Softball

Re: Softball

Postby roughrider125 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:03 am

Todd Stoneking is the head coach this year. As I understand it Tom still will be coaching but wanted to be able to get to more of his son's baseball games.
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby 2008tournement » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:37 pm

I congratulate Tom for having his priorities in the right place!
2008tournement

Postby 2008tournement » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:35 pm

I can't believe FSH adn FNH had a game tonight 4-10-08. Snow and rain, freezing weather and winter storm warnings. Every other sporting event was called off. My hats off to them. I hope these girls get some better weather soon!
2008tournement

Postby Carl08 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:37 am

Shanley beat RR 14 - 0 today in GF...Conant threw a one-hitter and had a couple of hits. Defense was good for deacons as they had no errors.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:09 pm

Hillsboro has a varsity team. They co-op with Norman County West and play a MN schedule.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:44 pm

Flip wrote:Hillsboro has a varsity team. They co-op with Norman County West and play a MN schedule.

There are few Wahpeton girls that have played for Breckinridge. So there is interest outside of the bigger towns.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby EDC » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:56 pm

Go Deacons!!
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:07 am

FSH plays Bismarck High in a double header today. This is Bismarcks first year as a varsity team. It will be interesting to see how they perform. Does anyone know anything about the Bismarck team?
dgfsuperfan1

Postby Carl08 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:36 pm

Shanley plays in a Frazee tournament tomorrow with Perham, Frazee, Rosoe, Wadena, DGF, and a couple of other minnesota teams. It will be a tough test and will give a good indication of how ND softball stacks up against area MN teams.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:28 pm

I spoke to some Bismarck parents tonite over at Mikkelsen. Shanley was supposed to play Bismarck on Saturday but then at last minute changed their minds, even though Bisrmarck had planned the trip and were playing FSH Friday night and staying the night in Fargo. Fortunately Bismarck was able to arrange a double header with Enderlin. Otherwise they would have been staying over night for nothing.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby Carl08 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:17 am

If last minute is the same thing as over a month ago....
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:53 am

Carl08 wrote:Shanley plays in a Frazee tournament tomorrow with Perham, Frazee, Rosoe, Wadena, DGF, and a couple of other minnesota teams. It will be a tough test and will give a good indication of how ND softball stacks up against area MN teams.

Congrats to the Deacons for winning the Frazee tournament!!!
dgfsuperfan1

Postby Flip » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:05 pm

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:Congrats to the Deacons for winning the Frazee tournament!!!

Any other details? I don't know much to anything about the teams in the tournament, except most (maybe all) of the teams are AA teams, mn's middle class.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby 2008tournement » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:35 am

Flip wrote:
dgfsuperfan1 wrote:Congrats to the Deacons for winning the Frazee tournament!!!

Any other details? I don't know much to anything about the teams in the tournament, except most (maybe all) of the teams are AA teams, mn's middle class.

Shanley won the Frazee tourney beating Frazee, Staples-Motley, and DGF.
2008tournement

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Fri May 02, 2008 8:32 am

FSH is playing in the EGF Sacred Heart Tournement this Saturday. They need the playing time. They have had not games since playing WF a week ago. I will be a big test of their pitching. They need to have more than one varsity pitcher.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby Flip » Sat May 03, 2008 9:50 pm

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:FSH is playing in the EGF Sacred Heart Tournement this Saturday. They need the playing time. They have had not games since playing WF a week ago. I will be a big test of their pitching. They need to have more than one varsity pitcher.

Who else was in the tournament? Seems weird South, one of the biggest schools in ND, would go to a tournament at Sacred Heart. Sacred Heart has an enrollement of 109. They went to state last year and brought back their pitcher. According to the high school league site they only have one loss.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Sat May 03, 2008 11:05 pm

Flip wrote:
dgfsuperfan1 wrote:FSH is playing in the EGF Sacred Heart Tournement this Saturday. They need the playing time. They have had not games since playing WF a week ago. I will be a big test of their pitching. They need to have more than one varsity pitcher.

Who else was in the tournament? Seems weird South, one of the biggest schools in ND, would go to a tournament at Sacred Heart. Sacred Heart has an enrollement of 109. They went to state last year and brought back their pitcher. According to the high school league site they only have one loss.

FSH's team needs a lot of work and is playing with three eight graders and one ninth grader on their varsity. They only have one good pitcher who is a sophmore. The other pitchers are an 8th and 9th graders. They have great potential but they need a tournement like this to get playing time in for younger players etc. Their young pitching got pounded in EGF.They lost to Minot in game one 14-4 and their second game to Crookston 18-4. They did not get a third game. At least the sun was shining and there was no snow on the ground.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby Flip » Sun May 04, 2008 2:25 am

So South, Minot, Crookston, I'd assume Sacred Heart. Do you know who else was in it? Or who won it? Thanks
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby 2008tournement » Sun May 04, 2008 10:01 am

Flip wrote:So South, Minot, Crookston, I'd assume Sacred Heart. Do you know who else was in it? Or who won it? Thanks

Sacred Heart
GF Central
Minot
South Fargo
Crookston
Warroad
Devils Lake
Minot Ryan

Sacred Heart over Minot 9-1 for first, Sacred Heart is ranked 4th in Minnesota Class A. Grand Forks Central beat Warroad 4-3 for third in extra innings.
2008tournement

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:31 pm

06/11/2008 Fargo Forum
Softball slated at NDSCS for 2010
Softball is coming to North Dakota State College of Science. The school announced Tuesday that women’s fastpitch softball will be added in 2010, and West Fargo’s Mark Mattson has been hired to coach the team.

This will be another fantastic opportunity for North Dakota Girls!!!!!
dgfsuperfan1

Postby 09beckau » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:48 am

MEGAN RONNIE is by FAR the best softball in the state! she has a cannon from short stop. shes going to dominate players this year!
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:45 am

09beckau wrote:MEGAN RONNIE is by FAR the best softball in the state! she has a cannon from short stop. shes going to dominate players this year!

from where?
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 09beckau » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:23 am

WalkingStick wrote:
09beckau wrote:MEGAN RONNIE is by FAR the best softball in the state! she has a cannon from short stop. shes going to dominate players this year!

from where?

minot... the best town ever! she throws like 105 from short stop. shes going pro no doubt. shes like the derek jeter of softball!
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gobison#6 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:32 pm

Central Cass has a team now for those of you who did not know that. Whoever is talking about that minot chick wow you either are: A. the person B. her best friend C. in love with her. She may be good but she does not need to be talked up that much.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby 09beckau » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:18 am

ok its answer B. but she's legit
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Girls softball