2007 Soccer

Postby anderson16 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:14 pm

Gophers9 wrote:
anderson16 wrote:
Gophers9 wrote:Shanley is going to be a very good team this upcoming season, South wil be a dissappointment.

Shanley? they lost their only good player. How come South is going to be a dissappointment? they're always dominant.

Wow, you a dumb. Elias, yes a great player, but Shanley returns there whole defensive 4, which was one of, if not the best in the state last year. You just watch. South took 6th in state last year and lost Doeden, Dahl, Peterson, and Clapp. So losing one good player compared to four, and Shanley beating South last year even. You need to study up boy.

I played against those Shanley players that arent that good. Their not that bad and Shanley will have a good defense that is true. but they can't win games if you can't score pal. you do need to get at least one goal to win. idk if you knew that. And they did not have the best in the state. Yeah i know South lost all those players and they were probably their whole team, but i was just saying that they always lose really good players and then still end up being good.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Gophers9 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:59 am

anderson16 wrote:
Gophers9 wrote:
anderson16 wrote:
Gophers9 wrote:Shanley is going to be a very good team this upcoming season, South wil be a dissappointment.

Shanley? they lost their only good player. How come South is going to be a dissappointment? they're always dominant.

Wow, you a dumb. Elias, yes a great player, but Shanley returns there whole defensive 4, which was one of, if not the best in the state last year. You just watch. South took 6th in state last year and lost Doeden, Dahl, Peterson, and Clapp. So losing one good player compared to four, and Shanley beating South last year even. You need to study up boy.

I played against those Shanley players that arent that good. Their not that bad and Shanley will have a good defense that is true. but they can't win games if you can't score pal. you do need to get at least one goal to win. idk if you knew that. And they did not have the best in the state. Yeah i know South lost all those players and they were probably their whole team, but i was just saying that they always lose really good players and then still end up being good.

If they weren't good last year then how will South be really good this year. Its not like because Shanley lost Elias they will never score. Get your head out of your A$$.
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby anderson16 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:28 pm

Gophers9 wrote:
anderson16 wrote:
Gophers9 wrote:
anderson16 wrote:

If they weren't good last year then how will South be really good this year. Its not like because Shanley lost Elias they will never score. Get your head out of your A$$.
Dude how bout you calm down. All i am saying is don't doubt South, they always come back with good players.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Gophers9 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:31 am

Just face the facts.
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby anderson16 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:54 am

Dude you can't tell me that South isn't always a powerhouse school. They are
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Gophers9 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 pm

They are, MOST years. Next year will maybe be a exception.
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby anderson16 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:33 pm

Alright dude i am not dissagreeing because those guys that they lost were pretty much there whole team and they were really good players. So we'll just see how bad they actually are going to be.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ghetto*revival » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:51 am

gophers is right south lost jus about everyone  and thats gonna hurt them they wont be the worst but deff a under .500 team
ghetto*revival

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:20 pm

i would expect central and north to be the top teams with a good junior class returning for both teams
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby anderson16 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:06 am

Yeah Central only lost 3 senior starters, but they also lost Logan Kuch because he moved to Iowa, so that hurts there midfield a bit.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:36 am

anderson16 wrote:Yeah Central only lost 3 senior starters, but they also lost Logan Kuch because he moved to Iowa, so that hurts there midfield a bit.

i wasnt that impressed with him, brynn seay is good and so is tanner naustad although he seems like a headcase
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby anderson16 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:31 am

sportsman20 wrote:
anderson16 wrote:Yeah Central only lost 3 senior starters, but they also lost Logan Kuch because he moved to Iowa, so that hurts there midfield a bit.

i wasnt that impressed with him, brynn seay is good and so is tanner naustad although he seems like a headcase

Logan isn't that bad and bryn just gets set up that it makes him look so good. Yeah tanner can be a little bit of a freak at times but he is good still.
Last edited by anderson16 on Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby soccer09 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:51 am

chachi_j2007 wrote:Also he played in a different conference so that makes it totally different.

Minot and Shanley played at State....Shanley dealt them their only loss of the tournament 3-1 with Elias scoring 2 goals compared to 1 by the west player. Just worth noting. As far as Miko being "the only good player" didn't Bruckbauer rack up assists like crazy? One great forward doesn't make a team.......

As far as South being a dissapointment, I would say they have an able amount of talent again this year. Their main issues will be the youth and inexperience of the team, along with the fact that they had a slump over the last part of the season where scoring was very hard for them and no obvious amazing attacker. Their sweeper, Redinger, will have to take control of the defense.

Shanley does return all 4 defensive starters, but don't expect all 4 to still be playing defense. At least one of the 4 will be moved to an offensive position... Glogoza is a very capable finisher, making him a likely candidate. Overall I'd say Shanley has the talent and the experience to have a very good run next year.
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby anderson16 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:06 am

Shanley will probably be one of the better teams next year but red River will probably be the best. Like everyone else, they lost some really good players like Marco, Seth, Michael Swingen, and the best goalie in state, Benson. Since Shanley still have a lot of startes they will probably be at least in the top 3 next year.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:06 am

anderson16 wrote:Shanley will probably be one of the better teams next year but red River will probably be the best. Like everyone else, they lost some really good players like Marco, Seth, Michael Swingen, and the best goalie in state, Benson. Since Shanley still have a lot of startes they will probably be at least in the top 3 next year.

this is how i see the edc:

1. central
2. shanley
3. north
4. south
5. red river
6. west fargo
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Gophers9 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:39 am

Shanley played Central in indoor this weekend........14-2 Shanley
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GFRR99 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:30 am

Gophers9 wrote:Shanley played Central in indoor this weekend........14-2 Shanley

indoor means nothing, it is so different from outdoor, it is an advantage to shanley because they have bigger, slower players, and the field is so much smaller it makes it easier for them to get around. shanleys defense will be good next year, but that is where it will stop. they will have a horrible goalie.(pat thomas i think) who has no varisty experience and was not impressive at all in the JV games. although it will be hard to score on them because of there tough 4 defenders, they wont have any offensive fire power to score, so i dont know about them being a 2 seed anymore now that i think about it. i see them tying a lot of games but not getting very far in the end.
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Gophers9 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:04 pm

I hate to tell you this, but Shanley is not a slow team. And Thomas did have Varsity experience surrendering 1 goal in 4 games. He also moved to forward for the last half of the season for the varsity team. Plus Shanley's JV won 3 games. Keepers can't do the work by themselves. If you know anything about soccer.
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GFRR99 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:25 pm

Gophers9 wrote:I hate to tell you this, but Shanley is not a slow team. And Thomas did have Varsity experience surrendering 1 goal in 4 games. He also moved to forward for the last half of the season for the varsity team. Plus Shanley's JV won 3 games. Keepers can't do the work by themselves. If you know anything about soccer.

i know a lot about soccer and have seen thomas play enough to where i know he is most likely going to be the worst goalie in the edc next year. although i guess he'll be better than souths goalie becuase they dont even have one right now.

he doesnt have any athletisicm and looks fairly handicap when he runs. he didnt play much at forward and if he did cause he doesnt have good footskills or speed, he might have a big kick but thats not gonna get him anywhere.

sorry to let you down but pat thomas was not born to have anything to do with soccer
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:25 pm

Gophers9 wrote:I hate to tell you this, but Shanley is not a slow team. And Thomas did have Varsity experience surrendering 1 goal in 4 games. He also moved to forward for the last half of the season for the varsity team. Plus Shanley's JV won 3 games. Keepers can't do the work by themselves. If you know anything about soccer.

i know a lot about soccer and have seen thomas play enough to where i know he is most likely going to be the worst goalie in the edc next year. although i guess he'll be better than souths goalie becuase they dont even have one right now.

he doesnt have any athletisicm and looks fairly handicap when he runs. he didnt play much at forward and if he did cause he doesnt have good footskills or speed, he might have a big kick but thats not gonna get him anywhere.

sorry to let you down but pat thomas was not born to have anything to do with soccer
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby anderson16 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:45 pm

Is there more than one Central team that you know of? Because most of the guys who i played with last year said that there is more than one team and one team is a lot worse than the other. Do you know who the goalie of the Central team was? any of the players on it?
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby anderson16 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:09 am

Gophers9 wrote:Shanley played Central in indoor this weekend........14-2 Shanley

That Central team that played wasn't even the Central team. There was only 1 or 2 people who acutally played for Central on that team. So that is not showing anything about Shanley or Central.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Gophers9 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:23 am

sportsman20 wrote:

May i ask who and when did you see Thomas play.......because you might have been high and he probaly scored more goals than you.
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Gophers9 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:45 am

sportsman20 wrote:

Just another thing....Unathletic? He has been playing varsity athletics since 8th grade. Thomas is a 3 sport athlete at Shanley and is the hockey teams leading scorer. You really aren't getting your facts right, and you probaly have never seen him play. You are just trying to be an man so since you most likely go to South and won't be that good this year, are trying to boost your confidence and get over the fact that Shanley beat you last year and will probaly sweep you this year.
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby VIP Baller » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:29 am

did anyone have more assists last season then zack pulkinen, midfield of minot? he had 14

and also made all-state...i don't think many people think much about him, but he is only a

sophmore this year...but then again maybe because he moved here from idaho last year
VIP Baller
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Soccer