09 State Soccer

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:56 pm

Favrefan4ever wrote:in the east south will struggle a lot losing lots of seniors
usually people fill in but jv was not good this year i look for south to struggle
north will be decent, but they lose quite a few seniors as well including ben albrecht, eliot r, chris james, denis c, and lost lapka during year
wf will be strong again really young look for them to be favorites
shanley pretty young but huge blows losing glogoza and ian l
central will be down losing nagel, chris scott, cano, and sayler
red river loses few seniors and will look better next year

Plus you'll have Davies next fall!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby hardcharger » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:01 pm

gimmesum21 wrote:No East team will win State this year. BHS, St Marys, or CHS will. The capital city has too many good players to let that happen.

boy its a good thing all those good teams from the capital city, didnt let a east team win state
hardcharger
NDPreps Starter

Postby westhockey » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:40 am

Well, three teams from the west placing in the top four isn't all bad. As I indicated earlier, I thought all along that South was the best team from start to finish. However, you can't dispute the success from the West this season.
westhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby United012 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:12 pm

Ballingman wrote:Century vs. South will be the championship game. With Century winning 2 0

got the first part right... haha
United012
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hardcharger » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:44 pm

[quote="westhockey"]Well, three teams from the west placing in the top four isn't all bad. As I indicated earlier, I thought all along that South was the best team from start to finish. However, you can't dispute the success from the West this season.[ /quote]
partner i wasent even refering to your post, but rather addressing gimmesum's post just looking for a comment from him
hardcharger
NDPreps Starter

Postby westhockey » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:14 pm

hardcharge wrote "partner i wasent even refering to your post, but rather addressing gimmesum's post just looking for a comment from him". I know and don't care that you were'nt replying to my post. Just making a legitimate comment.................why get so bent out of shape!
westhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hardcharger » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:37 pm

westhockey wrote:hardcharge wrote "partner i wasent even refering to your post, but rather addressing gimmesum's post just looking for a comment from him". I know and don't care that you were'nt replying to my post. Just making a legitimate comment.................why get so bent out of shape!

who's bent out of shape? just looking to see what gimmesum had to say.
hardcharger
NDPreps Starter

Postby formersoccerplayer » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Let's be honest about two things.

First. BHS vs CHS was the best game of the tournament.

Second. If BHS and CHS are in opposite brackets. They play each other for the championship rather than South and Century.

Congrats to South though for their good tournament and deserved win.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Favrefan4ever » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:59 pm

formersoccerplayer wrote:Let's be honest about two things.

Second. If BHS and CHS are in opposite brackets. They play each other for the championship rather than South and Century.

south won the tourament beating century for the 2nd time
and yes their only loss was to BHS but it was the night after their HOMECOMING
and south looked awful
how can you say they would be in the ship if they were on opposite sides of the bracket
i do agree bhs vs chs was best game of tourney by far
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby hardcharger » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:28 pm

Favrefan4ever wrote:
formersoccerplayer wrote:Let's be honest about two things.

south won the tourament beating century for the 2nd time
and south looked awful
how can you say they would be in the ship if they were on opposite sides of the bracket

touche'
hardcharger
NDPreps Starter

Postby formersoccerplayer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:05 pm

Favrefan4ever wrote:south won the tourament beating century for the 2nd time
and south looked awful

So they were able to beat Century after Homecoming, but not BHS even though the games were played on the same day? Doesn't make much sense to me, if you are going to use that argument.

Plus, having seen the games, BHS didn't play most of their best players in the second half and still won.

It isn't fair to use that game as a measuring stick, but the way BHS played in the tournament, I think South would have struggled to beat them.

It's also fair to say Century didn't get a fair shake at South in the Championship. South had two cake-walk games where they got to rest mentally and physically. Both games were blow-outs. Century had to come from behind twice. Once against an underdog home team with a huge home crowd, and once against their biggest rivals in the penultimate game of the season.

That is the draw of the tournament and I understand that, but South wasn't as dominant as their record makes them out to be. The top three teams in the state were very close, and on any given day I think one of the teams would be better than the other two.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby United012 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:35 pm

Any player knows that the 1st game walking off the bus after a decently long ride is the hardest, mainly because you're still mentally and physically tired. And if you're gonna make the argument saying BHS didn't play some of their best players, South did the same the ENTIRE game against BHS.

The "cakewalk" games you're referring to didn't just happen either. You need to be a dominate team in order to beat teams 6-1 and 6-0. I don't believe any other team at state could've beaten St. Mary's the way South did.

South was just as dominate as their record showed, if not more. South deserved the title, and it's been deserved after being one the top teams (if not the best team) at state for the past 5 years.
United012
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Favrefan4ever » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:56 pm

formersoccerplayer wrote:
Favrefan4ever wrote:south won the tourament beating century for the 2nd time
and south looked awful

So they were able to beat Century after Homecoming, but not BHS even though the games were played on the same day? Doesn't make much sense to me, if you are going to use that argument.

Plus, having seen the games, BHS didn't play most of their best players in the second half and still won.

It isn't fair to use that game as a measuring stick, but the way BHS played in the tournament, I think South would have struggled to beat them.

It's also fair to say Century didn't get a fair shake at South in the Championship. South had two cake-walk games where they got to rest mentally and physically. Both games were blow-outs. Century had to come from behind twice. Once against an underdog home team with a huge home crowd, and once against their biggest rivals in the penultimate game of the season.

That is the draw of the tournament and I understand that, but South wasn't as dominant as their record makes them out to be. The top three teams in the state were very close, and on any given day I think one of the teams would be better than the other two.

they played BHS the first game in the morning they were better prepared the second game
and you say bhs rested their starters so did south so you can't just say bhs backups beat south cause those were souths bakups to
bhs did play well in the tournament but they didn't beat century who south beat in the final so how could you say they would be south although it would have been a very good game cause i know comparing scores isn't a good way to measure teams
century had thier fair shot at south pretty much they had almost 24 hours to recover which is plenty of time and like you said that was how the tournament was set up just goes to show how much deeper the east is than the westafter the top 3 teams although the wests top 3 teams usually from bismarck could all contend with the top east teams and this year were better than the 2-4 east teams
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Soccer