Top runners for 2010 season

Top runners for 2010 season

Postby hoops4lyf40 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:43 pm

Who do you think will be the top runners from the East and West for the 2010 season???
hoops4lyf40
NDPreps Starter

Re: Top runners for 2010 season

Postby theman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:47 pm

hoops4lyf40 wrote:Who do you think will be the top runners from the East and West for the 2010 season???

Are you kidding me right now? We are halfway through the 2009 season!!!!!!!!

From the east, you got Harlow, Fischer, and Torrey, North has Shepard, West Fargo has Baltezore and Peterson and Johnson.
In the West, Century has Sether, and I'm sure other teams have good juniors and sophomores this year, but I can't think of them right now.
----Also---- watch Lukas Gemar from Moorhead next year.

But it is still wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to early to be talking about this.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:08 pm

theman wrote:
hoops4lyf40 wrote:Who do you think will be the top runners from the East and West for the 2010 season???

From the east, you got Harlow, Fischer, and Torrey, North has Shepard, West Fargo has Baltezore and Peterson and Johnson.
In the West, Century has Sether, and I'm sure other teams have good juniors and sophomores this year, but I can't think of them right now.

Shanley-Oak Grove has Dana Naylor!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BHSrunner » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:50 pm

theman wrote:

Gemar was a stud last year. He barely beat me at the Griak and he beat me when I was hurt at Nike Regionals. Got my revenge at nationals though.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:20 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
theman wrote:

Shanley-Oak Grove has Dana Naylor!

Yes, my bad that's one of them that slipped my mind.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby theman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:21 pm

BHSrunner wrote:
theman wrote:

Gemar was a stud last year. He barely beat me at the Griak and he beat me when I was hurt at Nike Regionals. Got my revenge at nationals though.

Minnesota Class 2A State Champion as a sophomore. I think he ran a 15:35, which is INSANE.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BHSrunner » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:01 am

theman wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
theman wrote:

Minnesota Class 2A State Champion as a sophomore. I think he ran a 15:35, which is INSANE.

He actually fell at Nike, and still qualified.

And proof of my bum knee.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:59 am

BHSrunner wrote:
theman wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
theman wrote:

I have never and will never understand why hailbails are included in cross country courses. I hate them, but good pic, I would've believed you anyway!
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Browner » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:14 pm

theman wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
theman wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
theman wrote:

I have never and will never understand why hailbails are included in cross country courses. I hate them, but good pic, I would've believed you anyway!

2 things...
First, hay bales have been used and are being used to "enrich" the running experience for all competitors. They are meant to make the course more challenging and add some variety to that particular course. They are usually used at the collegiate level and your bigger national meets. Some race organizers even go to the extent of making man made hills and mud holes on their courses. Most runners don't like them because they can become injured and it makes the course harder.
Second, why are we talking about runners next year when we are only about half way thru this year? Thats like eating a big steak dinner wondering what you are going to eat for the next meal?!
"Never underestimate the power of the Schwarz"
Browner
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:03 pm

Browner wrote:
theman wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
theman wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
theman wrote:

2 things...
First, hay bales have been used and are being used to "enrich" the running experience for all competitors. They are meant to make the course more challenging and add some variety to that particular course. They are usually used at the collegiate level and your bigger national meets. Some race organizers even go to the extent of making man made hills and mud holes on their courses. Most runners don't like them because they can become injured and it makes the course harder.
Second, why are we talking about runners next year when we are only about half way thru this year? Thats like eating a big steak dinner wondering what you are going to eat for the next meal?![/quote
We are talking about runners next season because somebody brought it up. And I've ran high school meets at minot, and they use hay bales and i've never liked it then either.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby theman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:04 pm

If you look at the previous comment, there was something wrong with the quote. Just find where browner's comment ends and mine starts.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Stallng » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:44 pm

Taylor Myrick. 5'4 Sr. from Belcourt
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 3pointChief » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:47 pm

Stallng wrote:Taylor Myrick. 5'4 Sr. from Belcourt

I've heard of her. She will probly take it all.
Bolkan.....for a double bogey?
3pointChief
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:51 pm

3pointChief wrote:
Stallng wrote:Taylor Myrick. 5'4 Sr. from Belcourt

I've heard of her. She will probly take it all.

I hope sr doesn't stand for senior, because then she wouldn't be eligible next season!
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoops4lyf40 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:34 am

ahhh hahaha. true that!!

and next year for the east. Naylor and Radcliffe will be a good battle for the top.
hoops4lyf40
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:39 am

hoops4lyf40 wrote:ahhh hahaha. true that!!

and next year for the east. Naylor and Radcliffe will be a good battle for the top.

Are you kidding me? Shane Harlow will win EDC next year.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BHSrunner » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:43 pm

theman wrote:
hoops4lyf40 wrote:ahhh hahaha. true that!!

Are you kidding me? Shane Harlow will win EDC next year.

with ease.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baitfish » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:47 pm

Radcliffe will be up there if he can stay up there, and stay healthy, he got sick on the day of EDC. Radcliffe might get a solid Top Ten if he stays healthy and puts in the commitment since South wont be as strong next year.
Baitfish
NDPreps Rookie

Postby theman » Sun May 30, 2010 9:22 am

Jake Leingang has this season by a strangle-hold. If he doesn't win, I will be amazed.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby XCcoach » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:08 am

Yeah after seeing Leingang's two mile, he should have no problem winning state cross
XCcoach
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thenextusainbolt » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:39 pm

The next top runner in the East would have to be Paul Shafer. The kid looks fast, is fast, and is getting faster!!!! What's next with the kid?? I have no idea.. We could maybe predict a future career in running and maybe at that in modeling with a sick flow like that.
From the west I would say Jake LEIGANG. Though his rain of terror is going to fall short this coming state meet with the big target painted on his back from last year.
thenextusainbolt
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theman » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:38 pm

thenextusainbolt wrote:The next top runner in the East would have to be Paul Shafer. The kid looks fast, is fast, and is getting faster!!!! What's next with the kid?? I have no idea.. We could maybe predict a future career in running and maybe at that in modeling with a sick flow like that.
From the west I would say Jake LEIGANG. Though his rain of terror is going to fall short this coming state meet with the big target painted on his back from last year.

I appreciate your eloquence, but let me point out some fallacies.
1. Paul will not get a modeling career.
2. Sick flow?
3. In Leingang, not Leigang.
4. Sure he's got a big target painted on his back, but who can stop him?

I would have to agree that Paul is a very talented runner, easily top 3 in the EDC this year, but I don't think I see him beating Shane Harlow this year.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:51 pm

Predicted EDC Top 5
1. Harlow, GFC
2. Sem, FN
3. Mendee, GFRR
4. Shafer, GFC
5. Peterson, WF/Radcliffe, South/Naylors, S-OG (both of them)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby XCcoach » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:48 pm

Waha taking second and beating out Francis, Paul, and Nate is an absolutely stupid prediction, hes practically a sprinter
XCcoach
NDPreps Reserve

Postby i r run » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:35 pm

thenextusainbolt wrote:The next top runner in the East would have to be Paul Shafer. The kid looks fast, is fast, and is getting faster!!!! What's next with the kid?? I have no idea.. We could maybe predict a future career in running and maybe at that in modeling with a sick flow like that.

Are you kidding me, no one is going to touch Jake, especially Shafer, he is a solid 8 and miler, but cross is not his strong area, just because he jake has a "target on his back" doesnt mean kids are going to be able to run with him.

and as for state, bismarck has this one, they are going to have at least 5 kids well under 1645
i r run
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Cross Country