Halo 1 vs. Halo 2

All other topics other than sports related.

Halo 1 or Halo 2?

Halo 1
38%
Halo 2
63%

Total votes : 24

Postby bisonslayer » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:50 pm

uber pwnage wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:unless you actually play on xbox live you can have no opinion on this, RARELY do people use nOOb combo's anymore, it takes no skill to use.. Halo 2 biggest plus the far superior battle rifle which could own the halo 1 pistol. Halo 2 is over 3 years old i believe and still has a Million people on live all day. Pretty amazing for a game that old.

My oh my, where to start!
-Well first off, the capitalized, bolded, blue font is just plain obnoxious.
-Next, anyone can have an opinion, and although I have played many hours of live, there are plenty of people who have played enough system links to have a great idea of how Halo 2 ranks against its predecessor.
-The Halo: CE pistol is far superior to the battle rifle in Halo 2. It only takes 3 shots for a kill as opposed to the BR's 4 shots. (Not to mention the BR fires 3-shot bursts)
-People still abuse the noob combo all the time, however the noob combo is nothing compared to BXR, double-shooting, and other button combos.

Which is exactly why they got rid of the pistol for Halo 2, whenever my friends and I system linked, even the nubes could kill people with the pistol, by just ringing off abunch of shots, with the BR you cant do that, you have to be 3 for 3 or you 4 or you die, BR overall just takes more skill is what i was gettin at, sorry about the obnoxius letters. it was my first post. Do you play on a 360 or regular xbox?
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonslayer » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:03 pm

anyone play live on halo 2??  i am a 26 on team slayer, which is usually where all the people modd
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby uber pwnage » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:28 am

bisonslayer wrote:
uber pwnage wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:unless you actually play on xbox live you can have no opinion on this, RARELY do people use nOOb combo's anymore, it takes no skill to use.. Halo 2 biggest plus the far superior battle rifle which could own the halo 1 pistol. Halo 2 is over 3 years old i believe and still has a Million people on live all day. Pretty amazing for a game that old.

-Next, anyone can have an opinion, and although I have played many hours of live, there are plenty of people who have played enough system links to have a great idea of how Halo 2 ranks against its predecessor.
-The Halo: CE pistol is far superior to the battle rifle in Halo 2. It only takes 3 shots for a kill as opposed to the BR's 4 shots. (Not to mention the BR fires 3-shot bursts)
-People still abuse the noob combo all the time, however the noob combo is nothing compared to BXR, double-shooting, and other button combos.

Which is exactly why they got rid of the pistol for Halo 2, whenever my friends and I system linked, even the nubes could kill people with the pistol, by just ringing off abunch of shots, with the BR you cant do that, you have to be 3 for 3 or you 4 or you die, BR overall just takes more skill is what i was gettin at, sorry about the obnoxius letters. it was my first post. Do you play on a 360 or regular xbox?

Yeah they got rid of the pistol because it was unbalanced, but now with all of the button combos the BR is way more unbalanced than the pistol ever could be.
What i liked about the pistol is that everyone started out with an equal opportunity.
It was more about strategy than it was about weapon whoring. The BR feels sloppy to me.

I used to play on xbox of course but now i'm all about the 360.
uber pwnage

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:35 am

bisonslayer wrote:anyone play live on halo 2??  i am a 26 on team slayer, which is usually where all the people modd

yes i do
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:04 pm

bisonslayer wrote:anyone play live on halo 2??  i am a 26 on team slayer, which is usually where all the people modd

yeah I have an account and its new so if you want me to boost you just PM me.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:19 pm

grizz wrote:

yeah I have an account and its new so if you want me to boost you just PM me.

what is it grizz
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby MidnightMadness004 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:09 pm

doesnt matter, rS redeye XK was just plain bad, and still is even if he did get a new account he probly wont even get past a 25 because he is so bad it is rediculous.
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy everything else.
MidnightMadness004
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:31 pm

MidnightMadness004 wrote:doesnt matter, rS redeye XK was just plain bad, and still is even if he did get a new account he probly wont even get past a 25 because he is so bad it is rediculous.

wow you sound really good
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby bisonslayer » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:48 am

uber pwnage wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:
uber pwnage wrote:

Yeah they got rid of the pistol because it was unbalanced, but now with all of the button combos the BR is way more unbalanced than the pistol ever could be.
What i liked about the pistol is that everyone started out with an equal opportunity.
It was more about strategy than it was about weapon whoring. The BR feels sloppy to me.

I used to play on xbox of course but now i'm all about the 360.

yea I dont know why I play halo 2 so much when I have 360, doesnt make any sense. Lost Planet and Gears of War just dont compare to halo 2 though.
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:22 am

like i said i pwn kids on live
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby uber pwnage » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:38 am

brownbomber wrote:like i said i pwn kids on live

Do you have GoW?
I'd like put your words to the test.
I'll consider playing you in H2 after the new maps come out because I already promised myself I'd never play it again.
uber pwnage

Postby brownbomber » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:10 pm

uber pwnage wrote:
brownbomber wrote:like i said i pwn kids on live

Do you have GoW?
I'd like put your words to the test.
I'll consider playing you in H2 after the new maps come out because I already promised myself I'd never play it again.

new maps?

I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:30 pm

dude I dont think there will be new maps. I heard that a long time ago but I still haven't heard anything from bungie yet. I think they are all just rumors.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:10 pm

new maps it doesnt matter the map man
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby uber pwnage » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:44 am

brownbomber wrote:new maps it doesnt matter the map man

Yes, it has been confirmed by Bungie a number of times that there will be new maps coming out later this year. A branch of Bungie called Certain Affinity is making them in Texas.

Anyways, the reason I want to wait for the new maps is because H2 has gotten boring and annoying to play and I would need a real good reason to go back to it.
uber pwnage

Postby brownbomber » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:12 pm

why cant you play for the sheer joy and camaraderie and plus man once you get near a 30 you get modded and standbyed ridiculously
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby uber pwnage » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:02 pm

brownbomber wrote:why cant you play for the sheer joy and camaraderie and plus man once you get near a 30 you get modded and standbyed ridiculously

There is no joy or comradery left. Between all the cheating and the screaming 9 year olds theres no time for me to have fun. I only play LAN's now.
uber pwnage

Postby brownbomber » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:09 pm

i still pwn noobs either way
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:19 pm

uber pwnage wrote:Yes, it has been confirmed by Bungie a number of times that there will be new maps coming out later this year. A branch of Bungie called Certain Affinity is making them in Texas.

Anyways, the reason I want to wait for the new maps is because H2 has gotten boring and annoying to play and I would need a real good reason to go back to it.

How about 100 billion dollars?
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby uber pwnage » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:24 pm

grizz wrote:
uber pwnage wrote:Yes, it has been confirmed by Bungie a number of times that there will be new maps coming out later this year. A branch of Bungie called Certain Affinity is making them in Texas.

Yes, that would qualify as a real good reason. ;)
uber pwnage

Postby Strike3? » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:27 pm

uber pwnage wrote:
grizz wrote:

How about for 100 dollars?
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby uber pwnage » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:28 pm

Strike3? wrote:
uber pwnage wrote:
grizz wrote:

Try 10 dollars.

Hey Strike3¿ I haven't heard much from you in here. Are you any good or what?
Last edited by uber pwnage on Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uber pwnage

Postby Strike3? » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:29 pm

uber pwnage wrote:
Strike3? wrote:
uber pwnage wrote:
grizz wrote:

Try 10 dollars.

ok, how about for 10 dollars?
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby uber pwnage » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:30 pm

Strike3? wrote:
uber pwnage wrote:
Strike3? wrote:
uber pwnage wrote:
grizz wrote:

Try 10 dollars.

ok, how about for 10 dollars?

10 dollars!? Heck no!
Last edited by uber pwnage on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uber pwnage

Postby YOUNGWONDER911 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:45 am

i think that the overall story mode on halo 2 sucked... but live play is great, halo 1 story was much better.
YOUNGWONDER911

PreviousNext

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories