'09 Mr. Soccer

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby crosscountry » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:37 pm

formersoccerplayer wrote:The west teams don't have a ton of seniors.

BHS, for instance, only has 2 seniors on the Varsity team.

St. Mary's only has 2 seniors of note.

CHS has 3-4 seniors of note.

The rest of the teams...well...how can I be nice?


Name the 4 seniors of note at century.. because that seems a little much
Aaannd boom goes the dynamite
User avatar
crosscountry
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby formersoccerplayer » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:47 am

Favrefan4ever wrote:who besides frenzel is in the running for mr. soccer from the west


Well. It's not much of a race, but other possible candidates other than Frenzel would be...

BHS - Kaleb Graham, Shane Kuntz
CHS - David Marcis, Nick Anderson
SMCHS - Jordan Bartsch

It's going to be Frenzel though. No doubt.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:49 am

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby Favrefan4ever » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:19 pm

formersoccerplayer wrote:
Favrefan4ever wrote:who besides frenzel is in the running for mr. soccer from the west


Well. It's not much of a race, but other possible candidates other than Frenzel would be...

BHS - Kaleb Graham, Shane Kuntz
CHS - David Marcis, Nick Anderson
SMCHS - Jordan Bartsch

It's going to be Frenzel though. No doubt.

i see thanx
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
User avatar
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby formersoccerplayer » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:14 pm

crosscountry wrote:
formersoccerplayer wrote:The west teams don't have a ton of seniors.

BHS, for instance, only has 2 seniors on the Varsity team.

St. Mary's only has 2 seniors of note.

CHS has 3-4 seniors of note.

The rest of the teams...well...how can I be nice?


Name the 4 seniors of note at century.. because that seems a little much


Frenzel, Marcis, Anderson, Kelly
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:49 am

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby formersoccerplayer » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:40 pm

Kaleb Graham won Mr. Soccer from the West Region. Kind of shocking...but not undeserving. Kaleb is a good player and good kid.

Alex Nagel won Mr. Soccer from the East Region. Don't know much about him, decent player I am sure.

Let the campaigning begin!!!

:D
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:49 am

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby United012 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:31 am

Same w/ nagel. It's really suprising, I was expecting Orson from South to be honest. But Nagel really was one of the biggest reasons Central had the kind of season they did i guess...
User avatar
United012
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:35 am

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby United012 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:42 pm

formersoccerplayer wrote:Kaleb Graham won Mr. Soccer from the West Region. Kind of shocking...but not undeserving. Kaleb is a good player and good kid.

Alex Nagel won Mr. Soccer from the East Region. Don't know much about him, decent player I am sure.

Let the campaigning begin!!!

:D


formersoccerplayer, where did you get this info and are you 100% sure about the results? just seems a little early for them to be announcing Mr. Soccer...
User avatar
United012
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:35 am

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby Baller » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:43 pm

United012 wrote:
formersoccerplayer wrote:Kaleb Graham won Mr. Soccer from the West Region. Kind of shocking...but not undeserving. Kaleb is a good player and good kid.

Alex Nagel won Mr. Soccer from the East Region. Don't know much about him, decent player I am sure.

Let the campaigning begin!!!

:D


formersoccerplayer, where did you get this info and are you 100% sure about the results? just seems a little early for them to be announcing Mr. Soccer...


They were named Senior athlete of the year for their respective regions.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
User avatar
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1743
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: Eastern North Dakota, ,

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby soccer09 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:16 am

alex nagel got senior athlete of the year in the east? This seems odd-- Glogoza or Orson have both done more. This is the problem I have with senior athlete of the year-- if, when playing a team, you would be far more worried about a player than the one chosen as senior athlete, than the wrong choice was made. Nagel may be a good player, but you gameplan for glogoza. Same thing as last year....but as always, the State Championship is the real prize.
soccer09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:00 pm

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby formersoccerplayer » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:32 am

soccer09 wrote:alex nagel got senior athlete of the year in the east? This seems odd-- Glogoza or Orson have both done more. This is the problem I have with senior athlete of the year-- if, when playing a team, you would be far more worried about a player than the one chosen as senior athlete, than the wrong choice was made. Nagel may be a good player, but you gameplan for glogoza. Same thing as last year....but as always, the State Championship is the real prize.


I have always been under the impression that Senior Athlete of the Year is given to someone who excels on and off the field.

Then awards like First-Team All State and Gatorade Player of they Year are awarded to strictly on-field performances.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:49 am

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby anderson16 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:47 am

formersoccerplayer is right. Senior Athlete is on AND off the field. Alex is a 4.0 student as well as a great soccer player.
User avatar
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:21 am
Location: Grand Forks, North Dakota

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby soccer09 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:11 pm

same applies for glogoza so theres no reason for nagel to have won-- i dont know about orsons academics, but either way soccer should be the main factor.
soccer09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:00 pm

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby Favrefan4ever » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:51 pm

soccer09 wrote:same applies for glogoza so theres no reason for nagel to have won-- i dont know about orsons academics, but either way soccer should be the main factor.

orson is also a good student not sure if he has a 4.0 but definately like a 3.8 or higher
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
User avatar
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby gopherguy17 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:46 pm

anderson16 wrote:formersoccerplayer is right. Senior Athlete is on AND off the field. Alex is a 4.0 student as well as a great soccer player.


Glagoza also has a 4.0.
gopherguy17
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:16 pm

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby grappler15 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:35 am

what i find pathetic is how kylan stecher of St. Marys could PWN kaleb graham and the WDA coaches cant even put him on an all-WDA team. and last year, Zach Pulkinen of Minot (BY FAR best player in the state) didn't even make all-state.
grappler15
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby soccer09 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:02 pm

there were plenty of better players than pulkinen, but perhaps allstate was warranted. idk. the bigger issue is that the coaches made a bad soccer choice.
soccer09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:00 pm

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby footbrawl » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:11 pm

Kaleb grahm who won west region player of the year isnt even on first team all state which makes zero sense to me
User avatar
footbrawl
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby formersoccerplayer » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:33 pm

Again.

Senior Athlete of the Year is an on the field and off the field thing. Graham is a good player, and does a lot of stuff off the field.

All-State is based purely on soccer and on-the-field actions. Stecher doesn't make it because of his on-the-field actions most of the time. Pulkinen was the same reason.

Remember there is only a certain number of kids that can be voted onto each team. There were a few kids that made second team all state, that might have deserved first team. Most notably goalscorers like Nick Anderson and Matt Kessler.

There are a ton of factors that play into the selections, and in the end, they are just the opinions of the coaches. It's not that big of a deal.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:49 am

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby grappler15 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:04 am

formersoccerplayer wrote:Again.

Senior Athlete of the Year is an on the field and off the field thing. Graham is a good player, and does a lot of stuff off the field.

All-State is based purely on soccer and on-the-field actions. Stecher doesn't make it because of his on-the-field actions most of the time. Pulkinen was the same reason.

Remember there is only a certain number of kids that can be voted onto each team. There were a few kids that made second team all state, that might have deserved first team. Most notably goalscorers like Nick Anderson and Matt Kessler.

There are a ton of factors that play into the selections, and in the end, they are just the opinions of the coaches. It's not that big of a deal.


i beg to differ these reasons, because alex paulson had zero class. i know his roommate this year who caught him watching his high school soccer highlights, oh and hes a sophomore in college. did i mention hes a sophomore in college? long live the high school dream!
grappler15
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby Hinsa » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:25 pm

What do you mean "caught" him watching high school highlights? You've never looked back on your old highlights, if you have any? What's the big deal about that????? Geez, you'd think his roomy caught him doing...well...I can't go there on this board.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
User avatar
Hinsa
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:53 am
Location: THE Red River Valley Conference

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby Ballingman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:35 pm

I dont think paulson won senior athlete of the year.. Didnt that berger kid from jamestown win it?
4 A.M we ran a miracle mile
User avatar
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby trigger » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:36 pm

Ballingman wrote:I dont think paulson won senior athlete of the year.. Didnt that berger kid from jamestown win it?

I think your right, the kid from Jamestown did win that year. Which further illustrates it is more than what you do on the field. As I recall berger may not have been the best player, his selection to the ?ODP regional team and other non ND play was his ticket to senior athlete of the year. Paulson was good the whole year, and unbelievable in the state tourney, he beat Bismarck all by himself in the state championship game. I am guessing he had more highlights in that one game than berger did the whole senior year playing for Jamestown
trigger
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:05 pm

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby bin128 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:32 pm

Paulson was a great goal scorer. Perhaps he was wishing he was playing in college while watching his HS highlight reel- like Boerger, who is starting in goal for Div. I University of Evansville. Evansville played live on Fox Soccer a couple weeks ago. Nice to see a ND player doing well at the next level.
bin128
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:34 pm

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby Mr.F » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:02 pm

tanner olason
Mr.F
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:17 am

Re: '09 Mr. Soccer

Postby formersoccerplayer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:22 pm

Ballingman wrote:I dont think paulson won senior athlete of the year.. Didnt that berger kid from jamestown win it?


Yeah Phil Boerger won it, but I think Paulson won Gatorade POY, which is a different award.

---------

RE Everyone:

Either way. Awards can get ridiculous because of the politics, rivalries, and favorites played by coaches.

If you don't think coaches have favorites on and off their own teams, then you never played a high school sport.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:49 am

Previous

Return to Soccer

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest