at this.:bow: 

If anyone lives in Devils Lake and would willing to do some training on H1 or H2 for a old guy (I am 33), I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by Diamond D on Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diamond D

Postby uber pwnage » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:35 am

Diamond D wrote:
Because after reading all 4 of the novels I think the Halo 2 campaign added a lot more to the story line than the first.

The BR is amazing and the best gun in both games.
What is the BR??

It is obvious now that I am in over my head on this topic.  Maybe my wife is right, I am too old to be playing xbox.....:cry:

I just go in and shoot everyone. 

You guys are way more dedicated than I am at this.:bow: 

If anyone lives in Devils Lake and would willing to do some training on H1 or H2 for a old guy (I am 33), I would greatly appreciate it.

The BR is the battle rifle from Halo 2.

I wouldn't say we're more dedicated, we just have more time to waste.
Now are you talking training on gameplay or on storyline?
Either way I would start at bungie.net if you want info. It says more guides coming soon in that section, but I'm not sure how long that has been up.
Oh, I wouldn't post in their forums, either. They don't take kindly too "noobs" of any kind.
uber pwnage

Next

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories