Christian Brownotter??

Christian Brownotter??

Postby thebigshow » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:07 pm

what does everybody think of this kid?
thebigshow
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Christian Brownotter??

Postby theman » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:15 pm

thebigshow wrote:what does everybody think of this kid?

Good, but not amazing. Joash was way better. So was Collin before him.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Browner » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:50 am

theman wrote:

You kidding? His domination so far is pretty good. Looks like the only person that might be able to beat him is his teammate....
It would be hard to tell if Josh/Collin were "way better"....there are so many intangibles. That is your opinion...and everyone is entitled to that. You can ask 100 people any question and they will not agree because opinions vary. Would be nice to see them race when they were all seniors tho but?.........Whats more impressive is Bismarcks domination of cross country lately.
Christian Brown Otter-State Champ 2009
"Never underestimate the power of the Schwarz"
Browner
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:02 pm

Browner wrote:
theman wrote:

You kidding? His domination so far is pretty good. Looks like the only person that might be able to beat him is his teammate....
It would be hard to tell if Josh/Collin were "way better"....there are so many intangibles. That is your opinion...and everyone is entitled to that. You can ask 100 people any question and they will not agree because opinions vary. Would be nice to see them race when they were all seniors tho but?.........Whats more impressive is Bismarcks domination of cross country lately.

Unless you can show a the time that Brownotter went under 16 at jamestown, I would say he's average compared to past state champs.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Browner » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:05 pm

theman wrote:
Browner wrote:
theman wrote:

Unless you can show a the time that Brownotter went under 16 at jamestown, I would say he's average compared to past state champs.

If thats the case, that doesn't say much for Class A competition this year because he is the best in the state right now. Courses vary, weather conditons are a big factor, injuries are a factor, as is the competition. Some runners run better against certain competition. The bottom line is it's a different year and it's very difficult to measure one runner vs. another in cross-country because of the above factors. You are right they are all good runners but to say someone is "average" that is winning races doesn't make sense. What does that make all the runners that have been beaten by Brown Otter? Opinions vary but I think he's better than average....
"Never underestimate the power of the Schwarz"
Browner
NDPreps Starter

Postby BHSrunner » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:18 pm

People don't really understand how good Joash was I guess....

He absolutely buried all of Christian's thus far.

Joash's rusty bucket: 14:42.
Christian's rusty bucket: 15:35

Joash's Becki Well's: 15:07
Christian's Becki Well's: 16: 01

Joash's QB club race: 15:52
Christian's QB club race: 16:34

It's a no contest.

Joash took 3rd at a National meet, with arguably better competition then footlocker Nationals.

Christian is my boy, but Joash is/was on another level.

oh yeah, Joash ran BY HIMSELF all year. Imagine the times he would have put up if he was racing against kids his caliber.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:30 pm

BHSrunner wrote:People don't really understand how good Joash was I guess....

It's a no contest.

Joash took 3rd at a National meet, with arguably better competition then footlocker Nationals.

oh yeah, Joash ran BY HIMSELF all year. Imagine the times he would have put up if he was racing against kids his caliber.

Correct.
I didn't mean to start a battle about who's better Joash or CBO, but I was just trying to prove a point. Parrish (GFC), Osoro, Slusser (Jamestown, both), and Pat Wolf (New Town) are all examples of kids in the last couple of years who I think are better than CBO.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BHSrunner » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:14 pm

theman wrote:

It's a no contest.

Correct.
I didn't mean to start a battle about who's better Joash or CBO, but I was just trying to prove a point. Parrish (GFC), Osoro, Slusser (Jamestown, both), and Pat Wolf (New Town) are all examples of kids in the last couple of years who I think are better than CBO.

Everybody besides Joash is some what debatable. However, if Pat and Slusser's are on your list, I'll throw me on it, haha.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:18 pm

BHSrunner wrote:
theman wrote:

It's a no contest.

Correct.

Everybody besides Joash is some what debatable. However, if Pat and Slusser's are on your list, I'll throw me on it, haha.

What are you Devin?
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:04 pm

Browner wrote:
theman wrote:

IMO...when your going to talk about how good a kid is. unless he is clearly the best on his team, he deserves no mention in a topic abot discussing the very best. doesnt matter the sport...if your not the best on yor team then your not the best in the game, at any level.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BHSrunner » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:41 am

theman wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
theman wrote:

It's a no contest.

Correct.

What are you Devin?

Yezzir. I think the people in the track forum know who I am, but I guess not the XC forum. I was just messing around though.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:59 pm

BHSrunner wrote:
theman wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
theman wrote:

It's a no contest.

Correct.

What are you Devin?

Yezzir. I think the people in the track forum know who I am, but I guess not the XC forum. I was just messing around though.

Um.........I don't know why people wouldn't know you because you took second at state last year. That's kind of a big deal.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:59 pm

i think he means people on the board know who he is. as in they know its him posting..
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby theman » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:01 pm

baseball wrote:i think he means people on the board know who he is. as in they know its him posting..

Oh ok haha thanks for clearing that up.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BHSrunner » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:51 pm

baseball wrote:i think he means people on the board know who he is. as in they know its him posting..

Yeah that's what I meant.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby opinionated » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:42 am

I think people are thinking average means blahh.... average does not mean blahh....but there have been a lot of great distance runners and when you apply those accomplishments to those "average", but good guys a picture forms.
The BEST in distance in all 4 events
1.Corey Ihmels 1:53.53; 4:08;58, 9:03.65 also 3 time cross country champ only ND to go under 4 minute mile
2.Rob Heen 1:54.89; 4:12.76; 9:12.80 also 2 time cross country champ
3.Joash Osoro 1:58.77; 4:16.41; 9:12.49 also 2 time cross country champ
4.Sam Larson 1:56.80; 4:20.25, 9:24.18 also 2 time cross country champ
There have also been great runners distance runners (800, 1600, 3200, cross champ) like Jeff dude (state cross champ) , Greg Rhode (4:12 and 9:16), Kevin Miiller( 1:55.91; 4:21.02; 9:21.15), Brian McCulley (1:52.02; 4:12; 9:17) ( 2 time cross champ), Corey Wiley (1:56.95; 4:19.41; 9:27.02), Ross Schilling (1:56.42; 4:22.83), and then there was Jory Zunich multiple cross champ but had average 3200 times and nothing great about 800 or mile times he would be considered average. Most runners even though we think they are the "greatest" do not make it into the the "Best" category, this is just reality. I think this was BHS Runners point but he can speak for himself.
I LOVE THE EIGHTIES!
opinionated
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller24 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:04 am

opinionated wrote:I think people are thinking average means blahh.... average does not mean blahh....but there have been a lot of great distance runners and when you apply those accomplishments to those "average", but good guys a picture forms.
1.Corey Ihmels 1:53.53; 4:08;58, 9:03.65 also 3 time cross country champ only ND to go under 4 minute mile
There have also been great runners distance runners (800, 1600, 3200, cross champ) like Jeff dude (state cross champ) , Greg Rhode (4:12 and 9:16), Kevin Miiller( 1:55.91; 4:21.02; 9:21.15), Brian McCulley (1:52.02; 4:12; 9:17) ( 2 time cross champ), Corey Wiley (1:56.95; 4:19.41; 9:27.02), Ross Schilling (1:56.42; 4:22.83), and then there was Jory Zunich multiple cross champ but had average 3200 times and nothing great about 800 or mile times he would be considered average. Most runners even though we think they are the "greatest" do not make it into the the "Best" category, this is just reality. I think this was BHS Runners point but he can speak for himself.

4:13 http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2366286630
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby BHSrunner » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:14 pm

baller24 wrote:
opinionated wrote:I think people are thinking average means blahh.... average does not mean blahh....but there have been a lot of great distance runners and when you apply those accomplishments to those "average", but good guys a picture forms.

4:13 http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2366286630

yeah thats probably a time from sam's freshman year haha. Sam is a baller for sure. 4:13 with no competition.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby jim77 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:17 am

He's the number 1 guy on his team/state. He's also undefeated. His team is ranked 27th in the NATION...and moving up. Not too shabby. He's better than "good"...a lot better. He's also gonna do what NO other person on the "BEST" list has done...go to NXN twice! Ihmels, Heen, Osoro, Larson are faster but, none more important to their team....which is exactly what CC is all about. The Demon train continues to roll!
jim77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:00 am

jim77 wrote:He's the number 1 guy on his team/state. He's also undefeated. His team is ranked 27th in the NATION...and moving up. Not too shabby. He's better than "good"...a lot better. He's also gonna do what NO other person on the "BEST" list has done...go to NXN twice! Ihmels, Heen, Osoro, Larson are faster but, none more important to their team....which is exactly what CC is all about. The Demon train continues to roll!

Yes he's good for the team, but last time I recall, last year with Joash and Devin they scored 17 points.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby jim77 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:04 pm

Why compare Christian to Devin and Joash? Whats the point? They had their time and were darn successful.....This team is capable of placing higher at nationals than the 08 squad did...Both GREAT squads....as the Demon train continues to roll!
jim77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Stallng » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:41 pm

What about him?? Good but the talent pool this year is not what it was in the past. Still a good runner though.
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Cross Country