North Star Bearcats

North Star Bearcats

Postby b-man1234 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:39 pm

Those guys have huge watches.
b-man1234
NDPreps Rookie

Re: North Star Bearcats

Postby psb » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:32 am

They aren't watches, they're gps trainers. They can be used as pacing devices and shouldn't be allowed in a race.
psb
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:01 am

psb wrote:They aren't watches, they're gps trainers. They can be used as pacing devices and shouldn't be allowed in a race.

They are legal up until State than they can only use a watch!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Browner » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:17 pm

b-man1234 wrote:Those guys have huge watches.

Thats why they don't run as fast....watches too heavy
"Never underestimate the power of the Schwarz"
Browner
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stallng » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:36 pm

Overrated
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby theman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:22 pm

psb wrote:They aren't watches, they're gps trainers. They can be used as pacing devices and shouldn't be allowed in a race.

I agree.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby b-man1234 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:07 pm

theman wrote:

I agree.

why?
b-man1234
NDPreps Rookie

Postby theman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:05 pm

b-man1234 wrote:
theman wrote:

I agree.

why?

Some people believe that gps trainers are unfair advantages to the runners. I personally believe that all that should be allowed is the mile times that coaches give their runners. I know many runners with the gps watches and they use it to figure out exactly how much is left of the race and what their exact mile pace is. I just don't think that that should be allowed.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:09 pm

theman wrote:
b-man1234 wrote:
theman wrote:

I agree.

why?

Some people believe that gps trainers are unfair advantages to the runners. I personally believe that all that should be allowed is the mile times that coaches give their runners. I know many runners with the gps watches and they use it to figure out exactly how much is left of the race and what their exact mile pace is. I just don't think that that should be allowed.

It won't be for the important races! I'm pretty sure they aren't legal for Regionals and State!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby b-man1234 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:08 pm

If anyone thinks they are that much of an advantage they can just go buy one themselves.
b-man1234
NDPreps Rookie

Postby psb » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:43 pm

If they aren't legal for the "important" races then why are they legal for any race? It seems to me that unfair is unfair. Also, pacing by someone running along side is illegal but isn't this ethically the same thing? Pacing is pacing.

If anyone thinks they are that much of an advantage they can just go buy one themselves.

These things are quite expensive (~$150) for some high school kids and/or their families.
psb
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Browner » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:55 am

b-man1234 wrote:If anyone thinks they are that much of an advantage they can just go buy one themselves.

Thats true....bottom line is you can have all the best training shoes, spikes, watches or whatever-but did you put your time in running, hill repeats, fartlek, and repeats?

My thinking is they will be able to use them at regional's/state. Just like basketball and other hs activities rules. You can't have illegal uniforms through the regular season and then can't use that same uniform at districts, regionals, and state. If it was such a problem they would have made it illegal right away. Bet there is nothing in the rule books on this. Go ahead Bearcats-use them watches. Might have to get me one myself.
"Never underestimate the power of the Schwarz"
Browner
NDPreps Starter

Postby classbxc » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:45 pm

b-man1234 wrote:If anyone thinks they are that much of an advantage they can just go buy one themselves.

this. dont complain that this stuff should be illegal when you can go buy one yourself if it seems unfair. and whats wrong with knowing your pace in a race anyways?
classbxc
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baller24 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Browner wrote:

Thats true....bottom line is you can have all the best training shoes, spikes, watches or whatever-but did you put your time in running, hill repeats, fartlek, and repeats?

My thinking is they will be able to use them at regional's/state. Just like basketball and other hs activities rules. You can't have illegal uniforms through the regular season and then can't use that same uniform at districts, regionals, and state. If it was such a problem they would have made it illegal right away. Bet there is nothing in the rule books on this. Go ahead Bearcats-use them watches. Might have to get me one myself.

you can have different jerseys for xc until regionals and state then they all have to match(as in spandex and stuff)
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Return to Cross Country