09 State Soccer

09 State Soccer

Postby Ballingman » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:06 am

Who do you guys have winning state this year?
4 A.M we ran a miracle mile
User avatar
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby Favrefan4ever » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:34 pm

Ballingman wrote:Who do you guys have winning state this year?

hard to say cause there may be favorites but upsets happen
shanley over st. mary's
north over south
i think everyone except 4th seed from west has a chance (assuming bismarck high is 3rd seed)
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
User avatar
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby Baller » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:52 am

North isn't even in the state tournament this year.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
User avatar
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1750
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: Eastern North Dakota, ,

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby soccer09 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:22 pm

he was referring to last year i think--
and for last year shanley over st mary's was only an upset to people who kept discounting shanley..... they tied at the west fargo crossover that year, and the 2 seed from the east beating the west 1 is hardly an upset. However, your point holds true- upsets can always happen. this year the winner could come from almost anywhere
soccer09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:00 pm

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby formersoccerplayer » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:41 pm

I have Century winning it. They have been consistently good all year. They haven't given me a reason not to pick them.

Every team has a chance to win it, except for Mandan/Minot from the West. Though they might surprise and win at least one game.

I wouldn't pick BHS or Shanley, too inconsistent.
I wouldn't pick South, because in past years they have shown to have letdowns at state.
I wouldn't pick WF, no state experience.
I wouldn't pick Central, dominated by BHS and CHS up in GF.
I wouldn't pick St. Mary's, playing on turf hides their many flaws.
I wouldn't pick Mandan/Minot, because that's just unreasonable.

By the way, and this is just one man's opinion. But playing state in Jamestown might be the stupidest soccer-related decision in a long time. There aren't enough hotel rooms and the fields are third-world when compared to Bismarck, GF, Mandan, or Fargo. Poor decision.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:49 am

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby United012 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:32 pm

I still have south winning it just for the fact they beat century in bismark, not an easy task.
Besides the fact that just beacause theyve been inconsistent previous years doesnt mean they cant play well this year.
User avatar
United012
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:35 am

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby gimmesum21 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:13 pm

No East team will win State this year. BHS, St Marys, or CHS will. The capital city has too many good players to let that happen.
He is going the distance, he is going for speed.
gimmesum21
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:49 pm

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby formersoccerplayer » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:34 am

gimmesum21 wrote:No East team will win State this year. BHS, St Marys, or CHS will. The capital city has too many good players to let that happen.


Agreed. Especially about CHS and BHS. SM will only win on sheer effort, as they have like 3 good players and 2 average players and the rest are just bleh.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:49 am

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby footbrawl » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:57 pm

United012 wrote:I still have south winning it just for the fact they beat century in bismark, not an easy task.
Besides the fact that just beacause theyve been inconsistent previous years doesnt mean they cant play well this year.


But they also lost to BHS 3 1 and the last east-west games never mean anything because neither team wants to show the other team their best stuff
User avatar
footbrawl
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby United012 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:44 pm

Its agreed the west have 3 very strong teams coming out of Bismark. but the east still has 4 pretty strong teams coming in shanley, wf, central, and south. all can compete with the 3 west teams, so i dont think its accurate to say that its automatically be from the west...
User avatar
United012
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:35 am

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby formersoccerplayer » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:34 pm

Here is how the brackets will look...

Fargo South vs Mandan

St. Mary's vs Shanley/WF



Century vs Shanley/WF

GF Central vs BHS
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:49 am

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby United012 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:39 am

Well WF still has 3rd place in the east now. so if im not mistaken, its

St. Mary's vs WF
and
Century vs Shanley
User avatar
United012
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:35 am

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby formersoccerplayer » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:28 am

United012 wrote:Well WF still has 3rd place in the east now. so if im not mistaken, its

St. Mary's vs WF
and
Century vs Shanley


Correct.

Updated brackets would be...

South vs Mandan
St. Marys vs WF

Century vs Shanley
Central vs BHS
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:49 am

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby Ballingman » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:02 pm

Century vs. South will be the championship game. With Century winning 2 0
4 A.M we ran a miracle mile
User avatar
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby soccer09 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:11 pm

something not being brought up: arent jamestowns fields still absolutely HORRIBLE?
soccer09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:00 pm

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby footbrawl » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:10 pm

soccer09 wrote:something not being brought up: arent jamestowns fields still absolutely HORRIBLE?


yeah there terrible.. i dont know how or why state soccer is being held there
User avatar
footbrawl
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby soccer09 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:15 pm

Tournament moved to Shanley's field!
soccer09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:00 pm

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby Favrefan4ever » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:07 pm

century 2-1 over shanley
bismarck 3-0 over central
south 6-0 over mandan
west fargo and st marys game in progress
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
User avatar
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby soccer09 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:53 pm

who won the last match?
soccer09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:00 pm

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:58 pm

soccer09 wrote:who won the last match?


St. Mary's won 2 to 1 in a Shootout
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10902
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:59 pm

Century defeated Bismarck High 2-1 in 2 Overtimes
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10902
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby United012 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:33 pm

south defeats st. marys 6-1
User avatar
United012
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:35 am

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby United012 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:32 am

FSH BRUINS STATE CHAMPS! Beats century 1-0
User avatar
United012
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:35 am

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby westhockey » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:46 am

A few points to make. Shanley / F.South did a great job hosting this event with only 18 hours advance notice. The new Shanley complex will be an outstanding facility once it's completely finished.

Going into the tourney, I thought South and Century were the two best teams. They are very skilled teams but I think South with their senior group carried them through the championship game. The South keeper was a little suspect going in but the kid stepped up in the second half and kept Century off the board.

The rest of the teams were playing for third and fourth. In my opinion, W Fargo, GF Central, Shanley, St. Mary's, and BHS were very equal. Mandan was a little bit weaker than the rest but it was nice to see them make the dance for the first time in school history.

2010 will be interesting. Things will shake up a little bit in the West..............I won't comment on the East because I would only be guessing. BHS will be extremely solid next year. They only lose two seniors and they gain Patrick Fernandez. BHS will be favored going in. CHS still solid but lose a number of seniors. However, they are loaded with Freshman and Sophomores that step in and contribute. St. Mary's will be better up front but have some holes to fill at D. Mandan will struggle losing some key seniors, Minot will compete and improve, and Jamestown...........I'm sorry to say, Jamestown will continue to struggle.
westhockey
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:41 am

Re: 09 State Soccer

Postby Favrefan4ever » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:22 pm

in the east south will struggle a lot losing lots of seniors
usually people fill in but jv was not good this year i look for south to struggle
north will be decent, but they lose quite a few seniors as well including ben albrecht, eliot r, chris james, denis c, and lost lapka during year
wf will be strong again really young look for them to be favorites
shanley pretty young but huge blows losing glogoza and ian l
central will be down losing nagel, chris scott, cano, and sayler
red river loses few seniors and will look better next year
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
User avatar
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:52 pm

Next

Return to Soccer

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest