Valley City XC Meet Sept 18/09

Valley City XC Meet Sept 18/09

Postby Browner » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:47 pm

I think this meet is/was called the Blue and White....anyway-does somebody have any news? Who won team wise and indiviudal both B and A...or better yet is there a link?

:?: :?:
"Never underestimate the power of the Schwarz"
Browner
NDPreps Starter

Re: Valley City XC Meet Sept 18/09

Postby theman » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:58 pm

Browner wrote:I think this meet is/was called the Blue and White....anyway-does somebody have any news? Who won team wise and indiviudal both B and A...or better yet is there a link?

:?: :?:

Bismarck dominated the girls and boys class A varsity races. West Fargo surprised by finishing second in the boys race. Brownotter barely won the guys race, and Alissa Mears had a HORRIBLE race. There was a lot of fast times today.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:24 pm

It was extrememly hot during the guys races with little wind, so i would not be surprised if any of the runners who run better towards the end of the year in the cool were slower today. The wind picked up for the girls races and it turned out to be a nice meet. The chute will need to be much longer though at state. People were jammed at the finish line and it took FOREVER to get out of that chute.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby theman » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:00 pm

gobison#6 wrote:It was extrememly hot during the guys races with little wind, so i would not be surprised if any of the runners who run better towards the end of the year in the cool were slower today. The wind picked up for the girls races and it turned out to be a nice meet. The chute will need to be much longer though at state. People were jammed at the finish line and it took FOREVER to get out of that chute.

Not if you were at the front of the race :)
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BHSrunner » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:50 pm

The Bismarck High cross country is really well kept. Our coaches take a ton of pictures, so if you go to another school, you're still probably in a picture.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:58 pm

theman wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:It was extrememly hot during the guys races with little wind, so i would not be surprised if any of the runners who run better towards the end of the year in the cool were slower today. The wind picked up for the girls races and it turned out to be a nice meet. The chute will need to be much longer though at state. People were jammed at the finish line and it took FOREVER to get out of that chute.

Not if you were at the front of the race :)

yeah. but for an average runner like me or even a good runner who placed in a pack and wasnt all by himself out front got jammed at the line
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby BHSrunner » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:15 pm

BHSrunner wrote:The Bismarck High cross country is really well kept. Our coaches take a ton of pictures, so if you go to another school, you're still probably in a picture.

I messed that up. The BHS XC site is updated really fast, and usually has tons of pictures.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dunseith_Runners » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:36 pm

I agree with the chute comment and not everyone is great runner that is out in front. The problem will always be with 30-70 not the top runners. They have to make the chute longer and wider without a doubt. If they don't do this they should not be able to hold another state meet. How tight were the trees about 1/2 mile in WOW!!! There certainly are things that need to addressed and I hope they get done before state is ran.
Dunseith_Runners
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:51 pm

Dunseith_Runners wrote:I agree with the chute comment and not everyone is great runner that is out in front. The problem will always be with 30-70 not the top runners. They have to make the chute longer and wider without a doubt. If they don't do this they should not be able to hold another state meet. How tight were the trees about 1/2 mile in WOW!!! There certainly are things that need to addressed and I hope they get done before state is ran.

I was making a joke, it is true that the chute is a problem. I watched the boys middle school race finish, and in the middle of the pack you would have 4-6 guys finish within a second of each other. It sounded like art class because the judge would scream "Blue, Green, Red, Yellow, Green!" It was almost comical.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:16 pm

Dunseith_Runners wrote:I agree with the chute comment and not everyone is great runner that is out in front. The problem will always be with 30-70 not the top runners. They have to make the chute longer and wider without a doubt. If they don't do this they should not be able to hold another state meet. How tight were the trees about 1/2 mile in WOW!!! There certainly are things that need to addressed and I hope they get done before state is ran.

Cross Country course are meant to be challenging. The trees at about the 1000 meter mark shouldn't even be an issue to address. Some of the turns before that should be addressed and certain areas on the course where fans congregate need to be addressed also to try and find a way of keeping them back. Also for the middle school race there was no line or marking or indicator of any sort to tell them where to cut across. Other than that the course was pretty well marked (however the mile markers were off a bit; but they will fix that by State)!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby theman » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:24 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Cross Country course are meant to be challenging. The trees at about the 1000 meter mark shouldn't even be an issue to address. Some of the turns before that should be addressed and certain areas on the course where fans congregate need to be addressed also to try and find a way of keeping them back. Also for the middle school race there was no line or marking or indicator of any sort to tell them where to cut across. Other than that the course was pretty well marked (however the mile markers were off a bit; but they will fix that by State)!

The mile markers were off? NO.............they were non-existent!!!
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:29 am

theman wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

The mile markers were off? NO.............they were non-existent!!!

well they just drew a line across the path saying that that was the mile...instead of writing or posting the miles on the course...but the 1st mile was 25 meters short and the 2nd mile (girls) was about 25 m off also (so I assume the boys 2 mile was off also). Things will be better by State...Valley City has put on great State meets in the past!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Baller » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:27 am

Does anyone have results of the meet?
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Browner » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:39 am

I heard because the area was so small to run on there was way too many "zig zags" and at state they may be a problem. I predict if that if this is case and with so many runners there are going to be way more disqualifications this year because there were so many turns and when the runners are so packed up that it might be difficult to pass others around corners.
Also, if you are not within 60-90 miles of valley city there are not enough motels to accomadate such a big meet with all the teams and fans. Guarantee you the majority of teams that have to stay overnight will be doing so in another town.
Hope they get all the kinks worked out because the chute is going to be a problem if they don't fix it and there will be a lot of angry coaches.....
Hope very thing runs well come state time :P
"Never underestimate the power of the Schwarz"
Browner
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:58 pm

Baller wrote:Does anyone have results of the meet?

http://www.valley-city.k12.nd.us/jrsrhi ... sults.html
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Dunseith_Runners » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:31 pm

We are staying the night in Fargo for state. That is the closest town we found for rooms.
Dunseith_Runners
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:52 pm

Dunseith_Runners wrote:We are staying the night in Fargo for state. That is the closest town we found for rooms.

Casselton has a nice hotel with an indoor waterpark. Not sure if they have availability for that weekend, but we are only 40 miles from Valley City.

http://www.governorsinnnd.com/
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Cross Country