Class B Golf 2007

Postby feeshattack » Thu May 17, 2007 2:17 pm

Region 7

New Salem, Killdeer, Trinity are all going to state as a team

Jacob Wheeling was the medalists and senior athlete of the region shooting a 69 today
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Tu-Big » Fri May 18, 2007 5:55 am

feeshattack wrote:Region 7

New Salem, Killdeer, Trinity are all going to state as a team

Jacob Wheeling was the medalists and senior athlete of the region shooting a 69 today

I think this region is one of the most dominating golf regions in the state, after wheeling it was Chad Marshall with a 71, but he was disqualified for not finishing his round off with a collared shirt on, he took it off on the 17th green because it was so hot out, but a rule is a rule i guess...hazen would have won the region had he not been dq'd and still would have made it as a team but another kid got dq'd for not taking a penalty for talking on his cell phone, then signing the wrong score card. he shot a 76 i believe without the penalty, so technically would have shot a 78...tough break for the bison. New salem snuck in once again with a great showing on the last day of the regional tourney, they did the same thing last year and just have a knack for playing under pressure to get to state.
Tu-Big

Postby Thunder66 » Fri May 18, 2007 5:58 am

what course was this on? and does anybody know anything about the other 3 regions?
Thunder66

Postby feeshattack » Fri May 18, 2007 6:41 am

is was at Heart River in Dickinson
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gmac90 » Fri May 18, 2007 6:46 am

Thunder66 wrote:what course was this on? and does anybody know anything about the other 3 regions?

Region 5 was played at the Heart River Golf Course in Dickinson.  New Salem shot 317, followed by Killdeer's 318 and Dickinson Trinity's 324.

This is clearly the most dominant region for golf in the state, team wise and with individuals.  Beulah and Hazen were probably two of the best teams in the state, and they didn't even qualify as a team, although they each qualified four individuals.

In Region 1, Napolean was the champion with a 374, followed by Edgeley-Kulm's 381, and Lisbon's 390.  Eric Paul of Linton was the medalist with an 84.  Region 1 was played at Linton.
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby gmac90 » Fri May 18, 2007 6:48 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:looks to me like the west is where the best golfers are at...seems like there are 4 to 5 solid golfers in the west that could  challenge for a state title......cletus foote's name hasn't even been mentioned...other than "has anybody heard about cletus foote?"  I still believe New Salem will put it all together at the right time and post a team score around 316 to win the region.....rumor also had it Schultz shot a 63 on his home course(30-33), so his game is starting to finally come together....

Good call, except you were off by a stroke.
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby Weezy Baby » Sat May 19, 2007 6:08 am

i see region 1 scores and they are really bad. is region 5 the only good region? an 84 as medalist? WOW. that really bad. hows oak grove? any other teams out there that can compete for the team title?
Weezy Baby

Postby Thunder66 » Sat May 19, 2007 8:51 am

I wouldn't say region 5 is the only good one, they're just very very good and make some other regions that would generally be pretty good look very average
Thunder66

Postby feeshattack » Sat May 19, 2007 9:43 am

Thunder66 wrote:I wouldn't say region 5 is the only good one, they're just very very good and make some other regions that would generally be pretty good look very average

no region 5 is the only good one
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby feeshattack » Sat May 19, 2007 9:44 am

from the looks of it... region 5's top golfer could spot any other regions top golfer a stroke a hole and still beat them
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bcourtbraves » Sat May 19, 2007 1:08 pm

St. John = Region 4 Champs
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby Weezy Baby » Sat May 19, 2007 6:12 pm

good 4 st joh. i bet they sweet like a 362 to win it huh...
Weezy Baby

Postby RazorsEdge » Sun May 20, 2007 2:41 pm

What Tees will they be using at The Links?
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby feeshattack » Sun May 20, 2007 4:13 pm

i am pertty sure they will be tee 3
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bobbyjones » Sun May 20, 2007 5:27 pm

For North West Conference they used the #4 tees but then for regionals they used the #3 tees.  So my guess is they will probably use the #4s

bobbyjones
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bobbyjones » Sun May 20, 2007 5:30 pm

The girls play at Eagle Ridge right? how is there course?
bobbyjones
NDPreps Reserve

Postby countychamps 87-88 » Mon May 21, 2007 1:44 am

cletus is not playn this year, hear he got kicked out of school.
countychamps 87-88

Postby countychamps 87-88 » Mon May 21, 2007 1:45 am

mr foote not playing kicked out of school. [user=495]gmac90[/user] wrote:
bigpoppakdog wrote:looks to me like the west is where the best golfers are at...seems like there are 4 to 5 solid golfers in the west that could  challenge for a state title......cletus foote's name hasn't even been mentioned...other than "has anybody heard about cletus foote?"  I still believe New Salem will put it all together at the right time and post a team score around 316 to win the region.....rumor also had it Schultz shot a 63 on his home course(30-33), so his game is starting to finally come together....

Good call, except you were off by a stroke.
countychamps 87-88

Postby Tu-Big » Mon May 21, 2007 5:56 am

countychamps 87-88 wrote:cletus is not playn this year, hear he got kicked out of school.

Was he any good anyways? Did he do anything at state last year? I remember hearing his name every now and then, but i dont remember if he was all-state.
Tu-Big

Postby Weezy Baby » Mon May 21, 2007 2:42 pm

no he wasnt all-state. he was overrated in evryway possible kinda like killdeer. haha jkjk.
Weezy Baby

Postby Tu-Big » Tue May 22, 2007 7:36 am

Weezy Baby wrote:no he wasnt all-state. he was overrated in evryway possible kinda like killdeer. haha jkjk.

haha, killdeer won their first four meets in a row this year...Come on, overrated? haha. Yeah i remember seeing him play up a Stanley for a meet and i didnt think he was anything special, i think he shot a 80 somethin...and if he's that good he'd shoot better than that at Stanley...
Tu-Big

Postby linksman » Tue May 22, 2007 5:17 pm

Eagle Ridge has the same slope rating as "The Links", however, half of their greens died out when it got down to 0 degrees around Easter.   The boys will be playing from the Threes, or from the back  twos if it is really windy.
linksman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bobbyjones » Wed May 23, 2007 5:39 am

I heard they dyed the greens at Eagle Ridge so they actually look green. What a joke
bobbyjones
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gmac90 » Wed May 23, 2007 6:17 am

Time for predictions.  Who's gonna win it all?
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby bobbyjones » Wed May 23, 2007 7:47 am

Boys individual will be Jacob Wheeling and team will be Oak Grove. Girls team will be Watford City but the individual is a toss up between Paige Anderson, Krista Lambrecht, Briana Langowski, and Molly Swanston.
Last edited by bobbyjones on Wed May 23, 2007 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbyjones
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Golf