Class B Golf 2007

Postby kitty » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:14 am

project-pat wrote:
kitty wrote:
Weezy Baby wrote:how did new salem do as a team? hahahaha i expected more from the region 5 champs. garret is amazing tho, i must say

It doesn't help when two of the four players they have that are capable of shooting 70's have the worst rounds of their year and shoot mid 90s. 

I realize that the New Salem team relies on Garrett heavily, but there's no need to crap on the team because of one person's comments on an internet forum.

good teams can shoot well when it really counts...and good teams also do not rely on one player to carry them.

So what are you trying to say; that we are a good team because we came through at regionals to take home a win (and I realize that were it not for some rules infringements, Hazen would have won the region), or that we are a bad team because we're not as stacked as Buelah and Hazen?   And perhaps saying that we rely on Garrett heavily was a bit off; he is not the only one to have won a varsity golf tourney this year from our team.  Jordan shoots low 80's to upper 70's consistently, as does Jared.  A streaky 4th spot, and the fact that their 5th spot didn't break 90 (and their 6th spot broke 100 twice) this year has kept them from the top spot on a number of occasions.

I know we played like total crap at state, I just think that there are better ways for Weezy Baby to talk back to bigpoppakdog without laughing at our performance at state, which is entirely disrespectful.  I've talked with the rest of the team; bigpoppakdog doesn't play for New Salem, nor is he a student at New Salem High, though he does live in the area.  I'm not trying to start an e-battle here, I just think that there are other ways for Weezy Baby to talk back to bigpoppakdog. 
kitty

Postby project-pat » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:25 am

um...A couple posts before you said "I know the New Salem team reliles on Garrett heavily" and now you are saying that you guys don't....Can you please make up your mind before you try defending yourself.
project-pat

Postby kitty » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:00 pm

project-pat wrote:um...A couple posts before you said "I know the New Salem team reliles on Garrett heavily" and now you are saying that you guys don't....Can you please make up your mind before you try defending yourself.

Oh please, I know you understood what I meant.  Quit being a ........, aha.  We rely on Garrett's score in the sense that if he shoots 80 or worse we're probably not gonna win.  Then again, my score tends to be the deciding factor more often than not because normally I'm the one shooting the highest score we have to take.  Basically, I retracted my last statement saying we rely upon Garrett heavily.  I didn't think that would be too hard to understand.

If I shot low 80's consistently, we'd have done a lot better as a team.  Turns out, I didn't do that this year.  I believe I've been a source of frustration for the team throughout the year, though nothing was ever mentioned to me. 

You know, before I wouldn't really care about people making jibes about the team.  I guess I'm just in an edgy mood.  Peace guys, I'm out.
Last edited by kitty on Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kitty

Postby Weezy Baby » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:15 pm

boo hooo. u guys were overrated as a team. garret was good u guys were lucky
Weezy Baby

Postby kitty » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:11 pm

Weezy Baby wrote:boo hooo. u guys were overrated as a team. garret was good u guys were lucky

So after the "good lucks" to you and your team, this is what I receive in return?  Nice.  I guess my 'good lucks' turned out well in the end; Trinity went to state while Hazen's excellent performance was flipped up-side down in a ruling controversy, and Buelah's consistency suddenly collapsed. 

I was told of a few comments of yours about some of the members of our team.  I figured it was just rumors, but now I'm not so sure.  Regardless, I'm done with highschool sports, so there's really no need for me to be hanging around here anymore, fueling more debate. 

As I am aware, your team is still young, so there is good potential in the coming years.  Therefore, in closing, and in all honesty, good luck to you and your team in 2008. 
kitty

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:04 pm

Ok, I guess some people figured out I was from New Salem and that my opinion was skewed.....so skewed that my two predictions came true...I predicted their team score within 1 stroke...alot more impressive than all you other guys and your posts....I did not predict anything about New Salem as a team in State. It just shows that I analyze things a little better and don't just spout off at the mouth because I'm behind a computer.  But, many of you are saying they are overrated.....look back the past 4 years and see how consistent New Salem has been....to say they were overrated is to also say Hazen, Trinity and even Killdeer is overrated...New Salem has been at the top for the past several years.....takes more than Garrett to say that.  I will even make another prediction...take note you other bloggers....New Salem will be back as a team for the next few years.....and one of the top golfers in the Region next year will also be from New Salem...if he gets some assistance like Garrett did a couple years ago....New Salem could have a region champ for 3 years running.  New Salem is also very aware that they were Region Champs by some luck.....but to knock them in state and not KNOCK YOURSELVES for putting YOUR TEAMS in the position they finished is cowardly.  Instead of knocking New Salem, why not knock those who chose to use cell phones, and show off their muscular bodies....seems to make more sense to me, afterall it was their performances that caused shamed to their teams.

Congratulations New Salem, I along with the rest of the community are proud of your accomplishments.
bigpoppakdog

Postby Jwall512 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:14 pm

Weezy Baby wrote:boo hooo. u guys were overrated as a team. garret was good u guys were lucky

thats crap to shoot a 317 at regionals you have to average an 80 per golfer and garrett only shot a 76 so that means that everybody had to play well to shoot 317 so to say that New Salem is ovverrated is boggus.
Stupid is as Stupid does

-Forrest Gump
Jwall512
NDPreps Starter

Postby Weezy Baby » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:15 pm

im sorry. i was just a lil frustrated. they werent overrated. i guess they just colapsed at state which can happen to even the best team. sorry.

i would like to hear some of those rumors or w/e u were talkin about tho.
Weezy Baby

Postby Weezy Baby » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:16 pm

actually never mind. i really could care less. maybe i did say things maybe i didnt think what you want. not like it matters.
Weezy Baby

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:13 pm

It does matter what you say...I think very highly of someone who can apologize for their past remarks as being out of frustration......nice to see....
bigpoppakdog

Postby Weezy Baby » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:07 pm

thx
Weezy Baby

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:54 am

Lets just look forward to watching next year with how good some of those 8th and 9th graders from out West are going to be
Last edited by Claz B Fan on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby feeshattack » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:52 pm

yea they are going to be in the PGA
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Weezy Baby » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:40 pm

probably. 72 is freakish for that day.
Weezy Baby

Postby Jwall512 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:17 pm

a 72 by any eighth grader on any day is freakish

Stupid is as Stupid does

-Forrest Gump
Jwall512
NDPreps Starter

Postby porter_55 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:34 pm

feeshattack wrote:yea they are going to be in the PGA

the PGA is pushin it,  state champ is more reasonable, i'd like to see their high school career before we start putting them on that level.
porter_55

Postby feeshattack » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:25 am

porter_55 wrote:
feeshattack wrote:yea they are going to be in the PGA

the PGA is pushin it,  state champ is more reasonable, i'd like to see their high school career before we start putting them on that level.

o no porty pig, i know they will be.... actually tiger better watch out, i think that both of them will be better than tiger... they both will be the best to ever play the game
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Claz B Fan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:21 pm

Tiger who?
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jwall512 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:01 pm

That is a dumb comment they are both very good but tiger was shooting in the sixtys before his teens and not only that i dont think either one of them have one a high school tournament yet so to be saying that they are going to be better than tiger or even close to tiger is a little farfetched.
Stupid is as Stupid does

-Forrest Gump
Jwall512
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:08 pm

Jwall512 wrote:That is a dumb comment they are both very good but tiger was shooting in the sixtys before his teens and not only that i dont think either one of them have one a high school tournament yet so to be saying that they are going to be better than tiger or even close to tiger is a little farfetched.

ever heard of sarcasm?
project-pat

Postby Claz B Fan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:13 am

Apparently not
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jwall512 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:39 pm

ya i can tell sarcassm over the internet ;)
Stupid is as Stupid does

-Forrest Gump
Jwall512
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:01 pm

Jwall512 wrote:ya i can tell sarcassm over the internet ;)

did you honestly think they were serious???:shock:
project-pat

Postby feeshattack » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:10 pm

does anyone know where Jacob Wheeling is going to college?
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jwall512 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:41 pm

i heard UMARY

Stupid is as Stupid does

-Forrest Gump
Jwall512
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Golf