Top runner next year?

Top runner next year?

Postby Ballingman » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:53 am

Now that Joash is graduating, whos gonna be the top runner next season?
4 A.M we ran a miracle mile
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter

Re: Top runner next year?

Postby stoaxc2004 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:44 pm

Jamison Gehrig and Spencer Uetz from West Fargo will be tough from the EDC. Also, there is Waha Sem from Fargo North and Shane Harlow from GF Central who will be good next season.

The WDA will be looking at Brett Kelly from Bismarck Century and Christian Brown Otter from Bismarck as the top runners in the West.

Anyone else??
stoaxc2004

Postby Ballingman » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:46 pm

stoaxc2004 wrote:Jamison Gehrig and Spencer Uetz from West Fargo will be tough from the EDC. Also, there is Waha Sem from Fargo North and Shane Harlow from GF Central who will be good next season.

The WDA will be looking at Brett Kelly from Bismarck Century and Christian Brown Otter from Bismarck as the top runners in the West.

Anyone else??

Brown otter and Brett Kelly will battle all year...but I think Brett Kelly will prevail.
4 A.M we ran a miracle mile
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigballer » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:31 am

Ballingman wrote:
stoaxc2004 wrote:Jamison Gehrig and Spencer Uetz from West Fargo will be tough from the EDC. Also, there is Waha Sem from Fargo North and Shane Harlow from GF Central who will be good next season.

Anyone else??

Brown otter and Brett Kelly will battle all year...but I think Brett Kelly will prevail.
i agree, Brett Kelly is a legit runner
he happens to have a great kick at the end of each race
bigballer

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:34 am

Kind of hard to say right now, I'll admit it my opinion on this topic is biased because my nephew runs, christian davis from belcourt. he is only a sophmore and already he is really good.
ndbsktbllfan

Postby baller24 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:37 am

ndbsktbllfan wrote:Kind of hard to say right now, I'll admit it my opinion on this topic is biased because my nephew runs, christian davis from belcourt. he is only a sophmore and already he is really good.

did this kid even run at state?
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:20 pm

baller24 wrote:
ndbsktbllfan wrote:Kind of hard to say right now, I'll admit it my opinion on this topic is biased because my nephew runs, christian davis from belcourt. he is only a sophmore and already he is really good.

as a matter of fact, I think he did but remember he is still only a sophmore. by the time he is a senior, maybe you would have heard about him.
ndbsktbllfan

Postby baller24 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:30 pm

ndbsktbllfan wrote:
baller24 wrote:

as a matter of fact, I think he did but remember he is still only a sophmore. by the time he is a senior, maybe you would have heard about him.

i know you are wrong because i looked at the results off of the BHS XC page(http://www2.bhs.bismarck.k12.nd.us/athl ... boys08.htm) and he was not in the results.. and to be the number one runner in the state you need to be running all year long, and be somewhere in the top 20 the year before it is almost a must to become a state power.
next year's top runner will be between brownotter and kelly, I know both of these guys from other sports so there is no hatred here. Kelly has real talent and determination, but his flaw is that he would rather play soccer then run xc. Brownotter, i think, has the strength and kick that could take down kelly but i dont know what all happened at state this year if it was chris peaked early or if kelly just improved that muc hthe alst two weeks. regardless both guys are greta athletes and hopefully they will push each other.

The year after that i am going to say that alex bray or shane harlow because i know shane from track and xc and he is a good guy and works hard and those are two things a runner needs to succeed. Alex i dont really know but he has a lot of potential considering he doesnt get hurt. i know some people think waha sem could but the last two years he has been good all year and then state comes around and he is never in the top 20, granted he will only be a freshman next year but he will be up there, but it wont be till his junior or senior year.
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:47 pm

baller24 wrote:
ndbsktbllfan wrote:
baller24 wrote:

i know you are wrong because i looked at the results off of the BHS XC page(http://www2.bhs.bismarck.k12.nd.us/athl ... boys08.htm) and he was not in the results.. and to be the number one runner in the state you need to be running all year long, and be somewhere in the top 20 the year before it is almost a must to become a state power.
next year's top runner will be between brownotter and kelly, I know both of these guys from other sports so there is no hatred here. Kelly has real talent and determination, but his flaw is that he would rather play soccer then run xc. Brownotter, i think, has the strength and kick that could take down kelly but i dont know what all happened at state this year if it was chris peaked early or if kelly just improved that muc hthe alst two weeks. regardless both guys are greta athletes and hopefully they will push each other.

The year after that i am going to say that alex bray or shane harlow because i know shane from track and xc and he is a good guy and works hard and those are two things a runner needs to succeed. Alex i dont really know but he has a lot of potential considering he doesnt get hurt. i know some people think waha sem could but the last two years he has been good all year and then state comes around and he is never in the top 20, granted he will only be a freshman next year but he will be up there, but it wont be till his junior or senior year.

wow, you obviously know what you are talking about. Ok I am wrong, I dont know much about cross country, I am just proud of him, and in my book, there aint nothing wrong with that. But what you explained is that the rankings at the beginning of the year depends on the last years finish, that is a neat way to start a season. Taking into account that a runner could have gotten hurt during the off season, or gained weight.
ndbsktbllfan

Postby baller24 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:07 pm

ndbsktbllfan wrote:
baller24 wrote:
ndbsktbllfan wrote:
baller24 wrote:

wow, you obviously know what you are talking about. Ok I am wrong, I dont know much about cross country, I am just proud of him, and in my book, there aint nothing wrong with that. But what you explained is that the rankings at the beginning of the year depends on the last years finish, that is a neat way to start a season. Taking into account that a runner could have gotten hurt during the off season, or gained weight.

And you have every right to be very proud of him. You are sayin that he could be the number one runner in the state, which is your opinion and i will not disrespect it but i am stating my facts in saying that i do not believe that he will be the "Top runner next year", as is the name of the topic.. Will he be all-conference, maybe, all depends on how hard he works, but going back to your comment on a runner getting injured or gaining weight, the two guys i talked about are ones who wont take risks thatwill put them in a predicament to get injured and probably will gain weight because they will probably lift and get stronger for next year. My humble opinion
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:56 am

cool, i wish more people had your passion for running. It seems to be gaining popularity slowly. And it sounds like those two runners take their running very seriously, which is good. I wish we had a little more heart toward some of our sports like that up in belcourt and dunseith.
ndbsktbllfan

Postby BHSrunner » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:24 pm

The Champ will be Christian Brownotter. I've ran with the guy for two years, and he is one tough kid. If I was a betting man, my money would be on him.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:18 am

BHSrunner wrote:The Champ will be Christian Brownotter. I've ran with the guy for two years, and he is one tough kid. If I was a betting man, my money would be on him.

question, is there any dark horses in the cross country world. Do you think there will be any this year?
ndbsktbllfan

Postby baller24 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:15 am

ndbsktbllfan wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:The Champ will be Christian Brownotter. I've ran with the guy for two years, and he is one tough kid. If I was a betting man, my money would be on him.

question, is there any dark horses in the cross country world. Do you think there will be any this year?

most likely not.. it will be chirstian or brett..
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby SoccerFAN » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:35 am

what place did brown otter take in state last year
SoccerFAN

Postby stoaxc2004 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:39 pm

Top 2 from WDA
Kelly from Century placed 3rd and Brown Otter placed 5th; 6 seconds apart!!
Top 2 from EDC
Gehrig placed 13th and Uetz 14th both from WF
stoaxc2004

Postby SoccerFAN » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:24 pm

stoaxc2004 wrote:Top 2 from WDA
Kelly from Century placed 3rd and Brown Otter placed 5th; 6 seconds apart!!
Top 2 from EDC
Gehrig placed 13th and Uetz 14th both from WF

6 seconds...wow! it should definatley be interesting watching those to battle it out next season
SoccerFAN

Postby lukeshar » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:16 am

Brent Kemp from Cavalier
lukeshar
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mr.F » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:49 am

agreed on brent kemp. the kid is about 5'7" and he is only 90 pounds. skin and bone. he sprints the mile in track and he should be placed high at state next year
Mr.F
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BHSrunner » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:25 pm

Mr.F wrote:agreed on brent kemp. the kid is about 5'7" and he is only 90 pounds. skin and bone. he sprints the mile in track and he should be placed high at state next year

Sprints the mile? This kid must be a D-1 talent that nobody has heard of.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:40 am

Come on now...let's be serious with this. I've heard of him, I've seen him run and he is not even near the top of Class B. Maybe if he puts the miles in this summer
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby inky » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:34 pm

Justin Many Ribs 3rd this year... He will win state next year and his biggest competition will be from his own schooll!
Favrein to Harvin!
inky
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdog » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:38 pm

Bhs runner and balla are oviously from bhs so they are naturally going to pick brown otter. Take it from an outsider who actually knows the sport, Brett Kelly already has it won.
cdog
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Plays4keeps » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:06 pm

how about francis mendee from gfrr ?
Plays4keeps
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller24 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:52 pm

Plays4keeps wrote:how about francis mendee from gfrr ?

never heard of the kid, what place did he take at state last year?
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Cross Country